ORAS The Battle Frontier in OR / AS

Bolt the Cat said:
I mean that the game is basically RS with new Megas and a few XY features thrown in, for the most part it just looks like they recreated the originals faithfully, not even bothering to fix any of its problems, and tossing in a handful of Megas and things we already got in XY to pass itself off as "new". The map hints towards little to no new areas, a couple of screenshots from the website almost confirm no new Pokemon outside of cross gen evos (Lopunny, Slowbro, and Audino are probably just going to be post game), little to no Emerald features, and there's nothing they've shown of this game that is truly fresh or exciting. It seems like every new reveal for this game makes this game look more and more like a rehash of RS.

I guess I see what you mean to an extent, they did add Sevii Islands to FRLG and the pokeathalon and following pokemon to HGSS. So as of right now, mega evolution, contests and secret bases are just old features, you are very right. But, I guess to me personally, contests and secret bases have been updated so well they seem new enough to me (plus I'm loving some of these new Mega's, like Slowbro and Lopunny). It has already improved X/Y's post game exponentially, and I'm just so excited for contests and secret bases that I know it will take up hours of my time.

I also think the map hints to a lot of new areas. We have lots of clouded over areas in the lower half, which could be the battle frontier and even a new area; Mauville city looks completely revised; The S.S Cactus sunken ship looks much larger; plus we have that weird black distortion that looks like it could be related to mega evolution or primal kyogre and groundon. The fact that they have primal forms means the plot will shift in some way, and even if there is "nothing new" on the map(whic is already false), a new area could be a completely different map, like Sevii Islands. I think it's just too early to say what this game contains, because we haven't played it yet.

I also don't see how a handful of screenshots "confirm" no new pokemon. The screen shots showcasing a few pokemon are in no way evidence, especially because none of them are of the pokedex . I mean, they're even giving us Mega's of pokemon that weren't originally in the Hoenn Dex, and that is stronger evidence that it will include new pokemon to Hoenn's regional dex then the screen shots against it. You're saying that they're "probably" going to be post game, and you could be right, but there is no strong evidence supporting that either way.

I don't know what problems you mean, perhaps you're talking about all the water we have to surf in this game? We have no idea what they have or haven't done to "fix" that problem yet. Maybe they'll add more encounters with more water types.

Seven is a Color said:
I never knew that the Abandoned Ship had a name. :O

( I didn't either, I googled it so I could appear to sound intelligent. But don't tell anyone that I told you...)

Aerodactyl said:
I also think the map hints to a lot of new areas. We have lots of clouded over areas in the lower half, which could be the battle frontier and even a new area;

Not really, most of the clouds are either decorative or covering existing post game areas. The only cloud that isn't is the one near Rt. 109, and that looks a little thin to be covering up something significant. The potential for something Battle Zone size is definitely out the window though, there's not enough cloud cover for that (pretty much the entire southeastern corner of the map would need to covered if that were true).

Aerodactyl said:
and even if there is "nothing new" on the map(whic is already false), a new area could be a completely different map, like Sevii Islands. I think it's just too early to say what this game contains, because we haven't played it yet.

Hoenn doesn't need a Sevii Island size mini region, and if they were doing something Battle Zone size, they'd put it on the map. Hell, the original map had an unused archipelago of islands that would've been perfect for this, and we can already see that two of the unused islands are still unused. What does that say about the possibility of new areas?

Aerodactyl said:
I also don't see how a handful of screenshots "confirm" no new pokemon. The screen shots showcasing a few pokemon are in no way evidence, especially because none of them are of the pokedex . I mean, they're even giving us Mega's of pokemon that weren't originally in the Hoenn Dex, and that is stronger evidence that it will include new pokemon to Hoenn's regional dex then the screen shots against it. You're saying that they're "probably" going to be post game, and you could be right, but there is no strong evidence supporting that either way.

