• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Team Aqua Deck (Kyogre EX / Mightyena / Muk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Ryder

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3 Team Aqua's Kyogre EX
    3 Team Aqua's Grimer
    3 Team Aqua's Muk
    3 Team Aqua's Poochyena
    3 Team Aqua's Mightyena
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Team Aqua's Great Ball
    3 Silent Lab
    3 Shauna
    3 VS Seeker
    3 Startling Megaphone
    4 Muscle Band
    4 Evosoda
    2 Ultra Ball
    3 Skyla
    1 Colress
Energy:

• 11 Water Energy
    2 Psychic Energy
    2 Double Aqua Energy

Strategy:

Ok, so I've decided to do a deck based around the new Team Aqua pokemon cards. Kyogre EX can act as a tank while I place another Kyogre EX onto the bench and power that up. Kyogre's ability will be nullified with Silent Lab and can OHKO out most pokemon with enough power! Muk is the supporter of this deck to help big ole Kyogre out. Mightyena's attack, Teampact, can do great damage if there's a good amount of benched pokemon on my side.

That's when Team Aqua's Great Ball comes into play. It can help me bring out a basic Team Aqua pokemon AND a water energy and I can put the basic pokemon onto the bench. I can use Evosoda to quickly search for an evolution and evolve the basic. The Startling Megaphone can help with Kyogre's attack by getting rid of any tools that might nullify the retreat cost.

That's about it, really. So the question is... COULD this work? I'm happy to shift and/or change the trainers and energies if needed, but I'd prefer it if I can keep the pokemon.

This wont work the way it should if you don't take out the Team Aqua's Mightyena and Poochyena. I would also use silent lab to shut off Kyogre's annoying ability and also add more double aqua energy (4 of them) along with aqua diffuser. Another option would be using sky field with Jellicent to add even more damage. But Mightyena and Poochyena wont work if your goal is to attack as much as you can with Kyogre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back