The Plot to Bomb the Pan Handle

Equinox

Stallwart Player
Introduction

For the first time in a long time, I really created a team I love to play with. It can be defensive, offensive, or anything in between within mere seconds. I find the fact that Skill Link abuse is only commonly seen on Cloyster, and I think that's sad. Why? Because Cinccino can abuse Skill Link as good as Cloyster can, if not, better. I built this team around my take on Cinccino's offense, that is, to build up residual damage so Minccino can sweep easier. As an added bonus to Minccino's already terrifyingly great ability, it also has blazing speed, so setting up really isn't even necessary for the team outside of putting up entry hazards. Now, to get to the fun part; the team.​
Changes in Bold

At A Glance

[animate]tyranitar[/animate] [animate]cinccino[/animate] [animate]garchomp[/animate] [animate]dugtrio[/animate] [animate]rotom-w[/animate] [animate]genesect[/animate]​

A Closer Look

[animate]tyranitar[/animate]
Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Stone Edge

My (usual) lead and weather inducer, Tyranitar is first! Thanks to Tyranitar's ability, he can summon a sandstorm that can chip the health away from my foe, which is highly useful for Cinccino's ability to sweep with ease. I chose Thunder Wave because I know Tyranitar attracts a lot of threats, and quite a few of them are fast (Terrakion, etc.), and thanks to the Wifi Clause, I can easily see what Pokemon I should expect to see, and easily predict and cripple them. Substitute is the next move, as it allows TTar to scout crippled foes, as well as allows Focus Punch to be a highly viable. Next is obviously Focus Punch, and it punches holes in anything that isn't immune or resists the deadly punch. With it, this Tyranitar can easily combat the oh-so-common Skarmory, as most people try to setup, my TTar can easily knock holes, and if they try and recover with Roost, Focus Punch will easily KO. Stone Edge is for Dragons/any Pokemon that withstands Focus Punch, and most of those who resist Focus Punch, cannot stand a hit from Stone Edge.

[animate]cinccino[/animate]
Cinccino (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Tail Slap

My next Pokemon, and amazing sweeper, Cinccino! Thanks to the multi hit moves, so so so many threats are removed from this team. Got a Sub Kyurem? Rock Blast it to death! Got a troublesome Terrakion behind a sub? Bullet Seed says goodbye. The coverage Cinccino gets is amazing, and thanks to Sandstorm + Stealth Rock damage, everything that doesn't resist Cinccino simply either gets knocked out, or gets low health. Now, I'm well aware that Sandstorm damage and LO damage stack up, but I chose LO simply because without it, Cinccino is too weak, and the compensation isn't worth it. Now, LO and SS might take some chunks out of Cinccino, but Cinccino easily makes up for this with all the damage it dishes out. U-turn is something I chose over Wake-Up Slap, why? Because it provides offensive momentum. With U-turn, I can easily switch to Genesect or anything else to check the threat that's currently out. So far, I've been having a HUGE success with this combination of U-turn and Skill Link.

[animate]garchomp[/animate]
Garchomp (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Toxic Stall Garchomp, such a beast<3 I know most people will say "Omgprotect is better," and sure, we are all entitled to opinions, but I like Sub better, it lets me scout easier, and also lets me dodge incoming status inducing moves like WoW and Toxic. I lerves Dragon Tail<3 It lets me shuffle out Pokemon, allowing entry hazards to become even better at their job of dishing out that extra damage. Some people might also say that Parashuffler DNite is better, but I disagree. Why? Simply because of the fact that Garchomp is immune to SS, and doesn't take as much damage from opposing entry hazards. Toxic lets me get a bonus on residual damage, and easily helps check opposing bulky mons, like Jellicent. EQ hits Steel-types and any Mon I feel Garchomp can take out. The EV spread looks weird too, I know, but I wanted to give Garchomp some bulk back, so I gave it as much HP EVs as possible, while the Atk EVs make Garchomp's attack sit at an even 300.

[animate]dugtrio[/animate]
Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
- Reversal
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch

My second Ground-type, as well as one of Genesect's most infamous partner, it's Dugtrio! I wanted a fast and very offensive orientated Pokemon, one that could trap problem Pokemon like Heatran, and Dugtrio fills the bill. When paired with Focus Sash, Reversal becomes deadly, allowing Dugtrio to easily KO a worn down Ferrothorn (or for that matter, any worn down Pokemon). EQ gets a nice STAB bonus, as well as takes good care of any Pokemon in general. Stealth Rock is the real attraction to Dugtrio, with blazing fast speed, and the impossibility to get knocked out from one single move, Stealth Rock is perfect for the slot, and fits in with the team. Sucker Punch acts as my goodbye move, when something faster comes in, and I want to do some damage back, or to hit Pokemon that are otherwise immune/resistant to Earthquake and Reversal, like Gengar, or the Lati@s.