They're not just any screenshots though, they confirm actual dex numbers.

aug_p04_06_en_sxx.jpg

aug_p04_05_en_xuv.jpg

aug_p04_07_en_kms.jpg

Not just that, but if you add the cross gen evos to the original Hoenn Dex, the numbers match up perfectly. If that's not strong enough evidence for you, IDK what is.

Bolt the Cat said:
Not really, mostof the clouds are either decorative or covering existing post game areas. The only cloud that isn't is the one near Rt. 109, and that looks a little thin to be covering up something significant. The potential for something Battle Zone size is definitely out the window though, there's not enough cloud cover for that (pretty much the entire southeastern corner of the map would need to covered if that were true).

Yes, there is a lot of decorative stuff, and it could all just be cloud. I could be so, so wrong. But I could also be right. It's kind of an argument of perception because there is, already, admittedly new stuff. Not a lot, but it's there. I think we can all say, the purple black thing is new. I look at it and say "That's enough stuff for me to qualify it as new content, and I believe that more new stuff is still possible", and obviously you don't. And that's totally fine, because we can both be right at the same time. I'm right that it's something new to the hoenn map, but you're also right in that most of the game can be considered just re-hashing. It's all about what matters to you as a player. I think super secret bases and improved contests count as partially new content, and you don't. Doesn't mean I'm wrong, and you're not wrong either.

I've attached an image here just comparing the new map to the old map of Hoenn. Compare the size of some of routes, even the cities. You could fit entire routes and cities under some of those cloud covers. The battle frontier is smaller then dewford island, and that easily fits in that cloud cover with room to spare. Also, the colour of water around these cloud covers matches the colour of a lot of the traversible water, instead of being that deep blue of open ocean water you can't travel on. Doesn't prove anything, but it could be considered evidence. Again, I look at this and think "Wow, that could be surfing water under those clouds, it matches" and you look and see "Wow, people are reading way to much into this, that's obviously decorative cloud". It's all perception.
hbyYKc.png
Bolt the Cat said:
Hoenn doesn't need a Sevii Island size mini region, and if they were doing something Battle Zone size, they'd put it on the map. Hell, the original map had an unused archipelago of islands that would've been perfect for this, and we can already see that two of the unused islands are still unused. What does that say about the possibility of new areas?

It says that everything you are saying in this quote is opinion, not fact. Just because you think that they would put a Battle Zone size area on the map, or that Hoenn doesn't need an island size mini region, it doesn't make it true. If they have a new area, it makes sense not to put it on the map to hide it, like the sevii islands. If it's not there, it obviously isn't going to be on the map.

Bolt the Cat said:
They're not just any screenshots though, they confirm actual dex numbers.

Not just that, but if you add the cross gen evos to the original Hoenn Dex, the numbers match up perfectly. If that's not strong enough evidence for you, IDK what is.

There, you are right, and I am wrong. Thanks for pointing that out! I did not realize dex numbers were on that, I thought we only had pictures of pokemon battles and buildings and a few character interactions. Good catch! At least some pokemon won't be in the dex though, afterall, Phoebe has a Dusknoir, and that wasn't in the original dex. But that does make putting in lopunny tricky. So you are probably right there.

Like I've been saying, I'm not trying to say I'm more right, or even that you're wrong, only that we both have valid points and valid arguments. At the end of the day, we'll all be a little right and a little wrong about something. I want to be able to admit when I'm wrong, to consider other's ideas and thoughts and recognize them as valid, all while discussing my thoughts too. And I still think it's too soon to say there's nothing new, and that there already is a lot of new stuff. I'm not going to debate this anymore cause I feel it's already going off topic and I feel I've said all there is to say. Thanks for sharing and helping me see the things I missed and the ways my ideas fall short!

And I still hope they bring back the battle hall :)

the secret bases might be upgraded with new features and whatnot, but even there I was hoping they'd throw the old secret base concept out the window and invent this feature from scratch!
What I mean is, they are placed in the exact same places, look pretty much the same inside in terms of size and form, there is all the same stuff to put in them...and it makes it look way too identical. I understand that this makes perfect sense as these are remakes, but for me personally it kind of kills the nostalgia instead of bringing it to life, because heck, I've seen the exact same feature already, and its far from what secret bases (super!) would look like if they just came up with this idea on a 3DS game for the first time.

