Help The "Is There A Card That Does This?" Thread

Is there a card that allows me to retreat more than once a turn? (preferably 5 times, but it doesn't have to) I also want this to be possible a few amount of times (not that it will be impossible to do after doing it once). I know this asks a lot, but i just want to know ;)

Edit: It does not have to be in standard, I'm also okay with expanded.

Last edited:
I've delete the search engine posted above and any post relative to it, as it is considered a form of advertising (only the Pokemon.com Database may be linked on PB). ~bbninjas

Is there a card that allows me to retreat more than once a turn? (preferably 5 times, but it doesn't have to) I also want this to be possible a few amount of times (not that it will be impossible to do after doing it once). I know this asks a lot, but i just want to know ;)

Edit: It does not have to be in standard, I'm also okay with expanded.

Retreating itself is a mechanic that can only be used once a turn, but any form of "switching" effect can be used multiple times a turn. A list of cards that can switch your Active from Expanded on are:

Olympia
Switch
Metagross AOR
Escape Rope
Zoroark BKT/Keldeo-EX + Float Stone combo (allows one switch + 1 retreat so you restore the same Active)
Scramble Switch
Vanilluxe NXD

Is there a card that prevents your own tool cards from being discarded? (I don't mean an Omega Barrier Pokémon) (Lol I'm asking a lot of these questions :p)

There isn't really something that prevents tools from getting discarded, but perhaps there is a way to counter how they are getting discarded. If it's by item cards, item lock could help. There is also Eco Arm to effectively get back discarded tools, which may be quite optimal.

What cards are there that boost attack? I know this sounds like a generic and frankly dumb question, but I just want to know.

Hey guys, looking for something that increases the retreat cost of pokemon (Apart from Aqua's Secret Base)

It's gotta be Standard legal but I don't want to lose my Dimension Valley :'(

Hey is there a card that can bring cards from the discard pile back into your hand or deck?

There is fewer cards that can get out any card you want out of the discard pile, but there is a lot of cards that do retrieve cards from the discard. I've marked any cards that can get anything with a *.

For Standard, the cards that retrieve other cards from the discard pile and put them in your hand are:

Fossil Excavation Kit
Revitalizer
Slowpoke GEN
Puzzle of Time*
Shiftry BKP
Fisherman
Woobat*
Kirlia BKT
Simipour/Simisear/Simisage BKT
Energy Retrieval
Malamar AOR*
Virizion AOR
VS Seeker
Regirock AT
Team Magma Admin
Manaphy PRC
Milotic PRC*
Minun FFI
Diggersby XY

I was thinking of running a standard deck in the future once Steam Siege comes out that's focused around Infernape and his glorious 2-energy attacks. Despite the fact that I have only been interested in the TCG for about a week now, I have a good idea of how I would compose the deck in terms of energy count and most Trainer cards, I have no idea what other Pokemon to use in the deck. Which Pokemon would help with discarding Fire energies/ card draw? Base set Delphox isn't what I'm looking for because she's another Stage 2.

I was thinking of running a standard deck in the future once Steam Siege comes out that's focused around Infernape and his glorious 2-energy attacks. Despite the fact that I have only been interested in the TCG for about a week now, I have a good idea of how I would compose the deck in terms of energy count and most Trainer cards, I have no idea what other Pokemon to use in the deck. Which Pokemon would help with discarding Fire energies/ card draw? Base set Delphox isn't what I'm looking for because she's another Stage 2.
There's a lot of cards that can discard Fire Energy, or Energy in general. I have omitted any cards that you definitely won't be looking for, like a Magmar that does 30 for two and discards a fire Energy, as obviously that is not going to get you anywhere. I've also starred (*) the cards that I would consider using myself, for a deck that like that you are making.

Discards attached Energy
Pyroar PHF *
Pyroar FLF
M Houndoom-EX *
Arcanine BKP
Magcargo PRC
Charizard-EX
Pyroar Promo
Super Potion
Max Potion *
Ninetales-EX

Discards Energy in your hand
Scorched Earth *
Fiery Torch *
Torchic AT PRC *

Discards cards in your deck
Typhlosion BKT
Quilava BKT
Rayquaza Promo
Entei (in combination with a "discards attached Energy" card)
Rayquaza-EX
M Charizard-EX
Magcargo XY
Acro Bike *
Battle Compressor *
Ultra Ball *

I normally don' suggest cards of sets unreleased in English, but you may also like to look into Volcanion-EX and Volcarona.

There's a lot of cards that can discard Fire Energy, or Energy in general. I have omitted any cards that you definitely won't be looking for, like a Magmar that does 30 for two and discards a fire Energy, as obviously that is not going to get you anywhere. I've also starred (*) the cards that I would consider using myself, for a deck that like that you are making.

Discards attached Energy
Pyroar PHF *
Pyroar FLF
M Houndoom-EX *
Arcanine BKP
Magcargo PRC
Charizard-EX
Pyroar Promo
Super Potion
Max Potion *
Ninetales-EX

Discards Energy in your hand
Scorched Earth *
Fiery Torch *
Torchic AT PRC *

Discards cards in your deck
Typhlosion BKT
Quilava BKT
Rayquaza Promo
Entei (in combination with a "discards attached Energy" card)
Rayquaza-EX
M Charizard-EX
Magcargo XY
Acro Bike *
Battle Compressor *
Ultra Ball *

I normally don' suggest cards of sets unreleased in English, but you may also like to look into Volcanion-EX and Volcarona.
I'm looking into making this as budget as possible, so I'll likely look at the EX Pokemon last to fill the spot. However, I do have a good chunk of the starred cards already thanks to the basic sets the TCGO gives you. I'll look for a couple of Max Potions and Fiery Torches, as well as a full complement of Battle Compressors. Thank you!

Is there a card that discards Pokémon off of your own bench? (Preferably not a supporter or attack.) (Cards that would discard a Sky Field also work.)

Cheers!

Back