• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard The God of Raging Skies (M Rayquaza EX / Reshiram)

Yo-yos

DP and hoenn era, when tcg was dope
This is just a modded list I've been testing out since the mechanic came out

Pokemon
  • 3-3 M Rayquaza EX (Delta Wild)
  • 4 Reshiram ROS (Turboblaze)
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Jirachi EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Switch
  • 2 Super Scoop Up
  • 1 Scoop Up Cyclone
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 2 N
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Energy Retrieval
  • 4 Mega Turbo
  • 4 Trainers Mail
  • 2 Maintenance
  • 3 Rayquaza Spirit Link
  • 1 Lysandre
Energy
  • 4 DDE (Double Dragon Energy)
  • 7 Fire Energy
  • 2 Lightning Energy

The point of this strategy is to put up that reshiram and use the ability turboblaze to setup mega ray on the bench to later hit for incredible numbers, the 4 mega turbo increase odds and chances of mega ray hitting more often then not.

I think 2 Hydreigon make a lot of sense in this deck, as an Aegislash/Pyroar/Safeguard counter.

That, and the free retreat granted from Stadium. I think you really want to run 3-4 Scorched Earth in this deck, both for draw support and energy discard for Mega Turbo

^ I agree. I was actually about to make such a suggestion! ;)

Hydreigon makes this deck go 'round so much it's spherical. What I might do to put he and the Stadiums in is something like this:

-1 Energy Retrieval (Mega Turbo makes this rather moot.)
-2 Super Scoop Up (You will already have free retreat, ergo you will not need to be scooped up)
-1 Jirachi EX (Shaymin will draw you all the cards you'll ever need, including Supporters, and with bench space coming at a premium with this deck, I might only run the Shaymin.)

+2 Hydreigon EX (Gives all your Pokemon {except for himself if you lack a second in play, oddly enough} free retreat.)
+3 Scorched Earth / Skyfield (Scorched Earth will help you with draw, and you'll get a pretty cool combo going with the Mega Turbo. Skyfield, though, will allow you put down all your Reshiram, multiple Ray, multiple Hydreigon and, chiefly, multiple Shaymin. Both are cool, and entirely up to preference.)

Overlooked Stadium that I think really compliments this deck is Shrine of Memories. It let's you activate Hydreigon's ability, but also makes it so you can use regular Rayquaza's attack. It's great for saving you from having to discard 2 energy to knock out something weak, like a Hawlucha or Flareon.

Online on the TCG game, I honestly found Shrine of Memories more useful. It'll allow Mega Rayquaza to use other attacks in case you don't have the energy or Dragon Ascent will be too much overkill and not worth it. But that's just how I've found it flows smoother.

Back