So that's one of the ways I perceive the "minimalist" plain boring remakes approach, with just the necessary upgrades added to bring it up-to-date.

They're simply adding only as much as they need to for it to fit in gen 6, changing as close as possible to nothing at all, while pretending emerald never existed.
As I said, at this point, the only way it all makes sense to me as part of plan is if they have more Hoenn in a follow-up game in store (which IS absurd with this being remakes).

I'm even worried about any move tutors making it in by now.

I never played emerald so I don't know what's in it, I only know what I've read about it. Move tutors would be awesome, I do hope they come back too!

I think they're also in a bit of a tight spot, because so many people don't want anything to change about the gsmes. I dont know how many timed I've read "I want it to be the same as the old RS just updated with online capabilities and better graphics". No matter how they sliced this game, people were gonna be unhappy. I really hope for everyone's sake that they're not done revealing everything yet. We still have about three months until the games come out and I hope that their is just enough of something for everyone so they think its worth buying or playing, because I love everything they've done and I'm super excited! I just want everyone to have s good gaming experience. At least if it really dissspoints you, its so close to X/Y with such minimalist changes you won't be forced to buy it and you won't have to play it. They'll probably patch X/Y for all the new megas and stuff.

I also don't know what to say about emerald. I hope they don't make Delta Emerald... They should have a lot of the features of that game in these remakes, I don't want to be forced to buy Emerald as well, cause that is where I draw the line at my optimism and then it's just super rehashing. These games will probably make them a killing though, and if they made an even better version of emerald, we'd complain but wed probably all still buy it.

Mitja said:
As I said, at this point, the only way it all makes sense to me as part of plan is if they have more Hoenn in a follow-up game in store (which IS absurd with this being remakes).

Now that I think about it, this may not be the unlikeliest thing in the world if they have time to kill waiting for the new handheld (as I don't think Nintendo would be too happy with Game Freak if they did another filler generation like 5th gen), but they would need enough time to warrant making a 4th set of games. And I'm not sure if they would do that.

Mitja said:

Considering that Move Tutors have existed in some form in every game since 2nd gen barring initial releases, you're probably worried for nothing. Even if they don't put them in the Battle Frontier, they'll just stick them in a house somewhere where you can trade Shards for them (heck, maybe since we already have a Shard Hunter in the originals, they'd change it to give out Move Tutor moves instead of evolutionary stones). They're pretty much staples at this point.

Aerodactyl said:
I've attached an image here just comparing the new map to the old map of Hoenn. Compare the size of some of routes, even the cities. You could fit entire routes and cities under some of those cloud covers. The battle frontier is smaller then dewford island, and that easily fits in that cloud cover with room to spare. Also, the colour of water around these cloud covers matches the colour of a lot of the traversible water, instead of being that deep blue of open ocean water you can't travel on. Doesn't prove anything, but it could be considered evidence. Again, I look at this and think "Wow, that could be surfing water under those clouds, it matches" and you look and see "Wow, people are reading way to much into this, that's obviously decorative cloud". It's all perception.

Not really. A decent sized post game area, going by what past games have done, is at least 5 routes, 3 cities, and a couple of other areas. There clearly is not enough room for that, if they were doing something of that scale, nearly the entirety of the southeast corner of the map would be covered instead of simply a handful of areas.

Also, there's plenty of reasons for them not to be hiding new areas. For one, they're cutting it close to the edge of the map and they typically don't put areas that close. Two, I would like to remind you of what happened with XY's map:

Clouds:

800px-Kalos_Artwork.jpg

No Clouds:

800px-Kalos_alt.png

There was quite a bit of cloud cover on this map and it was shaping up to have some post game areas to the south. And then the came comes out and guess what? All we get is a city. ORAS is in a very similar situation, basically all the originals had in their post game was one main area and very little else. The similarities are very ominous, and I can't help but feel that bottom cloud is also a misdirect as well. Likewise, the area southeast of the Battle Frontier is also covered by a corner cloud, so there's a very good possibility that that's nothing as well.

