• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Terrakion/Garbodor

Kendall Dunlap

Aspiring Trainer
Deck List (58)

Pokémon (11)
4-3 Garbodor (Garbotoxin)
4 Terrakion NVI

Trainers (35)
4 Prof. Juniper
4 N
4 Skyla
2 Colress
4 Exp. Share
4 Rescue Scarf
1 Rock Guard
4 Heavy Ball
2 Ultra Ball
4 Escape Rope
2 Switch

Energy (12)
12 Fighting

So, after playing Pokémon TCG with friends for about a year, I decided to start playing competitively in local tournaments. I chose to make this deck because it is a bit cheaper than other decks and counters a lot of popular decks being used in the current format. Please note that I do not want to use Catchers or EX because I believe both somewhat ruin the format and destroy a lot of potential strategies. Also, I do not have the money for these cards.

Strategy
I am guessing most of you know how this deck works, but in case not I will explain. Basically, set up Garbodor ASAP to hinder your opponents pokemon with abilities. (Eeelektrik, Blastoise, Keldeo, Darkrai, etc.) Attach a tool to Garbodor (preferably Rescue Scarf) and while in the process of setting up Garbodor, set up a Terrakion as well. Attach Exp. Share to benched Terrakions to cause energy acceleration and take advantage of the nice Retaliate Attack. If set up well, you will be dealing 90 damage every turn. This is great because is 2-hits all EX Pokemon, and even if Terrakion is KO'd, it isn't an EX, so you can essentially trade prize cards until you win.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Back