~The Arena~ (Looking for moderators) (Accepting sign-ups!)

Shoyru1444

Ampharos will rise!
The Arena has been there since times old and new, peaceful and with fighting. No-one knows how it got there, but they know its purpose: to fight. Warriors from countries everywhere make pilgrimages there just to prove their strength. Magi flock there to test their spells. Rangers fight there to test their aim and sleight of hand. A simple circle of white marble, it shows deep scars of fighting since oldest living memory. Now, will you, warrior, test your mettle here? Will you be victorious? Only time will tell. Welcome to... The Arena.

Hello there, and welcome to the arena. This is an attempt to re-create a thread game from another website. Here's how it works...

You and a friend (or enemy?) challenge each other. You each fight it out by posting and counter posting. There is a specific way to do this, but I'll get to that later. Here's the 'sign up sheet'. It's not a sign-up, but more of a profile. And just so you know, you can have several characters at once.

Name:
Appearance (Must be at least 5 sentences long) :
Race:

Now, while making characters, be creative! You don't just have to use humans, you know. Now, onto the fight!

Here's an example of a bad post.

Bad Poster said:
ninja jumped and attacked warrior and killed him

It's bad because of these reasons;
1. The grammar is terrible. Yeah, I know, it's not that important, but you don't want your fight to be an eyesore to read.
2. 'Ninja' just suddenly killed 'Warrior' without giving him a chance to retaliate.
3. It's not descriptive. How did he attack him? Did he kick him? If so, what foot did he use?

Here's a 'better' version of the previous post.

Good Poster said:
The ninja silently sneaked up behind the warrior, muscles tensed. He suddenly jumped up in the air, and, grasping it in both hands, attempted to stab the Warrior in the head with his katana.

Much better. Oh, and one more thing. You can do an auto-hit, but ONLY if the person doesn't defend themselves in the next post.

Now, your first post (after a person accepts your challenge to a fight) should describe you walking into the Arena. Try to be descriptive. Here's an example...

Shoyru1444 said:
Jeremy walked calmly into the arena, his red hair blowing in the gentle breeze that surrounded the world. He unsheathed his sword, eager for first blood. He called out, "Who will fight me?"

RULES
1. No Godmodding (This is when you control a character that's not yours)
2. No Autostrike (This is when you attack a character without giving them a chance to retaliate or defend themselves)
3. Good Grammar only. I won't be terribly strict about this, but I want your posts to be easily legible.
4. NO FLAMING!!!!!!
5. No Power-Playing, unless you and your opponent want to. It's not fair to have the power to blow up half the arena while closing your first. Try to tone down your powers.
6. All the usual Pokebeach rules apply.
7. No Pokemon. This isn't Heartgold or Soulsilver.
8. I shouldn't have to say this, but I've seen it on other websites. NOSEKZ.

Okay, recently I've been thinking, and I've decided to open a few moderator positions on this thread. If you want to be a mod, you must meet these requirements:

~Understand how the combat system works
~Have good grammar (yes, I will stress this...)
~Be at least somewhat active
~Not abuse the power
~Have at least 500 posts (I will bend a little on this rule, but if you have 42 posts, I'm definately not letting you be a mod)

PM me that you wish to be a mod.

Mod list:
Shoyru1444
sillykyle!
Chiraami*

*=semirestricted mod powers

Mods have pretty much the same amount of power I do. Please, listen to them, as they are just trying to help the game to be more smooth.

Character Library

Shoyru1444
Name: Aaron
Height: 4'5"
Appearance: White hair, incredibly pale blue eyes. Wears an elaborate white robe with swirling designs. Carries a staff with a whiteorb at the top. It has a howling windstorm trapped in it. Wears custom made sandals. His eyes sometimes glow white when he's angry.
Race: Human

Name: Gaya
Height: 5'2"
Appearance: Green eyes. Entire body is green. Looks humanoid, but is a plant too. He's wearing clothing made of plants. He has brown hair, which is the only thing on him that's not green.
Race: Plant/Human

dragonspit999
Name: Scratch
Height: 5'7"
Appearance (Must be at least 5 sentences long) : He is a spartan. He wears the traditional spartan clothes. This usually includes sandals, dress/ toga-like thing, sword, and shield. He also wears a spartan commander's helmet. His shield has a spartan helmet imprinted on the front. He is called scratch after the giant scar on his back from war but he said it felt like a scratch to him.

Name: Stoomp
Height: Who knows?
Appearance (Must be at least 5 sentences long) : A great big dragon. She is dark dark blue. She has a wingspan of 27 feet. She knows magic. This magic is to change into other dragons of diffrent sizes and have diffrent powers. She has won wars against armies of men by herself so don't underestimate her. (Girl obviously) Has telekintic powers.
Race: Dragon

Baitu4
Name:Shadow
Height:6'4
Appearance (Must be at least 5 sentences long) :Hes a master archer.Pro at being a thief.Very bad tempered.Blood red cloths.Gaint arrows mark on his arm.
Race:Blood Elf.

Name:Kagaro
Height:6'2
Appearance (Must be at least 5 sentences long) :Wrapped his head in bandages.Can make blades appear out of his arms.Each blade becomes stronger then the last.He wants to gain more power to become immortal gave up his human life to become a Ayakashi
Race:Ayakashi

TrainerofFury
Name: L'arc
Height: 4'8
Appearance (Must be at least 5 sentences long) : An undead pirate, and a professional gunslinger. He equips a golden gun and wears a ripped, gray pirate vest. Along with the normal pirate pants, and anEyepatch on his left eye. He wears a Black Bandana with a Skull and two bones crossing it. He has long, brown, boots and a silver belt.
Race: Undead.

