The Fan Creation Tournament! IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT IN MY LAST POST!

Is this tournament a good idea?

• yes

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Max Shade IV

Pokémon Collector
Hello! I'm Max Shade IV, and I had this crazy idea, and I want to try to make it work.

This is the Fan Creations Tournament. Here is what you'll need to enter this ONE ROUND TOURNAMENT:

1. A Team. (Anywhere from one to six members)
2. A FanFic, preferably Pokemon related
3. Banners, TCs, and other forms of art (scratch sprites, avatars, fusions, anything!), preferably related to your Fic.

The only thing I can tell you for a limit is your imagination. The more you give me, the higher you set the bar, remember that. I don't care how long your Fic is, how many banners you give me, but in this tournament, I'm looking at both quality AND quantity.

Here's the Judges (Looking for one more!)

1. Max Shade IV
2.Achmetha
3.Shard79
4.ssb4ever

Judges, here is your current scoring system:
Fan Fic:
Originality: 10 points
Character Developement: 5 points
Plot: 10 points
Descriptivnes: 10 points
Net Points Available: 35

Banners/Avatars
Creativness: 10 points
Apparent Effort: 10 points
Net Points Available: 20

Trainer Cards
Creativness: 10 points
Apparent Effort: 10 points
Net Points Available: 20

Overall (What would you give as an overall score?): 20 points

Bonus Points: Add up to five extra points to any of the net scores if the entry had something that stuck out from the rest.

TOTAL POINTS AVAILABLE: 100

Now, let's meet PokéBeach.com/forums's fineset artists who will compete against each other!

Team One: Ketchup and Mustard

Team Two: Black Rayquaza and Puzzle

Team Three: Sargent_Tankian and Bulbasaur45

Team Four: Charizard88 and Vasoguardx marinepika

Team Five: Bonsly1994 light manaphy INFERNAPE Palmer Boracay_Jason

Team Six: Moneyking63 riolu_ranger Dragon Rider of PokeBeach Golem King

Team Seven: blazing Pokémon master

Team Eight: Stryker Z

Team Nine: James

Team Ten: ~Magma king~

No one can join or start teams. That is over. All entries in all categories must be completed and turned in by 1/31/08

The Throphies:
1st Place
Furrettrophy-silver.png

Nidokingtrophy-bronze.png

4th-11th place.
Best FanFic
Best TCs
Best Banners
I'll have all these trophies made eventually. Credit to these trophies goes to light manaphy and Artisan Cave's Shop of Smeargles. Thank you!:D

-Max Shade IV

RE: The Fan Creation Tournament!

You KNOW I'm going to join! As for my team, I'm going to work as a one-man-job :). I can do custom sprites, tcs, banner's, avatars quite easily, so I'm all set there :) :) :)

I might wanna do this.....If I cant pull a team together, I could judge. Just a bit of advice, I think custom trainer sprites are a bit too far.....as well as Avvys.....lets be practial here. Whos gonna make an avvy for a fanfic.....havent seen one yet. But it seems like a task.....lemme see whos interested in helpin me. I still got a fanfic to finish.

-Black Rayquaza

Im interested in judgeing. I have a fair judgement of people, not playing favorites, their grade only depending on their work.

Alright, I'm going to get my team!

Team:
bonsly1994
light manaphy
INFERNAPE
<< Palmer if he accepts>>

Almost done!

hmm this sounds fun, I havnt posted any fan fics but i am a dreamer so i can think of stuff pretty easily, ill definetly join, I NEED A TEAM!! i cant do this by myself, can i join anyones team or anyone want to join mine?

ok, how many people can be in a single team? im gonna pm some people and see if they want to join!

monkyking i am pretty sure DROPB will join our team! he loves fan fics. i hope he is not busy though (he is my cousin)

riolu_ranger, are you joining?

also, i've determined some qualifications for the judges:

I know I'm tuting my own horn, but I'm considered one of the best writers here, and I have quotes to back that up. My specialty is critiquing the Fics.

I want one judge who's an expert in custom spriting, another who is good at banners, and one person who is a fan who enjoy's looking at artwork and reading fics.

This way, we have an array of judges who together can come up with the team best suited to win.

Also, a new rule I will put into the main post:

You may start your own thread for your fic and artworks. However, post a hyperlink here of each Chapter/TC/Banner/Trainer/Avatar so that I can put it into the first post for all judges to examine.

Remember: for artwork, the more creative the better!

tournament brackets have been updated.

Ok thanks for the update Max Shade,
Ok heres my team
Moneyking63(me)
Riolu Ranger
Dragon rider of pokebeach
bubba235(if he accepts)
Bonsly your team is going to be hard to beat but to quote RR im always up for a challenge!!

hey, I want to show that even though everyone will have 5 or more, as long as you do better it doesn't matter! Good luck to all! (especially K&M!)

bonsly1994 said:
hey, I want to show that even though everyone will have 5 or more, as long as you do better it doesn't matter! Good luck to all! (especially K&M!)

Puh-ellll-eeze... lol. No, I have to write this story for school, so I have something to motivate me. As for the TC's n' stuff, already almost taken care of :).

I'm not just Ketchup and Mustard... I'm.... dum dum dum duh dummmm Super Ketchup and Mustard! Amazing fan-fic/spriter!

Mmkay.. enough with that. So... we can just start whenever? Awesome.

I'd like to join a team, I'm a Killer fan fic writer, so that's my position. I can't sprite...like at all. No pain programs or anything. So I need a good artist.

Serjent_Tankian said:
I'd like to join a team, I'm a Killer fan fic writer, so that's my position. I can't sprite...like at all. No pain programs or anything. So I need a good artist.

sent you a PM.

BTW- Looking for Banner Makers and writers.....anyone interested send me a PM.

SJ u wanna come to our team

EDIT: Aww man bonsly asked you first, well the decisions up to u!

Okay, this is getting hits faster than I can keep up!:p

If the LEADERS OF THE TEAMS (the person whose idea it was to join) could post their team along with team members who may join their team, it would be appreciated, thank you.

Back