BW/BW2 Team Plasma Thoughts

catutie

Ahhhhh back.....er....kind of
ive been thinking about what team plasmas plans and there deals. so what do you think? were they right to try and liberate pokemon from there trainers? are we taking pokemon from there lives for our own selfish gain?

personally, i think they were right. what if pokemon do have families and we just take them from that. what if they do have lives and we just steal that away from them. it make sense and they had the right idea. i think team plasma was one of the most powerful and influential teams. they actually got people to agree with them in game and even out of game.

so what are your guys thoughts?

ok...no offense, but pokemon are little bits of zero's and ones..computer data, they're not REAL. That's like saying you think the animals in animal crossing are sentient beings..(which of course they're not). It's a Game. There are no poke' families, no Poke' communities..I really hope you're just tired and not serious..because you're not making much sense here

If we were in the Pokemon World, I might understand.

But since we are not, it is just a part of a story. I wouldn't worry much about it.

catutie said:
ive been thinking about what team plasmas plans and there deals. so what do you think? were they right to try and liberate pokemon from there trainers? are we taking pokemon from there lives for our own selfish gain?

personally, i think they were right. what if pokemon do have families and we just take them from that. what if they do have lives and we just steal that away from them. it make sense and they had the right idea. i think team plasma was one of the most powerful and influential teams. they actually got people to agree with them in game and even out of game.

As far as I know this is a video game. I dont play CoD Black Ops and think, "I wonder if my character has a family too. I hope he gets to make it home alive."

Btw that was just Ghetsis making up something for the grunts to fight for, he wanted world domination just like all the other version nemesises.

catutie said:

If the team plasma ideology is acceptable and applicable to our real-life context, zoos and pet ownership would be immoral and unethical.

Yet they are not.

Which can only mean one thing: Somewhere along the way, human laws and societies deemed it acceptable to do those things to real animals, and the concept in pokemon is sort of just a vague mirror of that.

Furthermore, now that I am not tired, if you Truly believe that for whatever reason, then release all of your pokemon in Every game and stop playing them. Otherwise I doubt the seriousness of this thread and your beliefs (however unique they may be). Also as Xierh said, you better let your cats, dog, iguana, whatever you have loose as well.

Geez you people have no imagination. Why do people RP?

Speaking if Pokemon were REAL, i don't agree. If anyone read the manga, you could tell that the pokemon were scared and sad. I don't agree with Team Plasma.

mlouden03 said:
if you Truly believe that for whatever reason, then release all of your pokemon in Every game and stop playing them.

Well to be fair, that's not really relevant when talking about playing games.

For example a person can feel that it's wrong to murder another human being, yet still play Call of Duty, a game which arguably involves lots of human being killing.

Or you could believe that it's wrong to intrude into other people's privacy, yet play still play a pokemon game which has you breaking and entering (just not in an explicit forceful depiction) into people's homes.

A game is a game, it's not a way of living. People can do things in games that they wouldn't do in real life, that doesn't make them hypocrites, that just means they have a good sense of what real life is and what is not real life.

Well it sounded to me like he was trying to visualise it as a possible real life scenario. For instance he talks about pokemon having families and all that but of course we all know in the game, a pokemon is just an element of gameplay, not something to be treated as though it were a real living thing inside a game.

Gonna state my opinion as if Pokemon were real here, ignoring the real but admittedly true logic that Pokemon is just a game composed of computer bit ones and zeroes.

I think Team Plasma is wrong. Even if they were somehow right I think regardless of the influence of Pokeballs and other ball capturing methods, that if a Pokemon did not want to stay with their trainer they are more than capable of running away from them. They are more than capable of fighting back. Not only are Pokemon very poweful animals in their own world but they would be pretty powerful animals in ANY world. If they didn't want to be around trainers or people in general they have ways to avoid contact. Just look at the roaming legendaries who run away at the first turn of a round.

With that logic, that means Pokemon should have families (the anime says a lot of them do). So do pets. That doesn't stop us from having them. Why is this right, I don't know. But that is just the way it is. I've never seen a dog or cat run away from their owners just go back to their birth parents and potential sibling.

Pikachu6319 said:
With that logic, that means Pokemon should have families (the anime says a lot of them do). So do pets. That doesn't stop us from having them. Why is this right, I don't know. But that is just the way it is. I've never seen a dog or cat run away from their owners just go back to their birth parents and potential sibling.

"That's just the way it is" is precisely what it's all about. It's not a matter of right or wrong because there is no absolute right or wrong. It's subjective and varies at the personal level. A dog or cat wouldn't run away to its parents in the same way that a child, if sufficiently separated from his parent, won't run back to that parent either.

As for the scenario of pokemon rebelling against trainers, Gamefreak just hasn't created such a scenario yet. The closest they go is to have traded pokemon not obey you if you don't have a certain gym badge.

I for one think that plasma is right to an extent, but Ghetis is just like hitler, following 3 rules:
1. Use the truth
2. add a neccesity
3. slip in a lie that now seems true

On the other side, pokemon could rebel at any time if they really wanted. They are after all, just powered up pets.

o_O.....i made this? i totally forgot. i thought i imagined it lol. ANYWAY use your imagination. you cant apply pokemon to the real world. i guess you could apply it to pets. but ya USE IMAGINATION. you go into the wild find a squirrel that you just couldnt live without so you take it home, you "capture it" and take it for yourself. see it may have a family or what ever but you just take it from that. we just see it as oh i have a new pet. in the game we just go oh i caught a new pokemon.

even if they have a family, whos to sya the other wild pokemon arent trying to eat/kill/other it? im sure the weaker pokemon die off fast, just like shinys would be picked off cuz they are easy to find.

Team Plasma to me is a mixture of Medieval knights and PETA. Offensive and hypocritical ways of trying to accomplish an admirable goal.

^ ha i get it, but its too bad its true.
I think that if pokemon and peple have the choice......it is there choice so tp was just crazy.

catutie said:
you cant apply pokemon to the real world.

Nor can you apply human morals, values and ethics to non-humans (in this case pokemon). Which is why I think the whole family argument really isn't working here.

^ you can but as brought out it is a game. if team rocket in the game took a trainers poke and slaughtered them in front of them you would probably be shocked/angry/vengeful/sympathetic or any combo of them. same can apply to poke. you go and grind and you take out 100+ poke other poke might become shocked/angry/vengeful/sympathetic or any combo of those...but this is all hypothetical lol it takes a big imagination to think how poke feel lol

Back