Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012 Series)

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Saw the new Nickelodeon series and it's alright, what's awkward is that Chuck Norris is in Episode 4 working for Shredder.

I watched the pilot episode a couple days ago and I actually like it. It's got some nice nods to the original, but with a nice updated touch. I had heard so many people talking about it and figured I would give the series a chance for myself. I grew up on the 80's series, so I figured I'd be super opposed to it. Needless to say, I was shocked.

Well the 2003 Series did it's best to stay true to the Original TMNT lore of the 80's series and the 2012 Series definitely has a mix of the 80's Series with that of the 1st TMNT Movie of the 90's. I find it weird that Splinter is taller than the Turtles when originally he was ALOT shorter.

I also find it weird that Krang is his own species now, and the backstory between Splinter and Shredder seems to have changed from the Original Comic Book Series of course. Originally Splinter created the Turtles in order to assassinate Shredder due to a grudge against them in the past, he didn't get the Turtles because he wanted pets.

Actually the popular Ninja Turtles cartoon of the 80's established in one episode that there were other Krang species, who unlike the Krang we all knew and loathed, had their own bodies instead of needing a body built.

For the new series the Kraang (note the spelling difference) don't seem to be the same warlord of Dimension X.

I actually kind of like this new series.

Back