Discussion The Most Eggciting New Deck in Expanded

Magmarco

Aspiring Trainer
Ok so I've been juggling some ideas in my head involving the best way to run the new Alolan Exeggutor GX card because I think its pretty sweet. The craziest idea I came up with on a whim was Exeggutor/Zoroark. I want to run this in expanded for three absolutely integral cards: Propagation Exeggcute, Double Dragon Energy, and Scramble Switch. Let me explain my thought process. You start the game with an execggute or alolan vulpix and let it get knocked out no matter what. While they are in the active, you are setting up your eggs and zoroarks on the bench for 1 or 2 turns (2 if your opponent draws a dud hand or you go first). Then you let it get KO'd, which only benefits you, putting a prop egg in the discard or getting rid of the now useless vulpix, and granting you access to counter energy and counter catcher. Now, you have double dragon, double colorless, and counter energy at your disposal, all of which fuel all of egg's attacks (bar 2 DCE). From there you use egg's three amazing attacks depending on the situation. Need to snipe a shaymin on the bench? Use the first attack with three energy cards attached. Need to stall? Use the second attack to confuse your opponent. The GX attack works fantastic, especially with a lot of energy on the board. You even have Zoroark as a backup attacker in addition to draw support, if all else goes to shit. Between the GX attack and Scramble Switch you have 2 ways to move energy around and use max potion on eggs with no energies on them while the egg receiving energy is at full health and ready to go. I would also run bodybuilding dumbbells to bring egg's HP to a whopping 260, nearly impossible to OHKO. Here is my tentative decklist:

Pokémon - 15
1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
2 Zorua SLG 52
2 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
3 Alolan Exeggutor-GX CIN 74
4 Exeggcute PLF 4
2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

Trainer Cards - 33
1 Colress PLS 135
1 Skyla BKT 148
2 Special Charge STS 105
4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
3 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 113
2 Float Stone BKT 137
1 Scramble Switch PLS 129
2 Counter Catcher CIN 91
1 Energy Reset FCO 98
1 Field Blower GRI 125
2 Guzma BUS 115
3 Professor Juniper PLF 116
3 N NVI 92
3 Max Potion GRI 128

Energy - 12
4 Grass Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
4 Double Dragon Energy ROS 97

Total Cards - 60

Thanks to anyone who even read all my rambling. I'm aware that this deck is super clunky I just think it would be crazy fun, especially to win with. Enjoy my product of procrastinating haha. Any thoughts like at all on this idea would be awesome, or better ways to run eggy cuz I really like this card :p. Also yes, this deck does lose to enhanced hammer and kartana GX, thanks for reminding me.

Changes I've considered:
Shining Rayquaza with 190 damage nuke
Computer Search
Baby Zoroark with Mind Jack
Grass energy

Last edited:
I'm wondering who you plan on putting the counter energy on:

This card provides (1) Colorless Energy. If you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent, and if this card is attached to a Pokémon that isn't a Pokémon-GX or Pokémon-EX,

I always forget about that condition, rip. Regardless access to counter catcher and grass and emerged to avoid having all special energy is better anyways. Thanks for the reminder.

Back