Finished The Challenge: Season 4 - Keeper of Night takes it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Challenge: Season 4

I may be changing my username, if a certain WW game host approves.

Lemonnade said:

PMJ and Twisted have approved of name changes, and cornbread never made a rule against them. Your free to so, as long as you PM the hosts.

WanderingWolf said:
Lemonnade said:

PMJ and Twisted have approved of name changes, and cornbread never made a rule against them. Your free to so, as long as you PM the hosts.

Confirming that I have received permission to do so from cornbread, so my username will be (soon) changed to rev3rsor.

So here's the scoop.

I can make this game work for 18 players if I need to. I'd still prefer for 20 to show up though.

So tell your friends. We've only got two spots left!

Everyone go spam Drohns page! He's busy with Japan but if we can wait a little longer for him to settle I'm sure he'll join!!

Also, if any of you sent Unsheathed / PG24 / TDL a request o be a host and have any ideas for challenges, send me your list if you want. I can't guarantee that I'll use any of them, but having the options around should keep things interesting.

I have my challenge that I posted in the 'Search for a host' thread, as well as sort of a challenge that will absolutely fail with inactivity.

Could always do what PG24 did and make a 'Make a challenge' challenge.

LuckyFire is our 20th contestant!

I will make the teams, post them in a bit, and then I will start the first challenge!

The First Challenge
Getting in the Swing of Things

The Task

As you have just been put into your teams, this first challenge will test your ability to work as a team. You will create a team banner and a team name. Sounds easy, right?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell...

There's a few stipulations.

Your mascot must be a Pokemon. Said Pokemon must contain the word swing in its PokeDex entry. You must post the PokeDex entry with your submission as verification. Your team name must have some connection to your mascot. But the team name cannot be the Pokemon's name. Teams may not share a mascot.

Your banner must also contain the colors: Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Black, Brown, Purple, Grey, White and Pink. Each color must be visible on your banner at a distance (meaning I shouldn't have to open up your banner in Paint to see that it contains each color). Even if your Pokemon contains one of those colors, you still must include that color on your banner.

Your banner must contain the full username of everyone on your team. Your team name must also be present on your banner. That banner must also have a sprite of the Pokemon that is your mascot.

And your banner must be 300 pixels long and 150 pixels tall. If you need an idea of what size that is, I have provided an example.

GfMRN3N.png

This image is a 300x150 size picture.

Here's how scoring goes down.

4 points for speed. You will receive 4 points if you are the first to submit, 3 points for second, etc.
4 points for meeting criteria, one for each of the four.
4 points for artistic flair. How pretty is your banner (2 points). How creative is your team name (2 points).
8 points for teamwork visible in the thread. Consistent discussion about completing the challenge will result in a higher score.

for a total of 20 points.

The deadline for Challenge 1 is: Wednesday, January 8 at 11:59pm MST!. Late submissions will be given a zero.

You are to have one person post your banner. The time stamp of the post will be your submission time. Please mark your post with the words Final Entry in bold and in red at the top of your post that contains your entry. Once you have submitted a final entry, you may not edit that post for any reason.

The team with the lowest scoring entry will have to eliminate a teammate. In the event of a tie, all losing teams will eliminate someone.

Good Luck Everyone!

If you have any questions, please ask. Challenge 1 starts now.

RE: The Challenge: Season 4 - Challenge 1 has begun! Teams are in the OP!

So the literal word "swing" has to be in our mascot's Pokedex entry?

Also, I'm going to add 8 points to the scoring rubric for how much teamwork your team shows in thread. Consistent discussion with your team in thread will get you more points.

Alrighty then... Is anyone on my team good with art?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back