Collecting TCG

Mongo

Aspiring Trainer
So I have a weird question. I opened a booster box last night and I got an interesting card. I got a Lucario GX, but it has a half hyper rare. It was a rainbow Lucario with a brownish background. But even more interesting is that the number in the lower left corner is 122/131. Secret rares the first number is bigger than the second. Has anyone encountered anything like this?

Attachments

• 20211103_184309.jpg
    20211103_184309.jpg
    984.7 KB · Views: 7
Unfortunately, I can say with 100% certainty that the Lucario is a fake. Hyper rares never have a solid color background, and all the fonts look super off. Additionally, the little foil patterning I can see is not correct for a Hyper Rare, and the zero in the HP is hollow when it should be solid black. There is also no indication that the card has texture on the art. Chances are if you compare the back of the Lucario to a card you can say for 100% certain is genuine, you will find the coloring is off.

Looks like you either bought a fake or resealed box.

The coloring of that Lucario should also be blue. Also, 122/132? Not a RR, but a FA card. FA cards don't show as shiny pokemon back in Forbidden Light's time... Or at least when it comes to cards printed by the official guys...

Therefore, know that if the coloring of any pokemon is off, it is 100% fake or an error... Before you buy, compare the designs of your desired products to that of the official designs. I understand there may be no comparison possible in the event the product was got in a prerelease or bought before the street date, but generally, if the design is not equal to that of the official product art, it's fake.

Back