[animate]rotom-w[/animate]
Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SAtk / 176 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Dat Rotom-W; it keeps in check everything that wants to try to KO so many of the other members. For instance, it keeps Genesect's Fire weakness at bay, handles Garchomp's Ice weakness easily, and really, is resistant to some of the most common weaknesses of the team! Levitate is amazing, as Ground-type attacks are suddenly very easy to handle. Volt Switch keeps momentum, allowing me to pick and choose which Mon I want to send out on the occasion. WoW helps with, again, residual damage, and not only that, but cripples a lot of physical threats. Pain Split keeps Rotom-W alive, and, at the same time, do damage. I will always keep Rotom-W with the team, as it resists a lot of the team's weaknesses, and easily cripples threats that think they're going to bring me down.

[animate]genesect[/animate]
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

My last team member, Genesect, is such an amazing Bug-type. It gets amazing coverage with all three moves easy. Not only that, but it gets U-turn, which, again, can keep things in my favor. And just when everyone thought that was enough, Gamefreak gave it Download, which gives either Genesect's Sp. Atk or Atk a boost, meaning Genesect can easily handle the metagame. Ice Beam takes out all manners of Pokemon, whether it be Thundurus-T, Dragonite, Salamence, or any of the other Genies. Genesect don't give no care. I gave it Flamethrower. "omg y wood u doo thaat? give it bug buzz plox!" Really, I didn't even bother with Bug Buzz. Why? Because it already has a good Bug-type move to use; U-turn. And so what if the weather gets changed? I still have Tyranitar to change it back easy as that. Flamethrower is a welcomed addition to Genesect, why? Because Ferrothorn, Scizor, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and any other Steel-type not named Heatran that I didn't name is something I fear a little, nor can't do too much against, so Flamethrower was something I decided was a must. Last, but not least, I gave it Thunderbolt. Holy crap there are a lot of Rain teams...and holy crap all the Pokemon that I make run away with Thunderbolt. If you're not running from Thunderbolt, just now if you aren't immune or resistant, it's gonna do a good chunk, even if your name is Keldeo.

Export:

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Stone Edge

Cinccino (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Skill Link
- U-turn
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Tail Slap

Garchomp (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
- Reversal
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SAtk / 176 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

Threat List

Color key:

- Minor threat (defensive Pokemon, Pokemon that can sometimes be quite a threat; something like Unaware Quagsire, etc.) -
- Medium threat (can take some turns to properly be a threat, can at times be speedy attackers like Latios) -
- Major threat (can easily take my team down, is a bad problem) -

- Anything will be added should it be found as a worthy threat -​

RE: The Plot to Bomb the Pan Handle OU

before i rate this, how do you handle +2 breloom?

To be honest, for the while I've spent laddering on PS! (23-5) I haven't run into boosting Breloom, just SubPunch. But what I did do was, with the Mon I had get the spore, and swap to Genesect, Flamethrower/U-turn it, and either try and faint with Flamethrower, or switch to a faster Pokemon who could take down Breloom (After U-turn)

TDL said:

He only has genesect to force it out?? otherwise gg? Normally I'd say "he has enough offensive pressure to not let it get to +2"...but with SubToxic Garchomp, Tyranitar that doesn't have a fire attack, and Dugtrio, Breloom actually gets multiple opportunities to set up.

That being said, I don't understand the point of Garchomp on this team. It just seems like deadweight. Substitute does nothing for it without Sand Veil, if Garchomp had Roost and Pressure you might be onto something, but without a healing move just takes away 25% that you aren't getting back as well as the 252 EVs you need to run in order to "scout" correctly. Those 252 EVs would be much better in defense for a bulky chomp. I think this team would benefit just from switching it outright to Mixed Salamence. Most of the Pokémon that stop Cinccino are the ones with obnoxiously high Defense, like Skarmory, Gliscor, Forretress, the random Tangrowths, etc. MixMence can use Draco Meteor and Fire Blast to hit their weaker defense, or Outrage, Brick Break, and Earthquake on the physical side. You could use an Expert Belt to bluff a choice item, but I really think Life Orb would be better. I'd try:

[animate]salamence[/animate]
Salamence @Life Orb
Naive nature
64 Atk/192 SpAtk/252 Spe
~Draco Meteor
~Fire Blast
~Outrage
~Earthquake/Brick Break (One hits Heatran, the other hits Blissey, both hit Tyranitar.)

I think this could rip teams apart for you pretty nicely. Whatever ability you use is up to you. I prefer Intimidate, but Moxie is fine.

I don't understand Tyranitar on this team either. It seems to be hindering you more than helping you as well. With Life Orb on Cinccino, you lose 16% after each attack. 10% is enough for me. If you get statused or Leech Seeded or something, it will be even worse. I would switch Tyranitar to something else. I'm thinking Deoxys-Defense, because it has Spikes, Light Screen, and Reflect, all of which support your team. Offensive and Frail sweepers like Cinccino appreciate Spikes and Dual Screens. Defenseoxys can also use Taunt or Magic Coat to keep hazards away, which potentially lets Dugtrio keep its Focus Sash.

