The Best Attack For One Or Less Energy

bla7kcat

Aspiring Trainer
its simple, let me lead by example

in my opinion, the best "0 energy" attack is Banette's Ghost Head. it requires 0 energies and can place 80 damage counters on the defending pokemon, without any difficult requirements.

23.jpg

for 1 energy attacks its gotta be Take Out.. i mean its a 1 hit KO!

displayimage.php

i dont know if theres any pokepowers that can hit hard, i think i remember one that did a damage counter for each card somewhere, but it slips my mind.. but i guess if it actually is a damaging move, it should be considered in the 1 energy or less category.. whats your guys?

RE: in your opinion, the best 1 energy or less attack

OHKO on a Basic... which in this format is just about everything. However, if we're talking about an Unlimited format, that won't necessarily be true. I think my favorite would be Yanmega Prime. For absolutely no investment, it can hit for 70 or snipe for 40, which back then was pretty good. Plus the artwork is rather nice.

Hitmonchan. Base set. One fighting energy. 20 damage. Killer at that time.

The best 0 Energy attack is either Eeeeeeek (Cleffa HGSS) or Restore (Garchomp LV.X).
The best 1 Energy attack is...hahahahaha yeah probably Take Out, or possibly either Mass Attack (Jumpluff HGSS) or Attack Command (Empoleon DEX). (Those 2 attacks do the same thing.)

edit: agh why didn't I think of Tail Revenge

Gyarados SF Tail Revenge for Honorable Mention 0 Energy attack.

Yeah, you have to discard three Magikarps to effectively use it, but when cards like Junk Arm and Felicity's Drawing were in format (along with Collector), that wasn't that bad.

dmaster out.

luxray next destinies 60 damage for 1 electric and 20 to one of your pokemon

Don't know about the best, but a few that stick out,

-Garchomp (exalted): does 60 AND discards a special energy attached to the defending pokemon.
-Chandelure (ND): does 30 to the active and 30 to two benched for a total of 90.
-Empoleon (explorers): Not uncommon to be hitting for 80, 90, or 100 a turn. Can go up to 120.

How quickly Sableye is over looked...

Impersonate: No energy, use ANY supporter as it's attack. If it were in this format you could do something like use Juniper, and smack them in the face with an N to follow up.

It could also donk a Tynamo with Overconfident.

Spiritomb AR is reallly good for evolving plus it keeps a trainer lock.
images
Take out is probably the best 1 energy attack.
displayimage.php

it requires 0 energies and can place 80 damage counters on the defending pokemon

You mean 8 damage counters. lol. 80 damage counters is rofl

TBH I like Banette's 2nd attack more. I ran a whole deck on that thing. It was legit.

I definitely think Gyarados has the best 0 energy attack though. 0 for a possible 90, but then if you used Ditto in the mirror match, it was also 0 for a possible 120.

The best 1 Energy attack is a toss-up between Sableye and Machamp. The donking capability of Sableye was ridiculous (or, redonkulous, if you will.) Machamp could donk too, but I liked it against the SP matchup, although Mass Attack from Jumpluff and Shadow Room from Gengar are close 2nd and 3rd.

Back