Teamtar. Last edited 7/24/2011. Come on guys, you can keep rating my team.

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
So, while Thundurus is not banned yet, and my last team was hugely weak to Thundurus and Latios, I decided to make a team with one goal: kill them both. This, I found, was easily accomplished by Scarftar. Scarftar is the only member of this team I will not trade for something else.

248.gif

Tyra (Tyranitar) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Superpower
- EQ
Description: T-tar, the Pokemon whom the entire team is built around. Choice Scarf allows him to out-speed base 115s. He has incredible bulk for his power. He's an amazing revenge killer, too. I used Rock Slide over Stone Edge because I hate Stone Edge's accuracy and I can still OHKO Thundurus. The Sandstorm he brings allows Heatran to not become dead weight in rain. I used to run Pursuit, but I wasn't using it too much, it's a little risky, and I'd rather have EQ to take out Mixnape.
227.gif

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
Description: Skarmory's on this team for a couple of reasons. He checks Reuniclus. He destroys Virizion. He provides valuable phazing. He stops the Dragon/Ground attacking combo dead in it's tracks. I used Shed Shell over lefties so he doesn't die to Magnezone.

Spr_4p_479W_s.png

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SPE
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Description: Rotom goes so well with Tyranitar it's like they're soul-mates. He stops all of T-tar's counters, mainly Gliscor and bulky waters. I'd orginially tryed max Def and SPD, but it wasn't working so well, so I went to the current set and it's done wonders. I used to run HP Fire but it really didn't hit Ferrothorn hard enough to matter. WOW provides useful crippling. Pain Split is Rotom's best form of recovery, but I've considered using HP Ice over it.

485.gif

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Description: Heatran is here to stop the Dragon/Fire combo dead in it's tracks. He's amazing with his decent SPE, amazing SPA, and good bulk. I'm using Flamethrower over Fire Blast/Overheat because of the accuracy of FB and the SPA drop of Overheat. I've considered using Lava Plume over Flamethrower. Tyranitar saves him from becoming next to useless in the rain. Air Balloon is one of the best things to ever happen to him. I've considered dumping some of those SPE EVs into HP.

373.gif

Sally (Salamence) (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost
Description:
Salamence is a great sweeper. Intimidate lets it set up DD much easier. I used to use Mixmence with Fire Blast over Roost, but Salamence was dying quickly with Sandstorm and no Rapid Spin support. Lum berry stops it from being shut down by status and can make setting up easier, too. I didn't go with Moxie because Intimidate lets me cripple Physical attackers and Moxie does better with an Outrage+Scarf set, IMO, which is not what I'm going for. I didn't us Outrage on this set either because I don't like the trapping. I do miss unresisted type coverage, though.

472.gif

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect
- Taunt
Description:
Gliscor does well with T-tar, resisting Fighting types and being immune to Ground types, among other things. I use Gliscor to also counter Jirachi and Breloom. I had tryed SD over Protect, but it got old with the same thing happening every time. Gliscor used SD. The opponent switched into a Water type. Gliscor just wasted a turn setting up and will waste another turn switching out or else he's screwed. Taunt does a great job of shutting down defensive threats/stall breaking. Ice Fang allows me to hit other Gliscors and Brelooms harder than Facade. I've considered running Toxic over Protect.

RE: Teamtar...anybody want to help me with names?

Mkay, I'm going to TRY to get back into the swing of Team Rating, so don't bite my head off.
I have found that MixMence is very good at getting rid of Latios, especially after Latios gets it's first Draco Meteor off. If you can outspeed it with MixMence, it's pretty much Game Over for Latios. I personally think Gyarados DD's so much better that Salamence, as usually it gets the +1 when you scare someone's Heatran off, or something along those lines. I'll give you a set later. :D And if you really want to screw Latios over, use Ferrothorn over Skarmory. Stealth Rock variants run very well. I can give you my personal favorite set, if you want. And, unless this is a hyper offensive team, I suggest making Heatran a bit bulkier. He works very well on many teams in this position. For example:

Heatran@Air Balloon
Flash Fire Ability
Calm Nature (-Atk, +SpD)
EV's: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Moves:
Earth Power/Dragon Pulse (Latios >:D)
Lava Plume
Toxic
Stealth Rock/Protect

Try it out if you'd like, I think it'd do wonders. ;)
And Finally, the Nicknames:

Ttar: Power
Skarmory: Sadness
Rotom-W: Joy
Heatran: Bravery
Salamence: Strength
Gliscor: Wisdom

I tried. :p

I would go with Pursuit on Tyranitar to reduce the numer of time other weather inducers can swith out. Replace it with either Superpower or Earthquake.
I would also suggest putting Naive nature on Salamence and replacing Fire Blast with Fire Fang.

