Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

adam44 said:
So I have opened 2 boxes of Pokemon XY and I got 4 Ultra rares in each box but..
It was exactly the same ultra rares, so I am Very disappointed in that.
It was:
Emolga EX
Blastoise EX Full Art
M Venusaur EX
M Blastoise EX

Don't know about the holos, but I think I got around 7 in each box

Were the Holos the same also?

I had a batch of boxes awhile back where several boxes were almost identical.

SoulWind said:
adam44 said:
So I have opened 2 boxes of Pokemon XY and I got 4 Ultra rares in each box but..
It was:
Emolga EX
Blastoise EX Full Art
M Venusaur EX
M Blastoise EX

8 of them were the same and in the second box I got Yveltal and Xerneas rare, which I wanted but didn't get in the first box :D

SoulWind said:
adam44 said:
It was:
Emolga EX
Blastoise EX Full Art
M Venusaur EX
M Blastoise EX

I have heard boxes have rarity patterns. For example pattern A would have holos 1, 4, 7, 10, 13. Pattern B would have holos 2, 5, 8, 11, 14. And Pattern C would have holos 3, 6, 9, 12, 15.

Familiar said:
SoulWind said:

I have heard boxes have rarity patterns. For example pattern A would have holos 1, 4, 7, 10, 13. Pattern B would have holos 2, 5, 8, 11, 14. And Pattern C would have holos 3, 6, 9, 12, 15.

I have seen that to a sort with Japanese boxes.

I know its an older box but I just got a Black and White box and here are my pulls

Rares

Serperior(5/114) Holo
Serperior(6/114) Holo
Lilligant
Maractus
Sawsbuck x2
Darmanitan x2
Reshiram Holo
Samurott(31/114) Holo
Samurott(32/114) Holo
Swanna
Alomomola x2
Zebstrika
Zekrom
Musharna
Scolipede x2
Reuniclus Holo
Throh
Sawk
Krookodile Holo
Liepard x2
Scrafty x2
Zoroark Holo
Mandibuzz
Klinklang
Stoutland
Unfezant
Cinccino
Bouffalant
Reshiram FA
Zekrom FA

Reverses

Maractus
Osgawott(27 & 28)
Dewott (29 & 30)
Samurott
Swanna
Alomomola(38)
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Darumaka
Darmanitan
Solosis
Reuniclus
Timburr
Gurdurr
Sawk
Liepard
Patrat (77 &78)
Lillipup
Herdier
Tranquill
Minccino
Cinccino
Bouffalant
Energy Retrieval
Full Heal
PlusPower
Pokedex
Pokemon Communication
Potion
Professor Juniper
Super Scoop Up
Switch

Overall I think a pretty good box. Got a lot of the cards I needed for my collection so Im happy.

omahanime said:
catchum said:
Got a box. was very disappointed

3 EX- emolga, yveltal, and blastoise
0 FA EX

I think this will be my last box I buy. The cost vs. return is not even enough for me to justify getting sealed products anymore. Which is too bad because It probably would have only taken one full art to keep me happy

That is another reason why people have stopped collecting English and started collecting Japanese or Korean.

All these pull rates have been very random...Out of 7 packs of XY that I've had I have gotten 1 EX (Yveltal) and 5 holos (greninja, talonflame, trevenant, rhyperior, chesnaught). My friend who used to only collect Japanese cards got a box of English cards with 2 EX and 2 EX FA. (I forget which ones but that shouldn't matter). I honestly think that things are looking up for the English TCG.

^ You and your friend just got very lucky. I am pretty sure they are still pulling their random packs in each box, and no guarantees for ultra rares. It used to be that each box will 100% have at least 2 ultra rares (from Lv. X cards to Legends and to new Full Arts) till maybe Dragons Exalted they were like "hey lol it's more fun if you don't know what you'll get, *cough*buymoreboxes*hack*"

I have been buying 8 loose packs from Gamestop's opened booster boxes every 2 weeks and I have only gotten 1 FA, while the others, just rares and holos. Unless the TCG's sales start to decline, I seriously doubt they'll boost the pull rates. Sorry for bringing up pulls that aren't from a completely opened box but I thought I could use it to make my point.

Maybe someday we'll go from...

23-28 Rares
6-10 Holos
1-3 EX
0-2 FA

to

18-20 Rares
10-12 Holos
2-4 EX
2-3 FA
0-1 Secret Card

But I don't think this will happen anytime soon, if you were making lots of money watching people gamble, why stop just because they complain the rates are poor? You'll just tell them "Aww, try again."

I can't really remember what I got in my xy booster box, I wouldn't say it was great but not too bad, I thinking I got pretty much one of every common and uncommon apart from lillipup.

I got

Full art yveltal
Mega blastoise
Half art venusaur
About 3 holos

To be honest the rest of my rares were rubbish.

I only got 4 different energy cards fairy fire water lightning, but I did get the fairy one about 6 times.

Sorry for the bad list it was over a month ago

I know its not out yet and either is the full listing but with Flashfire having 106 cards in the set(not including secret rares and such) what do you guys think the pull rates will be?

Ryan Gleason said:
I know its not out yet and either is the full listing but with Flashfire having 106 cards in the set(not including secret rares and such) what do you guys think the pull rates will be?

With TPCi, who knows.

Yeah, unfortunately, I see no reason for them to change the randomness they've instituted since the Plasma sets.

One of the judges opened a box today at pre-release for Flashfire.
I didn't catch how many holos but his URs were as follows:

-Toxicroak ex FA
-Pokemon Fan Club FA
-Kangaskhan ex
-Magnezone ex
-Mega Charizard ex Y

ForeignDude said:
One of the judges opened a box today at pre-release for Flashfire.
I didn't catch how many holos but his URs were as follows:

-Toxicroak ex FA
-Pokemon Fan Club FA
-Kangaskhan ex
-Magnezone ex
-Mega Charizard ex Y

Dang, if that's the norm, that's a really stellar pull rate. Pumped!

I just opened up a box of Plasma Freeze, and had some sweet pulls! My ultra-rares were:

38 Thundurus EX
86 Latios EX
108 Rock Guard
109 Heatran EX [FA]
113 Latios EX [FA]

My 2 Flash Fire boxes:
Box 1
-SR Kanga
-FA Charizard
-FA Magnezone
-M Charizard Y
-Charizard EX combustion
-Kangaskhan EX

Box 2
-FA Toxicroak
-M Charizard X
-M Kanga
-Charizard EX stoke

Was really happy with my pulls overall, got plenty of good holos too. Rates are looking good for this set!

salmoncannon said:
My 2 Flash Fire boxes:
Box 1
-SR Kanga
-FA Charizard
-FA Magnezone
-M Charizard Y
-Charizard EX combustion
-Kangaskhan EX

Box 2
-FA Toxicroak
-M Charizard X
-M Kanga
-Charizard EX stoke

Was really happy with my pulls overall, got plenty of good holos too. Rates are looking good for this set!

Dang, your first box was outstanding. 4-6 looks like the normal for this box. Hoping I can get 5.

Back