Aerodactyl said:
It says that everything you are saying in this quote is opinion, not fact. Just because you think that they would put a Battle Zone size area on the map, or that Hoenn doesn't need an island size mini region, it doesn't make it true. If they have a new area, it makes sense not to put it on the map to hide it, like the sevii islands. If it's not there, it obviously isn't going to be on the map.

That wouldn't make as much sense though. There's plenty of places ripe for new areas on Hoenn's map, if they were going for Battle Zone size, they would just use those areas instead of going through the trouble to add an off the map mini region. But they didn't, because many of those areas are still unused. That is a very clear sign of minimal post game areas, that they are practically handed good spots for post game areas and they refuse to add them shows that they have basically no interest in expanding Hoenn.

It's very possible that you could be right and there could be new stuff, but all of the evidence is pointing against it. You would be wise to expect nothing out of this.

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:

Considering that Move Tutors have existed in some form in every game since 2nd gen barring initial releases, you're probably worried for nothing. Even if they don't put them in the Battle Frontier, they'll just stick them in a house somewhere where you can trade Shards for them (heck, maybe since we already have a Shard Hunter in the originals, they'd change it to give out Move Tutor moves instead of evolutionary stones). They're pretty much staples at this point.

They'll likely keep the places where you find the dozen shards (scattered throughout the ocean routes in places accessed via diving and in underwater rocks), so that would mean shards would have to regenerate in some way (which would be a cool feature, going to hunt for shards once a day), but the cost of the tutors would have to be quite low.. Nah, I'm confident the tutors would be at least at the battle tower and taking BPs. Except for the ones that were scattered across Hoenn in emerald (but one time use doesn't sound right anymore lol), though some of them are TMs by now anyway.

Bolt the Cat said:
Aerodactyl said:
I agree that they might give us only the battle tower and no frontier (although arguments are easily made on both sides so I'm still leaning more towards getting battle frontier), but I'm not sure what you mean by minimalist. This game is introducing more megas, refurbished contests, improved secret bases with online capabilities.... They've updated the map, the gym leaders and the entire region. It also looks like they might be expanding the Dex to include gen 4, 5 and possibly even gen 6 Pokemon. We have updates to team aqua and magma that include mega evolutions for Archie and Maxie and horde trainer battles (not to mention horde battles returning).

We also don't have the games yet so we still don't know what's been added.

I mean that the game is basically RS with new Megas and a few XY features thrown in, for the most part it just looks like they recreated the originals faithfully, not even bothering to fix any of its problems, and tossing in a handful of Megas and things we already got in XY to pass itself off as "new". The map hints towards little to no new areas, a couple of screenshots from the website almost confirm no new Pokemon outside of cross gen evos (Lopunny, Slowbro, and Audino are probably just going to be post game), little to no Emerald features, and there's nothing they've shown of this game that is truly fresh or exciting. It seems like every new reveal for this game makes this game look more and more like a rehash of RS.

might as well call all pokemons games out on it then since they all add new pokemon and try to pass it off as new, these aren't new pokemon but they're close in a way to being new pokemon. And honestly the megas and all i've seen have kept me excited for the games

Mitja said:
Nah, I'm confident the tutors would be at least at the battle tower and taking BPs. Except for the ones that were scattered across Hoenn in emerald (but one time use doesn't sound right anymore lol), though some of them are TMs by now anyway.

