Pokemon The Most Forgotten Pokémon

mastermagpie

Aspiring Trainer
Many Pokémon get forgotten over time, whether it be by their appalling typing or their boring looks. So, in this thread we remember the forgotten and try and figure out what went wrong.

My first thought is Masquerain; It has pretty much one of the worst type combos and pitiful stats. Plus, I can't remember the last time I saw one in the wild!

EDIT: Also, Lumineon and Finneon. They look nice and all but they are just utterly useless in combat... Plus they're not the easiest Pokémon to find... I think they just disappear into the generic fish Pokémon catagory.

> What do you keep forgetting?
> What comes first to your mind?

Legit thread. (y)

Re: RE: The Most Forgotten Pokémon

Teal said:

Legit thread. (y)

Makes sense; What comes first to your mind when you try to think of a Pokémon you usually forget about?

Blob55 said:
The Spoink line and the Nido lines are forgettable.

The Nido lines used to be really popular back in the day, especially Nidoking! Maybe it's the typing that has meant it has become forgotten? The only Pokémon I can think of from Gen 1 that is really never ever used is Lickitung. There was only ever one in the original game and it was a bit rubbish. Might trade one over to a game where I'm starting again and see if I can get some use out of it... xD

mastermagpie said:
Blob55 said:
The Spoink line and the Nido lines are forgettable.

The Nido lines used to be really popular back in the day, especially Nidoking! Maybe it's the typing that has meant it has become forgotten? The only Pokémon I can think of from Gen 1 that is really never ever used is Lickitung. There was only ever one in the original game and it was a bit rubbish. Might trade one over to a game where I'm starting again and see if I can get some use out of it... xD

But the Nidos are never put into any spin-off games that don't have all the Pokémon at the time or in any Pokédex after GSC/HGSS.

Teal said:

Legit thread. (y)

ahahahahah

Anyhow. Im sure there are fans for every pokemon. Which one has the least would be tough to figure out without any actual statistics lol.

We can exclude plenty of pokemon tho.
Like ones with important roles (where you either have to choose, or are confronted with something important)
-starters
-legends
-fossils
-eeveelutions
-rotom

Then anything thats simply strong
-pseudolegends
-lucario/scizor/breloom/....

gimmick: rotom, smeargle, ditto

Weather inducers: ninetales, politoed, hippowdon, abomasnow

SImple features people tend to find cool:
-its a dragon
-fireeeeee

etcetc

In the end you would have a list of ~50 pokemon most people don't care about.

Some of my guesses on what ends up there (note: I pulled this out of my behind):
-Fearow
-Wigglytuff
-Persian
-Seaking
-Pinsir
-Furret
-Ledian
-Sunflora
-Granbull
-Qwilfish
-Ursaring
-Octillery
-Swalot
-Grumpig
-Banette
-Luvdisc
-Kricketune
-Mothim
-Lumineon
-Carnivine
-Unfezant
-Basculin
-Heatmor

Happy?

Mitja said:
in the end you would have a list of ~50 pokemon most people don't care about.

some of my guesses on what ends up there (note: I pulled this out of my behind):
-Fearow
-Wigglytuff
-Persian
-Seaking
-Pinsir
-Furret
-Ledian
-Sunflora
-Granbull
-Qwilfish
-Ursaring
-Octillery
-Swalot
-Grumpig
-Banette
-Luvdisc
-Kricketune
-Mothim
-Lumineon
-Carnivine
-Unfezant
-Basculin
-Heatmor

happy?

Good deduction but a few of those are quite common in some of the games like Basculin.

I had a thought that the second of evolution of three stage Pokémon would be forgotten about a lot, even for more popular Pokémon.

- Lombre
- Gabite
- Grovyl etc.

Finneon/Lumineon by far for me. I don't play Sinnoh often, and I don't fish often, I can only think of a couple trainers that have either one of them, and I've never used one on a team (even with my rule to always try to use as many Pokemon I haven't used before as possible).
Kind of a shame too, because I really like their color palette :v

Kangaskhan. I always forget about Kangaskhan even though she can be a gimmicky Pokemon. Finneon and Lumineon are cool, I wanted to capture them in DP but I later forgot. There are many Pokemon I can't list while trying to list all of them but I can say their names if they put me a photo of them pretty easily. I could forget about Farafetch'd and Dunsparce.

Mitja said:
weather inducers: ninetales, politoed, hippowdon, abomasnow

simple features people tend to find cool:
-its a dragon
-fireeeeee

etcetc

in the end you would have a list of ~50 pokemon most people don't care about.

some of my guesses on what ends up there (note: I pulled this out of my behind):
-Fearow
-Wigglytuff
-Persian
-Seaking
-Pinsir
-Furret
-Ledian
-Sunflora
-Granbull
-Qwilfish
-Ursaring
-Octillery
-Swalot
-Grumpig
-Banette
-Luvdisc
-Kricketune
-Mothim
-Lumineon
-Carnivine
-Unfezant
-Basculin
-Heatmor

happy?

I always forget about the Hippowdon line....

You're just listing NU mon as forgettable (although, I do have to agree with Grumpig, Mothim, Swalot and Luvdisc.)

Just thought - Huntail and Gorebyss. Two completely pointless, ugly and forgettable Pokemon. They're really awkward to obtain too!

Well depends also on whether we are talking about how much they are featured in the games or what.

My previous post was about pokemon that might be the least likely to be someones #1 favourite or something like that. (also I consider separate stages of one line as the same pokemon, hence why I didn't mention middle stages etc.)

Ehm, at least from a competitive perspective, Gorebyss is quite popular for baton passing, especially now with Shell Smash!

And Hippowdon should have plenty of fans alone due to being the alternative Sandstream pokemon.

Mitja said:
well depends also on whether we are talking about how much they are featured in the games or what.

My previous post was about pokemon that might be the least likely to be someones #1 favourite or something like that. (also I consider separate stages of one line as the same pokemon, hence why I didn't mention middle stages etc.)

Ehm, at least from a competitive perspective, Gorebyss is quite popular for baton passing, especially now with Shell Smash!

And Hippowdon should have plenty of fans alone due to being the alternative Sandstream pokemon.

I think it just means how some Pokémon are shown a lot in the Animé and games, but others aren't and those tend to be the ones I forget.

Each gen has its own pokemon
1st: Drowzee line,Magnemite line,Shellder line and Paras line
2nd: Spinirak line,Aipom,Stantler,Pineco line,Slugma line,Swinub line
3rd: Gulpin line,Relicanth,Chimeco and the regies
4th: Stunkey,Purgley
5th: foraseed,Maractus and elgyem line
6th: all of them i only see people talking about sylveon..:D

I actually forgot that Stantler was a Pokémon!

Also:

-Gorebyss
-Spinda
-Dusknoir
-Murkrow
-Honchkrow (is that how you spell it?)

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Probably Nincada evolution line. I completely forgot Ninjask's pre-evo

>:0

I remember the popular ones, like once I forgot about Palkia, Dialga, Latios, and Latias :(

Not Cresselia because of how awesome it is on Trick Room teams, which is my style.

Back