Can you explain Rotom-W's EVs? They seem to have no correlation whatsoever...but I don't really know, maybe you had something in mind for them. Just an FYI, hitting 300 Attack on Garchomp doesn't really mean anything...252 HP/252 Spe actually would have been a better spread IMO. Normally, the EVs are designed to do something. For example, like the Salamence there. 252 Speed is a must so you speed tie with other base 100 Speed Pokémon (like Jirachi) and outrun base 99 Pokémon (Genesect lol). 64 Attack gurantees that you OHKO Blissey with Outrage. The rest are put into Special Attack so Draco Meteor and Fire Blast hit as hard as possible. All the EVs serve a purpose.

Your team absolutely cannot handle Scarf Terrakion. You don't have an effective way to withstand Fighting Type moves, and since you're running a sand team with Ttar it is essential you have a Pokemon that can take Fighting moves. Breloom can wipe this team out and you can't rely on Genesect as a reliable counter since it can't switch in safely on a Spore or a Mach Punch (or any fighting move in general). Garchomp isn't doing much for the team at all so you're better off replacing it with CM Latias, which gives you a way to counter Fighting Types, and adds extra resistances to the team (since you have both Garchomp and Dugtrio which are Ground Types). It also helps against Rain and Sun teams. I'll give you the set.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

One Approved said:
TDL said:

He only has genesect to force it out?? otherwise gg? Normally I'd say "he has enough offensive pressure to not let it get to +2"...but with SubToxic Garchomp, Tyranitar that doesn't have a fire attack, and Dugtrio, Breloom actually gets multiple opportunities to set up.

That being said, I don't understand the point of Garchomp on this team. It just seems like deadweight. Substitute does nothing for it without Sand Veil, if Garchomp had Roost and Pressure you might be onto something, but without a healing move just takes away 25% that you aren't getting back as well as the 252 EVs you need to run in order to "scout" correctly. Those 252 EVs would be much better in defense for a bulky chomp. I think this team would benefit just from switching it outright to Mixed Salamence. Most of the Pokémon that stop Cinccino are the ones with obnoxiously high Defense, like Skarmory, Gliscor, Forretress, the random Tangrowths, etc. MixMence can use Draco Meteor and Fire Blast to hit their weaker defense, or Outrage, Brick Break, and Earthquake on the physical side. You could use an Expert Belt to bluff a choice item, but I really think Life Orb would be better. I'd try:

[animate]salamence[/animate]
Salamence @Life Orb
Naive nature
64 Atk/192 SpAtk/252 Spe
~Draco Meteor
~Fire Blast
~Outrage
~Earthquake/Brick Break (One hits Heatran, the other hits Blissey, both hit Tyranitar.)

I think this could rip teams apart for you pretty nicely. Whatever ability you use is up to you. I prefer Intimidate, but Moxie is fine.

I don't understand Tyranitar on this team either. It seems to be hindering you more than helping you as well. With Life Orb on Cinccino, you lose 16% after each attack. 10% is enough for me. If you get statused or Leech Seeded or something, it will be even worse. I would switch Tyranitar to something else. I'm thinking Deoxys-Defense, because it has Spikes, Light Screen, and Reflect, all of which support your team. Offensive and Frail sweepers like Cinccino appreciate Spikes and Dual Screens. Defenseoxys can also use Taunt or Magic Coat to keep hazards away, which potentially lets Dugtrio keep its Focus Sash.

Can you explain Rotom-W's EVs? They seem to have no correlation whatsoever...but I don't really know, maybe you had something in mind for them. Just an FYI, hitting 300 Attack on Garchomp doesn't really mean anything...252 HP/252 Spe actually would have been a better spread IMO. Normally, the EVs are designed to do something. For example, like the Salamence there. 252 Speed is a must so you speed tie with other base 100 Speed Pokémon (like Jirachi) and outrun base 99 Pokémon (Genesect lol). 64 Attack gurantees that you OHKO Blissey with Outrage. The rest are put into Special Attack so Draco Meteor and Fire Blast hit as hard as possible. All the EVs serve a purpose.

@Washtom EVs, I got them off of Smogon, on Rotom-W's page. I'll try Salamence, also, I haven't been having too bad a time with using Chomp. And I've already explained why I'm keeping TTar. One other thing; since I'm keeping Tyranitar, shouldn't LO be Lefties?

I don't see where you explained why you're keeping Tyranitar? It doesn't really do anything to support the team. Sand really only hinders Cinccino more than helping it, and it stacks your fighting weakness, which you have 0 resists to. Most of the Pokémon it would attract (Politoed, Terrakion, Keldeo, etc.) are usually beaten by Cinccino anyways, the only exception being if they are scarfed.

Leftovers Salamence would lose a lot of power, it would need Expert Belt to make up for it, but that won't boost anything that isn't super-effective.

Also I see it now for Rotom. They switched the spread up from what it used to be. You might want to try the Specially Defensive set, that way you would have an easier time against Rain, particularily Tornadus-T.

I'll try Deoxys-D I suppose, any thoughts for a set?

Deoxys-D @Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Timid nature
Trait: Pressure
252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
~Spikes
~Taunt
~Night Shade
~Reflect? LIght Screen? Magic Coat? Something else?

I'll try Magic Coat, Taunt back the Taunters, bounce the Stealth Rock back to the entry hazards setter.

***I'll post my results with your suggestions here in a day or two (or three, depending)***

Back