Techs against Virizion Genesect

2 Benchtini always works, and then tech in 1 basic Fire and you could retrieval it back.But if you run super rod i would run a 1-1 line

Consistency and BKEX. You can OHKO everything they have and they can only OHKO your BKEX with an Ace Spec. Since their energy acceleration requires them to attack and have energy on the thing they're attacking with, you can shut them down by KOing a Virizion and Genesect (if they even managed to charge one up).

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
2 Benchtini always works, and then tech in 1 basic Fire and you could retrieval it back.But if you run super rod i would run a 1-1 line

Benchtini is illegal because its from noble victories.

Victini EX/Victory Piece is the best I can think of. It does use up your ace spec though.

There's also Moltress from next destinies and PF Flareon (depending on the deck you're using).

EDIT: Oh You're using Blastoise Keldeo, NVM. Moltres might still work if you use fire or prism energy.

How are you planning on teching that into anything but a deck that is already Fire, which shouldn't have any troubles with Genesect anyway? Its not hard for Genesect Virizion to get around Outrage.

Heatran seems good in that maybe throw in some prisms but basicallyx it's not a bad matchup because you can accelerate faster then them. Maybe just add 1 or 2 scrapper and change your aspec to dowsing machine.

I run Blastoise too, and I was thinking of adding in 2 Kyurem EXs from plasma blast, and taking out 1 keldeo. Because Kyurem EX is weak to steel and can do 150 every turn with the help of blastoise.

I know it seems pretty clunky, and it does lower your chances of T2 secret sword, but that seems like the only consistent tech against Genesect.

I believe you don't have to tech against V/G. Black ballista already takes care of the virizions and genesects. You can stream attacks while they cant (or difficult to pull off)

Pond said:
I believe you don't have to tech against V/G. Black ballista already takes care of the virizions and genesects. You can stream attacks while they cant (or difficult to pull off)

It's a tool to get the attack that B-Kyurem has vs. a stage 2. I haven't tested it at all, but I wouldn't assume that BK is easier to get fully charged than Genesect. Not to mention if you get setup second genesect'll just take out your acceleration and you'll fall behind. On the other hand genesect can be scrapped and it loses a lot of power.

Takamajorania said:
I run blastoise keldeo, any ideas on how to counter genesect virizion? Please nothing clunky at all.

You don't need to tech against Virizion/Gensect at all. You see, it takes them at least 2 turns to get a Virizion-EX fully set up in order to use Emerald Slash. By this time, you could have Blastoise in play already set up. Also, BK-ex just KOs their Pokemon before they can do anything to you.

Hard to believe the new grass cards / decks don't worry you Blastoise players ?

"You see, it takes them at least 2 turns to get a Virizion-EX fully set up in order to use Emerald Slash."

Really ? People playing Virizion EX are going to be using either Pokedex / Ether or Plasma Badge / Colress Machine to get that 2nd energy on 1st turn. Will it work every time - no, but it's not that difficult. If they start you are most likely in a world of hurt.

tripfour1 said:
Hard to believe the new grass cards / decks don't worry you Blastoise players ?

"You see, it takes them at least 2 turns to get a Virizion-EX fully set up in order to use Emerald Slash."

Really ? People playing Virizion EX are going to be using either Pokedex / Ether or Plasma Badge / Colress Machine to get that 2nd energy on 1st turn. Will it work every time - no, but it's not that difficult. If they start you are most likely in a world of hurt.

I second this point. A better way to say that would be at MOST two turns. Although the dex in etherdex will be rotated.

So? Pretty much the only way to charge up any of these techs would be to have Blastoise out anyway, so you might as well just stick with BKEX. Regardless of whether Virizion Genesect is actually a bad matchup, no fire type (or anything else) is worth teching into Blastoise for it.

Back