The Battle Tower by itself is probably not going to be enough anymore for all of the Move Tutor moves they distribute nowadays, they'll probably have at least 2 or 3 Move Tutor locations. All of the one time tutors are probably going to be gone, though.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
might as well call all pokemons games out on it then since they all add new pokemon and try to pass it off as new, this aren't new pokemon but they're close in a way to being new pokemon. And honestly the megas and all i've seen have kept me excited for the games

First of all, mid gen games have not added new Pokemon (although recent ones have added new forms). But all of them do add some kind of new gameplay mechanic, new area, or new feature. Even with HGSS they could advertise some new features like Pokemon following you, Berry Pots, Pokeathlon, the Safari Zone, etc. You know, things that you couldn't just get in any other game. With ORAS, they're simply advertising new Mega Evolutions and things that you could already do in the originals or XY, and those aren't very compelling reasons to buy the game. The new Mega Evolutions I could skip this game and get in future games, and for everything else I can simply play the originals or XY and get the same experience. As it stands right now, they're not advertising anything in this game that makes it unique and stand out, they're just slapping a bunch of existing features together and calling it a game.

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:
Nah, I'm confident the tutors would be at least at the battle tower and taking BPs. Except for the ones that were scattered across Hoenn in emerald (but one time use doesn't sound right anymore lol), though some of them are TMs by now anyway.

The Battle Tower by itself is probably not going to be enough anymore for all of the Move Tutor moves they distribute nowadays, they'll probably have at least 2 or 3 Move Tutor locations. All of the one time tutors are probably going to be gone, though.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
might as well call all pokemons games out on it then since they all add new pokemon and try to pass it off as new, this aren't new pokemon but they're close in a way to being new pokemon. And honestly the megas and all i've seen have kept me excited for the games

First of all, mid gen games have not added new Pokemon (although recent ones have added new forms). But all of them do add some kind of new gameplay mechanic, new area, or new feature. Even with HGSS they could advertise some new features like Pokemon following you, Berry Pots, Pokeathlon, the Safari Zone, etc. You know, things that you couldn't just get in any other game. With ORAS, they're simply advertising new Mega Evolutions and things that you could already do in the originals or XY, and those aren't very compelling reasons to buy the game. The new Mega Evolutions I could skip this game and get in future games, and for everything else I can simply play the originals or XY and get the same experience. As it stands right now, they're not advertising anything in this game that makes it unique and stand out, they're just slapping a bunch of existing features together and calling it a game.

Oh and berry pots pokeathalon, and pokemon following you ( features that will never been seen again) and a safari zone made me want to buy heart gold. No it didn't If i wanted berries i could have played platinum, if i wanted some useless sidequest for my pokemon to play in I'd play platinum if i wanted a safari zone any game before fifth gen and 2nd gen had a safari zone (Friend safari counts) any new features of hg/ss is the equivalent of or/as just adding in 6th gen features, heart gold just added everything from platnuim abliet in an edited fashion, they even copied and pasted platinums battle frontier

wanna know why people bought heart gold? They bought it for the nostalgia, and because they loved johto and kanto not because the games felt fresh compared to past pokemon games only new feature was pokemon following you and yellow did it first so its not like they did something innovated.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
Oh and berry pots pokeathalon, and pokemon following you ( features that will never been seen again) and a safari zone made me want to buy heart gold.

If you'll never see them again, that's an even better reason to buy the games, but we usually have no way of knowing that. The fact that they're new is what's important here, people will be more inclined to buy a game that does something other games do not.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
if i wanted some useless sidequest for my pokemon to play in I'd play platinum

But Platinum didn't have those particular useless sidequests.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
if i wanted a safari zone any game before fifth gen and 2nd gen had a safari zone (Friend safari counts)

Friend Safari does not count because it plays out entirely differently, and the fact that Johto never had a Safari Zone in the first place is what makes it so exciting. That and, the ability to place objects (although I will admit that the wait times were ridiculous, but it was a neat feature regardless).

Fairy Type Arceus said:
any new features of hg/ss is the equivalent of or/as just adding in 6th gen features, heart gold just added everything from platnuim abliet in an edited fashion, they even copied and pasted platinums battle frontier

Pokeathlon wasn't added from Platinum. Neither was Pokemon following you.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
wanna know why people bought heart gold? They bought it for the nostalgia, and because they loved johto and kanto not because the games felt fresh compared to past pokemon games only new feature was pokemon following you and yellow did it first so its not like they did something innovated.

