The Hair Thread

Shivershaft

I've returned
I've noticed that there has been a lot of talk of hairstyling (caused by me and LL =p) and hair care products in the beach member picture thread. I decided that because it seems people are so interested in hair, and both guys and girls have questions, this would be a good place to make a question thread.

If you have any questions regarding hair care products, such as pastes gels, hairsprays, waxes, etc., this is the place to ask now. This is for both guys and girls, so dont be shy!

Should I start using Just for Men [/Sarcasm]

I started using Store-bought brands to save money and have noticed my hair 'changing' :/ Is this bad?

No homo but I dun like bumpits in general. (Talking about girls here of course) I'm sure Sarah could make it look awesome, but it looks like an odd bump on someone's head in most situations. As for volume, avoiding products that contain sillicone and polymers can help natural volume come out.

I'm black, we wear wigs because we are cool like that. :3

bump-its can be good, some of them can look natural. If you put it in the wrong spot, it can look totally fake and everyone can see it isn't a natural bump. I'd give it a shot. There isn't much you can lose. I tried guyliner, and it actually looks good, but unfortnately people began to question my sexual orientation, so i stopped :3

What do you mean by 'changing'?

The Assassin said:
What do you mean by 'changing'?

Getting more dry and turning into a dark blonde instead of my usual light blonde color. It's beginning to worry me :/

I use the brilliant brand called my hand. And occasionally that water stuff.

Done in about 10 seconds.

Claus said:

Do you even mind to use Shampoo? Doing what you do can cause it to look greasy and cause lice.

I think guyliner is sexy on guys, but I didn't know you were into that scene/emo look, blake

The reason I'm asking bout the bump is cuz I'm afraid ppl will see it and will be like "OMG THAT GURL GOT SOME PLASTIC SHIZ IN HER HAIR"
SotH said:
I'm black, we wear wigs because we are cool like that. :3

Unfortunetly we white people are boring so only grown, rich men like donald trump can wear them without looking demented xD

My Hair is thick, wavy hair so there's really no other choice than straightening my hair :F I like big, scene hair but without all the whore makeup

Blake and I are the official professionals on hair, just so everyone knows. :p

shaymin707 said:
Should I bother with bump-its? : P Or just hair spray and tease

Best thread btw xD

I honestly never knew why chicks put bump-its in their hair. It honestly looks like a rat is in your hair. Just keep it simple, straight, and long.

TheDarkLucario said:

I started using Store-bought brands to save money and have noticed my hair 'changing' :/ Is this bad?

Immediately switch brands unless you want to go bald.

Claus said:

The problem with that is your hair looks really boring like that. If you want to spice things up, water will just not do.

Also, if you have really dry hair, simply using water will make your hair look absolutely horrible. Not to mention, your hair will look like a puff ball.

Limitless said:
Blake and I are the official professionals on hair, just so everyone knows. :p

I honestly never knew why chicks put bump-its in their hair. It honestly looks like a rat is in your hair. Just keep it simple, straight, and long.

TheDarkLucario said:

Immediately switch brands unless you want to go bald.

Claus said:

The problem with that is your hair looks really boring like that. If you want to spice things up, water will just not do.

Also, if you have really dry hair, simply using water will make your hair look absolutely horrible. Not to mention, your hair will look like a puff ball.

lol at the bold :pp but yeah, me and LL, we're the hair gods of pokebeach. *shades*

Honestly, i'm going for a full makeover, pete wentz style, so i may start wearing guyliner. xD I'm getting my hair layered at some proffesional place in L.A, so i'll be that much closer to my pete wentz esque hair :>

You can buy store bought brands and your hair ail still look fine. You won't go bald either? haha I use all drugstore brands and my hair is shinier and softer than anyother rich bich who spends tons of moolah on products from salons. I don't even have split ends though I straighten and blow dry everyday, it's obvious you just need to figure out what will work with your own hair. I've tested expensive products against cheap and it's all in how you take care of it. No need to spend more run you need to.

Btw, pete wentz is an ugly hipster now :/ miss his old hot self so much!

The Assassin said:
Honestly, i'm going for a full makeover, pete wentz style, so i may start wearing guyliner. xD I'm getting my hair layered at some proffesional place in L.A, so i'll be that much closer to my pete wentz esque hair :>

We all know you mean getting your hair cut by a gay guy. I have a gay guy cut my hair. They're amazing at it. No joke.

shaymin707 said:
You can buy store bought brands and your hair ail still look fine. You won't go bald either? haha I use all drugstore brands and my hair is shinier and softer than anyother rich bich who spends tons of moolah on products from salons. I don't even have split ends though I straighten and blow dry everyday, it's obvious you just need to figure out what will work with your own hair. I've tested expensive products against cheap and it's all in how you take care of it. No need to spend more run you need to.

Btw, pete wentz is an ugly hipster now :/ miss his old hot self so much!

I was referring more towards the brand. If he's allergic or something to the product, then he risks going bald. I wasn't debating the cost of the products, as I have found that some cheaper products are actually better.

Ahh gotcha, I was going to say knowing your into hair styling it was kinda weird you'd be saying that cheap products don't work. Sorry about that

I'm black. I hate black people hair. It sucks, you can't do anything with it. It doesn't move in the wind, and doesn't add lines to the face. It gets disgusting really fast, too.

I didn't know you could be allergic to it >.<
And LL is right, gay people have talent with hair, but I chose to let my sister cut it because 'it's free and a girls opinion' ;)

TheDarkLucario said:
I didn't know you could be allergic to it >.<
And LL is right, gay people have talent with hair, but I chose to let my sister cut it because 'it's free and a girls opinion' ;)

I specifically get my hair cut by gay, Asian guys. Yes, Asians are genetically pro at hair-styling.

Back