The Bracelet and Super Moves- What are They?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
One of the biggest mysteries of this gen is a bracelet we can see the protagonists wearing that contains some type of gem. In the most recent Japanese trailer, we see more of this bracelet and it seems to have some kind of connection to a super move of some sorts.

What is this bracelet and how are these gameplay elements related to it?

Looking at the bracelet, it seems like there's multiple spots for gems and some circular object (Key Stone for Mega Evolution?), though it might just be a pattern, it could also be a way of holding on to other gems. Perhaps this super move (and/or Synchro Evolution) is more powerful depending on the amount of gems the player has found?

udklip_by_steffenka-dac5o04.png

udklip_by_steffenka-dac5ogv.png

Well, we do know about what the Super Moves are now, they're called Z-Moves and they're activated by collecting Z-Crystals. There's a Z-Move for each type, and so far they've confirmed 4: Gigavolt Havoc (Electric), Bloom Doom (Grass), Inferno Overdrive (Fire), and Hydro Vortex (Water).

Anyway, we've solved that part of the mystery, but I'm not convinced that's the end of it. Like @steffenka pointed out, there seems to be room for a Key Stone in the bracelet, so I'm wondering if the bracelet is going to be used to activate Mega Evolution as well. They've been suspiciously silent about Megas and I can't see them outright dropping the concept, so the bracelet might have something to do with it.

I just saw the picture from another angle, and definitely there's room for a Mega Stone on it:

mevo_zps42wlqh4b.png

And well, that makes me really happy. I wonder if Alolan Form Pokémon will get Mega Evos. And if they do, shouldn't the regular forms have them too?

Back