Nostalgia is less of a reason to buy new games than it used to be, we've had Kanto 4 times now, most of the older players have already seen their favorite games remade, and all of the not-remakes are at a point where they bring something significantly new or different to the games.

Bolt the Cat said:
Fairy Type Arceus said:
Oh and berry pots pokeathalon, and pokemon following you ( features that will never been seen again) and a safari zone made me want to buy heart gold.

If you'll never see them again, that's an even better reason to buy the games, but we usually have no way of knowing that. The fact that they're new is what's important here, people will be more inclined to buy a game that does something other games do not.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
if i wanted some useless sidequest for my pokemon to play in I'd play platinum

But Platinum didn't have those particular useless sidequests.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
if i wanted a safari zone any game before fifth gen and 2nd gen had a safari zone (Friend safari counts)

Friend Safari does not count because it plays out entirely differently, and the fact that Johto never had a Safari Zone in the first place is what makes it so exciting. That and, the ability to place objects (although I will admit that the wait times were ridiculous, but it was a neat feature regardless).

Fairy Type Arceus said:
any new features of hg/ss is the equivalent of or/as just adding in 6th gen features, heart gold just added everything from platnuim abliet in an edited fashion, they even copied and pasted platinums battle frontier

Pokeathlon wasn't added from Platinum. Neither was Pokemon following you.

Fairy Type Arceus said:

Nostalgia is less of a reason to buy new games than it used to be, we've had Kanto 4 times now, most of the older players have already seen their favorite games remade, and all of the not-remakes are at a point where they bring something significantly new or different to the games.

By useless side-quest in platinum I meant the contests sorry for not being specific on that my bad. I admit the poke athalon was fun But the only use i found for it was free rare candies and the metal coat, and contests are fun but they have no use but to evolve feebas. And platnuim did have pokemon following you remember amity square? pokeathalon is johtos contests. ( btw unrelated if pokemon following you ever does return i can't see it going outside of the starter pokemon) And if you'll never see them again thing, well Its bound we'll never see contests (hoenn contests) ever again or secret bases (hoenn secret bases theres a difference in hoenn and sinnohs contests and secret base) again until the sinnoh remakes its a good reason to buy these games. It has been 5 years since we had contests and secret bases and they were watered down versions of the hoenn ones put in sinnoh, its been 9 years since we had the real contests and real secret bases (the underground bases don't do it for me anyway not sure about you) So even better reason to buy omega ruby and alpha sapphire, they'll have more combos and better visuals making contests so much better. And you're telling me you don't want your own stunfisk rug? (sarcasm )

Honestly pokemon has never been about its side features though its always been the main game to me.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
By useless side-quest in platinum I meant the contests sorry for not being specific on that my bad. I admit the poke athalon was fun But the only use i found for it was free rare candies and the metal coat, and contests are fun but they have no use but to evolve feebas.

Whether or not it was fun is beside the point. The point is, they were there as an option. What can I do in ORAS if I don't feel like just redoing the same things I could in other games? That's a question that still needs to be answered, and it's important that they answer it pre-release to give people a reason to buy the game.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
And platnuim did have pokemon following you remember amity square? pokeathalon is johtos contests. ( btw unrelated if pokemon following you ever does return i can't see it going outside of the starter pokemon)

It was very limited in DPPt, though.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
And if you'll never see them again thing, well Its bound we'll never see contests (hoenn contests) ever again or secret bases (hoenn secret bases theres a difference in hoenn and sinnohs contests and secret base) again until the sinnoh remakes its a good reason to buy these games. It has been 5 years since we had contests and secret bases and they were watered down versions of the hoenn ones put in sinnoh, its been 9 years since we had the real contests and real secret bases (the underground bases don't do it for me anyway not sure about you)

Contests functioned slightly differently in Sinnoh, I'll give you that, but Secret Bases? Not really, you could do pretty much the same stuff you could do in Sinnoh's Secret Bases that you could in Hoenn. The only differences being that you couldn't put Secret Bases in the overworld and you couldn't battle people in them.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
So even better reason to buy omega ruby and alpha sapphire, they'll have more combos and better visuals making contests so much better.