Gardegon
Name: Bank (Doesn't tell anyone real name.)
Height: 3' 2"
Appearance: I may look like a crazy old man, but I still got some kick. I was born with a sword-shaped scar on my face, so I mean business. I wield just a wooden Katana and a Blowtube. I only live to teach and defend. The Blowtube has only a sleeping serum in it.
Race: Wood Dwarf

gameboy350
Name:Yama
Height:A metre or so.
Appearance (Must be at least 5 sentences long) :Yama Is only a metre tall,but he levitates a metre off the ground.He has a slim,purple body and one of his arms is a giant spike.He has blood red eyes,and no mouth but he still can speak.On his head,there is a "Crown" which is actually a part of his head.From the "crown",rises black smoke.
Race:shade

Chriaami
Name: Kibago
Height: 120 cm
Appearance (Must be at least 5 sentences long) :
He has long blue hair. He has dark green eyes.
He often wears a black cloak. He has a suit of armour which covers his shoulders and body.
Race: Munchlax.

dragonspit999

Wheres the annoying nature?
RE: ~The Arena~

Not locked but not a single sign up either. This looks amazingly fun so... Ill sign up.

Name: Scratch
Height: 5'7"
Appearance (Must be at least 5 sentences long) : He is a spartan. He wears the traditional spartan clothes. This usually includes sandals, dress/ toga-like thing, sword, and shield. He also wears a spartan commander's helmet. His shield has a spartan helmet imprinted on the front. He is called scratch after the giant scar on his back from war but he said it felt like a scratch to him.

swain

Code geass <3

Name:Shadow
Height:6'4
Appearance (Must be at least 5 sentences long) :Hes a master archer.Pro at being a thief.Very bad tempered.Blood red cloths.Gaint arrows mark on his arm.
Race:Blood Elf.

Shoyru1444

Ampharos will rise!

Accepted. Oh, and Baitu, I want your grammar to be at its best. I've seen some of your writing, and it's hard to read. >.<

So, who will challenge me?

dragonspit999

*Marchs onto field crouched with shield and sword in front of him* "I challenge your puniness!"

Shoyru1444

Ampharos will rise!

Aaron grinned, a wicked smile lighting up his face. He jumped down into the arena, staff glowing a brilliant white light. "Shall I start?" he taunted.

dragonspit999

"As long as you turn off your night light, you baby. You scared of the dark or me?"

Shoyru1444

Ampharos will rise!

Aaron grinned bigger. The trash talk was ended. He raised his staff up to the vertical position. He brought his right hand to it and pulled it back, like he was drawing a bow. Exacly like he was drawing a bow. The tips of the staff seemed to bend back. He released his right hand. An arrow of pure, condensed air sped in a deadly ark towards Scratch's chest.

dragonspit999

You said we are allowed multile charcters so...

Name: Drakon
Height: 4'7"
Appearance (Must be at least 5 sentences long) : He is a short being. He is the shaman of his village. He wears green metal armor with the ancient elven language wrote all over it. He carries a bow and staff. These were cut out of the ancient tree so they are made of bark but the ancient tree so it is bright green bark. The end of his staff ends with the head of his first kill, a bear. The bears head glows just like an orb but only because of elven magic. He can summon creatures to help him
Race: Elf

Scratch threw the shield in front of him. This shield was made for things like magic. He then rolls to the left and starts to slowly approach aaron with the shield still infront of him and crouched.

Shoyru1444

Ampharos will rise!

Aaron let go another volley of arrows, three in quick sucession. One was aimed at his head, one at his chest, one at his legs.

dragonspit999

Scratch rolls and dodges 2 arrows but the one aimed for his legs hits.
"AHHH!"
Scratch runs directly after aaron but relizes he can't get too close. He must have something up his sleeve. So he stops and throws his sword directly towards aaron's face.

Shoyru1444

Ampharos will rise!

Aaron's eyes widen in surprise. He sidesteps, but the blade catches his left arm. He cringes in pain. It was bleeding badly. He raised his staff up with his right hand, muttering words in a foreign language.

dragonspit999

"Stupid me!"
*Scratch reliazes he just gave away half of his weapons to his opponent for a deep wound. He could've gave him alot more wounds if he had kept his sword. Uh well. Time to start shield ramming*
*Runs at aaron with shield in fornt of body*

Shoyru1444

Ampharos will rise!

Aaron brought down his staff, sending a wave of strong air towards Scratch. It would, hopefully, slam him into the unforgiving marble walls.

dragonspit999

Luckily, aslo, as I said before, this shield was made for defense against magic. It did not throw him back. Only stop him in his tracks. Sad thing is it kept coming as long as he kept muttering those stupid words. He could not go forward with him casting that spell so he started yelling random words to try and get him to lose his concetration.
"BLOODY! GRASS! WIERD! SPELLL! LAUGH! ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIASISM!

Shoyru1444

Ampharos will rise!

Aaron's eyebrows raised like a drawbridge. So the shield would protect him. He has an idea. The shield could only protect from one side. He released the gust of wind, and said more worlds in another language.

swain

Code geass &lt;3

*in the training room*

"Time to split 10 more arrows"

*splits 10 more arrows in half a second*

"That should do it"

swain

Code geass &lt;3

OOC: ok thanks

IC: Welcome the new changler shadow.