Team build and layout for a dummy

Buzzword

Convulsively Tripping the Light Fantastic
I wouldn't say that I'm new to competitive play (2 years experience), I'm just not great at it. So I think it is about time I got some outside help from people that aren't from a site that is spelled with an S and ends in -mogon. (Super hate that site and their tier system that I think is utter poison to making things fun)... / rant

I like to play differently than what is 'normal' *cursessmogoncurses* and I like to find new niches that aren't normally explored. I really don't mind losing, because that is how I learn what works best, what doesn't work, and what is fun. In this generation, I have found that I'm training up a lot of bulky and defense heavy mons that know how to take a hit and deal it right back.

So here is my team!

558.png

Crustle (Dave) @ Quick Claw
Nature: Careful
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 SpDef, 100 Atk, 156 Hp.
Moves:
- Stealth Rock
- Eearthquake
- Smack Down
- X-Scissor

I typically use Dave as a hazard setter for SR to break focus banders. I don't rely on the damage from SR or other hazards. He is pretty tanky and can take quite a lot of damage which is how I wanted him to function, but I did put some EVs into attack mostly as Smack Down utility. With more that enough Flying types and Levitaters I think this is needed.

282.png

Gardevoir (Yorona) @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 SpAtk
Moves:
- Moon Blast
- Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Yet another tank. I didn't think this set up would work well when I made it but it works beautifully. She can take incredible amounts of damage and stall just about everything that isn't named Mega Lucario or Scizor. I wen't with Shadow Ball over Psychic/Psyshock for countering Ghost types and shutting down Spiritomb/Sableye (which works well if I can use Calm Mind once before). Trace also gives her a small amount of versatility as that I can steal abilities.

681.png

Aegislash (Hexcalibur) @ Metal Coat
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 SpDef, 4 Atk
Moves:
- Iron Head
- King's Shield
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword/Swords Dance

I actually haven't used Hexcalibur yet, but I plan to. I just haven't needed it. I am unsure if Swords Dance causes it stancedance into blade form, but if it does then I will drop the move entirely and take some EVs from HP and dump them into Attack. Otherwise she operates as pivot for me to keep out as a wall or as a damage dealer.

658.png

Greninja (Koki) @ Kings Rock
Nature: Naive
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spd, 4 Atk.
Moves:
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory

This is my glass cannon. I chose Naive as his nature because I wanted to have the option to have U-turn open and some what effective. He is to operate as quick revenge killer and speed killer, nothing more and I never expect him to survive a hit which is why I gave him the Kings Rock to keep his momentum going. Extrasensory is to counter the multitudes of Dragalge I'm seeing.

006-mx.png

Charizard (Tiamat) @ Charizardite X
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Blaze/Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
Moves:
- Roost
- Power-up Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz

Physical attacker. I caught him wild so the nature isn't what I would want it to be BUT he is Shiny and has nearly perfect 31/30/30/x/30/31 stats (I nearly fainted when I saw the numbers). He is a blunt instrument and trophy, not much else.

184.png

Azumarill (Bludger) @ Sitrus berry
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 Hp, 252 Atk, 8 SpDef
Moves:
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Devastatingly good physical sweeper. I have only been walled by other bulky Water types like another Azumarill and Wailord, otherwise everything I have faced was down in a 2-KO at the most. So far he is proven to be a little on weak side when it comes to any SpAtk heavy mons with Sludgebomb/Sludgewave.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In reserve

205.png

Forretress (Unit-396) @ Rocky Helmet
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 SpDef, 4 Def.
Moves:
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Setter and Spinner. Basic set up. It bores me to tears.

715.png

Noivern @ (none yet)
Nature: Timid
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spd, 4 Hp.
Moves:
- Boomburst
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Dragon Pulse

I have no idea how to set this guy up. I actually don't like him much and kinda want to drop him entirely... I didn't even bother nicknaming it.

006-my.png

Charizard (Kirin) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power/Drought
Moves:
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Air Slash
- Solar Beam

Special sweeper. Pretty predictable and easily countered. I like it but I wish he was less fragile.

545.png

Scolipede (K+CN-) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Hp, 4 Spd.
Moves:
- Poison Jab
- Venom Drench
- Earthquake
- Protect

I might get rid of Venom Drench entirely, but I like to think it give him a little more survivability, however, I am constantly walled by Steel types and Skarmory completely shuts K+CN- down.

666-mo.png

Vivillon (Merdurfly) @ (None yet)
Ability: Compound Eyes
Moves:
- Aromatherapy
- Powder
- Stun Spore
- Draining Kiss

Supporter. I wish it could take Wish! Nothing fancy here though, I made her to be more annoying than anything else.

169.png

Crobat (Karliah) @ (None yet)
Ability: Innerfocus
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp.
Moves:
- Cross Poison
- Roost
- U-Turn/Acrobatics
- Cross Poison

A personal favorite, but not working as I would like. I removed her because she is way too frail an is easy prey for Alakazam and Gengar.

700.png

Sylveon (Oberon) @ Pixie Plate/Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Moves:
- Moon Blast
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Super bulky special sweeper. I only took him out because I put my Gardevoir in. It preformed magically.

214-m.png

Heracross (Goliath) @ Heracronite
Ability: Swarm/Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp.
Moves:
- Arm Thrust
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Bullet Seed

This thing was an utter failure. It was just awful. I wish I hadn't wasted my time. Do not train this thing!

Back