The Clothes Thread

shaymin707 said:
I bet all of you prep guys/girls shopping at aero or abercrombie don't bother to look at clearance, eh? I NEVER buy anything that's not on sale. Ever lol why pay $20 for that shirt in the window when you can pay $10 for another cool shirt in the back haha I sometimes even have to shop at goodwill but yet people mistake me as a rich b***h because I shop smart and still am very fashionable ;D

Oh god no, my mother and I are always on the look out for good sales. The thing with Aeropostale, they ALWAYS have some kind of neat sale going on. A&F is ridiculously priced weather or not they have a sale going on :3

Seriously, you people are like 13 and buying your own clothes already. My mom buys me all my stuff, and I'm fine with that, because I'd rather spend my hard-earned cash on something I like *cough* Pokemon *cough cough*.

Nirvana shirts, plain black shirts, shirts I get from concerts, Skinny Jeans, ripped up jeans, hobo jeans, a beanie for my head, and black Vans -_-

When I walk around, people think I'm gonna rob a bank for some reason :/

I recently put on quite a bit of healthy weight and I don't fit most of my old clothes now.
(Size 2? Looking back I was quite...sickly tiny.)

A lot of my clothes that still fit are imported from Japan. Gothic Lolita/Punk style stuff.
Currently saving up for some new stuff. It's a rather expensive hobby sadly.

Kraai said:
I recently put on quite a bit of healthy weight and I don't fit most of my old clothes now.
(Size 2? Looking back I was quite...sickly tiny.)

A lot of my clothes that still fit are imported from Japan. Gothic Lolita/Punk style stuff.
Currently saving up for some new stuff. It's a rather expensive hobby sadly.

Wow, you spend money on clothes? Most of my clothes are free, hand me downs, and gifts.

PikachewTofu said:
Seriously, you people are like 13 and buying your own clothes already. My mom buys me all my stuff, and I'm fine with that, because I'd rather spend my hard-earned cash on something I like *cough* Pokemon *cough cough*.

I for one can't because we have money problems, and my parents can't afford to pay for it so I make my "hard-earned" cash and have to buy my own? kthanks

@Kraii- Yeah, unfortunetly all those damn sexy accesories are expensive :/ Especially the metal parts of the look, I have found.

shaymin707 said:
I for one can't because we have money problems, and my parents can't afford to pay for it so I make my "hard-earned" cash and have to buy my own? kthanks
^This!

One day my friend took me to a Hollister store, didn't buy anything, now I have better Financial success xD

If I let my mom but my clothes I would like like I was a really tall 10 year-old. And money is tight for us too, so I'm conservitive of what I buy. If I don't love it 100% I would never buy it.

I'm the oldest child of the family, and I absolutely reuse to wear my mothers uber-fancy business clothes.

Even though my amily doesn't face financial issues, I still but my own clothes usually.

When going out with friends I'm either wearing designer (Polo Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Quiksilver etc.) or topman t-shirts. The only other time I won't be wearing something like that is if I'm going to play football (soccer), then obviously I will be wearing a football jersey.

Clothes describe you as a person, well that's my opinion.

dragon9 said:
When going out with friends I'm either wearing designer (Polo Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Quiksilver etc.) or topman t-shirts. The only other time I won't be wearing something like that is if I'm going to play football (soccer), then obviously I will be wearing a football jersey.

Clothes describe you as a person, well that's my opinion.

:D Are you British?

I don't get how some of you kids 'buy' your clothes. When I was 13, my allowance was $0. Getting clothes was considered holy [Probably because most of them had holes in them]. xD

TheDarkLucario said:
I don't get how some of you kids 'buy' your clothes. When I was 13, my allowance was $0. Getting clothes was considered holy [Probably because most of them had holes in them]. xD

I collect pennies on the street.
Yes, I am serious.
The only money I get is...Christmas, Birthday, and Street.

shaymin707 said:
@Kraii- Yeah, unfortunetly all those damn sexy accesories are expensive :/ Especially the metal parts of the look, I have found.
Yeah, I shelled out about $60 for a shawl with chains and stuff.
Thing's lasted me 2 years though, and it's hella warm.

I'd prefer to buy something cool looking that'll last me then get something cheap and have it fall apart on me.

Edit: I also don't care about "Designer" or "Brands". Most people I meet who care about them are snobbish and think it makes them better than someone who gets their stuff from thrift or what not.

TheDarkLucario said:
:D Are you British?

I earn money off of art, just writing a tutorial, my client gives me an instant 150$ haha

brands are a funny thing for me. i would NEVER wear a brand shirt for something like american eagle or element or anything really "popular" like that... they all look almost identical and almost never look good. i manage to find semi-expensive, good looking clothes (i.e. gun peace shirt in my last post) from brands that NOBODY has heard of. i hate seeing clothes i wear/have on other people, but not to the point where i want to dress like crap. i also have a few band/dj shirts from the UK, and those are awesome (especially when someone points it out... which they almost never do haha)

esperante said:
brands are a funny thing for me. i would NEVER wear a brand shirt for something like american eagle or element or anything really "popular" like that... they all look almost identical and almost never look good. i manage to find semi-expensive, good looking clothes (i.e. gun peace shirt in my last post) from brands that NOBODY has heard of. i hate seeing clothes i wear/have on other people, but not to the point where i want to dress like crap. i also have a few band/dj shirts from the UK, and those are awesome (especially when someone points it out... which they almost never do haha)

+1 Thank you sir, you know the true meaning of "style" All those brands are identical, which I find strange because being unique is worth more than being all the same

esperante said:

See, I'm a bit half and half here. I HATE places like Abercrombie and Fitch and yet I shop at places like Aeropostale. I'm slowly drawing myself away from Hollister, and pulling myself toward places such as Hot Topic. They're shirts all ways win me over xD Who knows. I'm in the stage of high school where I'm still... finding myself, in a sense.

Okay I made my joke post and nobody really commented so I'll post seriously this time.

I really don't like brand t-shirts. Most of the time I want just a plain shirt that's one solid color, or sometimes a mix of colors is fine. This is why I hate brand name shirts because it's like you're advertising that product while wearing their shirt. I do not like that at all. I'll wear graphic tees or whatever they're called just because they're funny and make me smile.

Back