I could already use combos in 3rd gen's Contests. Adding new moves doesn't really make it more interesting.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
Honestly pokemon has never been about its side features though its always been the main game to me.

And even there, they insist on keeping the game 95% similar to what it was in the originals when there's no reason to. They had a perfect opportunity to expand the Hoenn Dex and they only added in cross gen evos, and there's very little going on in the Hoenn region map that's genuinely new, in fact many areas are pretty much the same as the originals, right down to the exact same shape rock formations and dive spots.

Some of us are really excited for these new games and the new features. To us, its gonna totally be worth buying. If they bring back the battle frontier like I think they will, and maybe even customization, I'll have everything I wanted from these games personally and I think it will be the best Pokemon game I've played so far. I've been waiting 9 years to be a coordinator again, like Arceus said, and now its finally happening!

I'm sorry the games are a waste to you, and a dissspointment. Nostalgia isn't a good enough reason for you and it doesn't have to be, but for so many fans it is. So many fans have been asking for hoenn remakes for years, even more so after HGSS. Lots of people want this game and lots of people will like it. A lot of people obviously aren't liking it, which in a lot of ways reminds me of the original Ruby and Sapphire... People seemed to either hate it or love it. I personally was not a huge fan if the original gen 3. I thought it had a lot of flaws, but this remake will easily make it one of my favourites.

Aerodactyl said:
Some of us are really excited for these new games and the new features. To us, its gonna totally be worth buying. If they bring back the battle frontier like I think they will, and maybe even customization, I'll have everything I wanted from these games personally and I think it will be the best Pokemon game I've played so far. I've been waiting 9 years to be a coordinator again, like Arceus said, and now its finally happening!

I'm sorry the games are a waste to you, and a dissspointment. Nostalgia isn't a good enough reason for you and it doesn't have to be, but for so many fans it is. So many fans have been asking for hoenn remakes for years, even more so after HGSS. Lots of people want this game and lots of people will like it. A lot of people obviously aren't liking it, which in a lot of ways reminds me of the original Ruby and Sapphire... People seemed to either hate it or love it. I personally was not a huge fan if the original gen 3. I thought it had a lot of flaws, but this remake will easily make it one of my favourites.

The games are even emulating its love hate relationship with the fandom that the originals had xD I agree with you. @bold but under ground secret bases felt more limited all the spots where the same no matter where you picked, I think the item limit was removed though.

And I suppose you can do combos in the original but do you get stunning visuals like this in the originals?

75.jpg
subjective I know but still the beauty of altaria in the sky is just wow this is how contests wanted to look but couldn't.

I know, the graphics are just so gorgeous! Now imagine battle frontier like that??? Gosh!!! I'm still hopeful for the frontier!

Aerodactyl said:
I know, the graphics are just so gorgeous! Now imagine battle frontier like that??? Gosh!!! I'm still hopeful for the frontier!

yeah this got off topic fast let's get back to the frontier

I'm hoping its in but I'm not holding my breathe it was my favorite feature from emerald but the only hints that it is in is the pokedolls from the frontier

Fairy Type Arceus said:
yeah this got off topic fast let's get back to the frontier

I'm hoping its in but I'm not holding my breathe it was my favorite feature from emerald but the only hints that it is in is the pokedolls from the frontier

I firmly believe that little white cloud on the Map is hiding the frontier. Even if its the only cloud covering something, I think it is. You could remove that one bit of cloud and still have the bigger cloud behind it and give us the frontier. I don't know If they'd tell us about if before hand though, do you think they'd leave it as a surprise or reveal it in corocoro?

Back