TCG Theorymon Exercises - Week 9

The Yoshi

Wumbo
Hey everyone. After seeing the VG Theorymon exercises done by [mod]Bippa[/mod], I decided it would be interesting to see views of various members of how a certain aspect of the TCG can be improved, such as a card or a part of the TCG in general. Now we're into Week 9.

Rules:

1) Say what's on your mind, but don't troll. People can tell that advice is legit, even if they don't agree with it.

2) Say as much as you want! There's no limit on how many aspects you would like to see changed, and that shouldn't hold you back from providing multiple pieces of advice.

3) If you disagree with a member, don't flame or I will get [mod]Glaceon[/mod] in here and Ice Beam you all.

So here's the card we'll be working on.

43-galvantula.jpg

Make your changes assuming you could take the card, use Wite-Out on anything you wanted, and change it. Begin!

Well, the card stinks right now. I'll try not to make it broken, but no promises.
Ok, first the HP is standard for most Stage 1's, but 90 hp is better and still searchable. I would give it free retreat and change its first attack to a Thunder Wave type of attack and it does 20. I would change Electrisilk to a catcher attack that does 40 damage to the switched up Pokemon.

First I would change the HP to 90, remove the first attack and replace it with Electrisilk, but with only costing 1 Energy. Then the second one would be a Thunder Wave type thing for 20. Then change the retreat to 0, and if possible make it a basic. It would be pretty good against CMT then, killing Smeargle, Celebi, and Tornadus for 1 when Skyarrow is up.

I think changing Electrisilk to 40+20 more for each energy in the Defending Pokemon's retreat costs would be much better, and make the opponent unable to retreat during the next turn too (really hurts ZekEels). Changing hp to 90 and retreat to 0 are obvious changes to help it out a bit, and I'd make the first attack a Catcher attack that does 20 when the opponent's Pokemon is switched in.

I'd change the damage of Electrisilk into 50 and it also paralyzes. That way, it would be broken. A little.

Typhlo Wolf said:
I'd change the damage of Electrisilk into 50 and it also paralyzes. That way, it would be broken. A little.

You're joking right? Guaranteed paralysis+damage with no drawbacks is broken, no questions asked, regardless of the health or damage or anything.

Dark Void said:
You're joking right? Guaranteed paralysis+damage with no drawbacks is broken, no questions asked, regardless of the health or damage or anything.

If you also partner it up with Vileplume to prevent Full Heal and Switch, it is going to be utterly broken. :D

Typhlo Wolf said:
If you also partner it up with Vileplume to prevent Full Heal and Switch, it is going to be utterly broken. :D

That's my point. There's literally nothing in the game that can beat trainer lock + guaranteed paralysis (be quiet Espeon DE and Steelix Prime nobody likes you). There's no fun in these if you're just going to add permanent paralysis because that makes any card game breaking, and defeats the purpose of these. x__x

Dark Void said:
That's my point. There's literally nothing in the game that can beat trainer lock + guaranteed paralysis (be quiet Espeon DE and Steelix Prime nobody likes you). There's no fun in these if you're just going to add permanent paralysis because that makes any card game breaking, and defeats the purpose of these. x__x

I never said anything about permanent paralysis.

Typhlo Wolf said:

Uh, you didn't state any drawbacks to the paralysis or that it could fail, soo...

sillykyle said:
Make it a basic, give it 170+ HP, and make it's attack do at least 80 for 3 energies. ;D
Dont forget auto paralyze bro.
I'm sorta leaning towards Typhlo's side

But seriously, We need more playable rares.
I'd say
+ 10HP
Attack 1 does 10 w/ no effect.
Attack 2 does 30 with auto paralyze with discard 1 {L} Energy.
Free Retreat.

Back