The New Spelling and Grammar Rankings System: Check last post for updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The New Spelling and Grammar Rankings System

Also try FireFox: it has a built in grammar/spelling check.

I type really good. Even though I only use two fingers (both index fingers) to type. I found that way easier for me than the regular method (the five-fingered Method)

It really doesn't matter what way you type. Just if you spell correctly. So...you take 4 hours to write an essay. If you have great spelling and grammar, it's absolutely fine, unless your in computer lab however. :p

People have different methods on the way they type and most type upmost perfectly

I can't type that well. My fingers lead me to each key, and I have no idea where I'm going. I'm not too great of a typer but I can type pretty fast! :p

My keyboard for one computer doesn't register the keys being pressed sometimes.

WPM, I am going to be honest. Regardless of how hard you try and try to push these guidelines, your not going to get your anticipated result. This system is too problematic. Making a thread and an announcement just isn't quite enough. It's not going to get the message across. There is no sure way to report this action, as there is too many members too count;unless of course you enjoy getting mass PM'ed. Laying down these rules will help, but won't do everything you planned. It is still going to lead to spam and disputes, thus banning active members for a pretty decent amount of time, or even worse permanently. People are just going to continue to abuse this system, and will find ways to work around it. For example, "You are the Administrator of PokeBeach! By the way, you have good grammar." <--Simple as that. Again, keep on enforcing this, that's great. And if you find a way to make this work, kudos to you. It's way to problematic, and hard to keep track of. And will just cause, spam, disputes, and further confusion amongst forum members, which we quite obviously don't need. =/

You do have a point there. It's too hard to control everyone. It all lies in the hands of the members themselves to give fair reps. I'll just try my best to give fair reps. You can count on me! :)

The result is hopefully to stop all the spaming. We might get what he excepts, thought it will have to take some time...

this new system makes me feel bad about my english skills
ive got negatives because i dont capatalize
its a forum not a freaking english class
this new stuff really really makes me angry

trevorispro said:
this new system makes me feel bad about my english skills
ive got negatives because I don't capatalize
its a forum not a freaking english class
this new stuff really really makes me angry
*kricketune chirps*
1. English is the hardest language to learn, typing is harder though so don't go crying now
2. actually there are many reasons...
3. True but we can't all be like pokemonred going: Plez jone ma clawn
4. It's not gonna make you angry unless you cry over a scratch on a rock

It causes spam/flaming and makes CERTAIN people cry *coughtrevorisprocough*
But this would be better for trading.. I mean C'mon! Rating spelling/Grammar?

I usually judge people's spelling and grammar on if you can read what they are saying well. Sometimes when I don't understand what someone is saying because their words are totally mispelled and they have linking sentences, I can't help but give a negative. :)

Now don't complain. This is a way to help people learn proper grammar and spelling

Good point. We can also PM a person and let them know after we give them a rep. We're supposed to help them. :)

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/reputation.php?uid=1867

Check andyman's rep.

I've got a bad Rep in here from Andyman, just because I reported his Avatar to a Mod and it got removed. >__> I'm like really close to giving him a -1. :/ But I won't. ;p

EDIT: Yeah, lolz zyflair.

dmaster out.

See, some people shouldn't be repping, because all it's going to do is start flame wars and rivalries.

That's what I said a couple of pages ago. That's what this will boil down to. Flame wars and rivalries...

I'm already used a laughing stock in a quote by Senor Noobnerd. I should be ashamed! :(

I will make sure all my posts are only related to spelling and grammar! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back