IMO, Superpower and EQ really help with the revenge killing. Despite the fact that Tyranitar's main job is to kill Latios and Thundurus, he also revenge kills so many other things and those moves really help. I'll try Mixmence out. I might try your Heatran set out and give Skarmory Spikes over SR, but this set really works. I like like hitting hard and outspeeding things with Heatran, mainly because my opponent never expects it and instead expects the standard set. I will NOT give up HP Grass because that's essentially my only way of taking down Gastrodon who's proven to be a pain in the ass. I wasn't asking for help on the nicknames, I was asking for help with team names because I'm horrible at them. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Okay, I'll give this team a rate.

For starters, I'd give Tyranitar a moveset of Crunch, Pursuit, Superpower, Stone Edge. Crunch and Pursuit require prediction, but are deadly when played right. You need to be able to predict whether the switch is coming or not. So, switching in on a -2 Lati@s, you go for the Pursuit. If you switch in on a Gengar's Shadow Ball, go for the Crunch. Outspeed Thundurus and OHKO with Stone Edge. And you are guarenteed to beat any other Tyranitar lead, with the faster Superpower.

On Gliscor, I'd go with a moveset of Toxic, Protect, Earthquake, Facade. With this moveset, you can Poison the incoming water type, send in Rotom W, and swing the momentum right back in your direction, while still hitting hard and Toxic stalling. And Facade+EQ has more coverage than EQ+Ice Fang. I'd also change the EV spread to 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe.

As SS said, change Salamence's nature from Jolly to Naive and replace Fire Fang with Fire Blast. The point of this is solely to hit Skarm and Ferrothorn harder, and also make sure that Mence doesn't rack up Iron Barbs damage.

Also, I'd recommend putting Spikes on Skarmory, and replace your current Heatran with ShadowLugia's Heatran. Go with Stealth Rock over Protect, as your team needs SR to turn those 2HKO's into OHKO's, and Earth Power>Dragon Pulse, as you already have Tyranitar to deal with Lati@s.

Finally, I'd recommend Will-o-wisp on Rotom W over HP Fire. You already have Heatran and Mence to deal with Steel types, and it can be really helpful to Salamence and Tyranitar to have some of their counters burned (just don't burn Conkeldurr o_O).

I'm hoping this will help you, and good luck with your team ^^

Taunt has proven valuable time and time again, so that's not going, but I will try Facade over Ice Fang. I will use Pursuit over EQ and will try WOW over HP Fire. Any particular reason you recommended those EVs on Gliscor? I won't be using Ferrothorn over Skarmory because of the phazing. I'm at a huge disadvantage against Gastrodon unless I use some Grass move, and Heatran has saved my ass many times with it so that's not going away, but I'll use SR over Dragon Pulse.

Maybe try Toxic over Protect on Gliscor if you don't need that turn of healing because as you said instead of using Swords Dance on the switch to a bulky water you can poison them.

Those EVs on Gliscor are for outspeeding Adamant Breloom if I remember correctly, but you can go with a more bulky spread like 252HP/56att/200def Impish.

Protect is to counter Breloom though. Save yourself a turn so Toxic Orb can activate.

Those specific EVs are from Smogon. I'm not sure exactly why :\

I recommend the riddance of HP Grass on Heatran if you use Ferrothorn. If phazing is that important to you, you could use Roar over Toxic on Heatran. Ferrothorn destroys Gastrodon and other Water/Grounds.

But then I'd be really weak to Verizion if I got rid of Skarmory.

You'd still have Mence, who could get to +2 easily and hit hard with Dragon Claw. Or, if the Virizion is unboosted, you could hit it with FB.

That's counting on me already having a boosted Mence out. Chances are I'll need to switch in. Usually Virizion will set up on the switch. It'll outspeed me and KO me with +1 HP Ice. Today it donned on me: why am I using Heatran as a counter to the Dragon/Fire attacking combo but no moves that can hurt Dragons? So, Dragon Pulse gas replaced SR and Skarmory now runs Sr over Spikes.

Back