The New Spelling and Grammar Rankings System: Check last post for updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The New Spelling and Grammar Rankings System

I personally agree, but there's nothing we could do about it. WPM is keeping this system and that's that.

At least the system's working well for me. +18 and I hope it keeps going up.

~Magma King~ (4) - Last updated Yesterday, 03:44 pm

Negative (-1): The most Hypocritical person I have seen in my entire life.
3rd update of magma king's reputation for me.. AND IT'S STILL ABUSIVE!!!!

LOL, It's true. Your reps are really, really annoying >.<. BTW, I changed it with an example of bad typing. There you go :)

I'd suggest a normal reputation system. It'd be more fun, and less people would complain about "Unfair" reputations. People could still criticise grammar and spelling anyway, but it'd be more open.

No one ever rates my grammar! At least anymore...

T-Tar Master said:
No one ever rates my grammar! At least anymore...
That's nothing to complain about. It isn't compulsory for other members to rate.

Yeah, and mine!!! Do the people who have that low of reps really get banned? I've seen 2 people with over negative 20, and I'm sure you know who at least one of them is...

charging_chimchar said:
liar your not in the 6th grade ur 13 unless you got held back...
Would this count as a bad rep with a bad reason? I said in Charging_chimchar's rep system that he was a bad speller and it didn't matter if he was in the sixth grade or not and he gave me this. I'm not trying to act like a child telling on another, but I really don't appreciate this in my account...

That's an abuse to the system. He's giving you a bad rep because he think's your a liar. Well, I've just decided to not worry about it anymore. I'll just make sure I follow the system myself. If there was a rule- report all abusive reps to a mod- the warning system would be flooded. :p

People kept giving me reps saying I put spaces between exclamation points and question marks and several people gave me negative reps just to be like WPM...

Galefail (8) - Last updated October 14th, 2008, 05:47 PM

Negative (-1): Use periods, and what's with the spaces before ?'s and !'s?
choccy417 (2) - Last updated October 13th, 2008, 03:19 PM

Negative (-1): I agree with Darkrai and WPM. You need to use periods.

And this is the straw that broke the camel's back...
Andyman (5) - Last updated October 23rd, 2008, 05:27 PM

Negative (-1): your a negative rep

This system needs to be eradicated...

^ Not much. If you don't use periods correctly, or use bad grammar, people have a right to negative you, whether WPM said it first or someone else did.

The only thing I hate about the system is the hypocracy flying around. People with minus reps like to give people negatives to prove when they are better than them. When everyone else is giving you positives and one jealous guy comes and negatives you, it makes me mad. If your grammar rating is like -3 or below, I think you shouldn't be allowed to give peopel negatvies until you fix your own gramar first.

Anyways, this thread is pretty much fail because no-one cares about the system much. Members have prooved to newbish to use it well, so hey just join the fun. I think it is OK to give someone a spammy rep as long as you include somthing about god grammar.

Everyone in this thread needs to get a life, officially. If people are spamming your reps, and not saying anything about spelling/grammar in ther post, then you can just ignore the rep. You'll know deep down that your nto a bad poster, and if you are a good poster loads of other people will give you positives so it doesn't matter.

Chill. Most peole really don't care.

And and you have to remember...

We don't care. Get a life.

/Contreversial post.

Sweet Dawn, its a grammar problem. People are giving you negative reps because of your grammar problems. Is there a simpler explanation?

DialgaX, you guys are just bandwagoning with WPM, just because he gave SD a negative rep for periods doesn't mean you all have to follow him and give SD negatives too. A few period misses here and there is not called grammatical error.

FUnny how the rep you gave SD is crazy by saying that what SD made were in fact punctuation errors and not grammatical ones.

I'll agree, that is pretty harsh. Judging by that post, your grammar appears to be top-notch. So judging you by the fact that you didn't give credit is not a valid reason for a '-1' point.

=] Thanks, I appreciate the help. Gave you a rep too.

Heh, well, your grammar does appear to be impeccable. Hopefully this rating system will weed out the people who still talk in 'chat speak'.

wow , I still cant beleive this site.this grammar thing is still stupid its like i came on hear to talk about pokemon and have fun ,and not to be lectured and abused cuz i want to just talk and chat not write a essay like im at school heck this is part of the reason im quitting pokemon is b/c people are going ape over this and being to up tight when their focusing more on grammar than the true reason we play this game. and that just disgust me ... grammar freaks!!!!!

hope i do get banned two...

It's not "Noobish" or insane to have a good grammar... you know many people from this forums ain't from USA or UK or Australia so we don't know your accents, how about I start writing in Slovene... would you understand what I'm talking to you.. unless you use a Google translate you won't and even then I will write in my home language so you won't understan a word... what I'm trying to say is that I don't know this "cuz, bum bam thing :p" ... and if English is an world language please use it right ..

thanks

dustinmoe said:
wow , I still cant beleive this site.this grammar thing is still stupid its like I came on hear to talk about pokemon and have fun ,and not to be lectured and abused cuz I want to just talk and chat not write a essay like im at school heck this is part of the reason im quitting pokemon is because people are going ape over this and being to up tight when their focusing more on grammar than the true reason we play this game. and that just disgust me ... grammar freaks!!!!!

hope I do get banned two...

No, people are not trying to lecture you or make you write an essay, they just want to understand you when you discuss. Example:

Person 1: wher is rsyquaza
Person 2: sku pplar nr pacfiwatvr town
Person 1: lolwuyt
Person 3: i thin he meann s plar
Person 1: k wut

Of course, everybody'd prefer:
Person 1: Where can you find Rayquaza?
Person 2: Sky Pillar, it's near [Name of that town :p]

And like magic, people will know what eachother are saying, and won't sound like absolute morons. Just by using correct grammar and spelling ^_^

ya thats what people do need to look out for but there looking at stuff like no grammar certain mistakes and yell at them for it ,now what you just showed i dont like either ,and i speak english ...

Your getting upset because your getting negative reps. This system has it's flaws, but it's designed to help people with their grammar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back