• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tapu Koko GX

Noteman32

Aspiring Trainer
ok so here is my list for Tapu Koko GX. Just wanted to see some thoughts on this deck.

Pokemon 9
4-Tapu Koko GX
2- Raikou (might of spelled it wrong)
2- Tapu Lele (I only have two but might bump this to three once i get my hands on a third)
1- Oranguru (again might of spelled wrong)

Supporters 14
4- Sycamore
4- N
3- Guzma
3- Acerola

Items 22
4- Ultra ball
4- Max Elixer
4- Super Scoop Up
2- Max Potion
2- Rescue Stretcher
2-Field Blowers
4-FFB

Stadiums 3
3- Conservation Area

Energy
12 Lightning

The idea of this Deck is to Two shot everything with Tapu Koko GX while keeping his survivablility up with Max Potions, Acerola and switching him to the bench. There are a lot of Items in this deck so it will be bad against Garb decks.

Last edited:
Maybe cut the Nest Ball for either a second Rescue Stretcher or a third Conservation Area. Nest Ball is only good for grabbing Raikou or Oranguru, whereas cards like Rescue Stretcher or Conservation Area just offer more utility in this deck.

Maybe cut the Nest Ball for either a second Rescue Stretcher or a third Conservation Area. Nest Ball is only good for grabbing Raikou or Oranguru, whereas cards like Rescue Stretcher or Conservation Area just offer more utility in this deck.
great point. I can replace nest ball with another conservation area. I might keep the Two Lele and that will give me another spot add a rescue stretcher as well. It seems to run just fine with two Lele.

Cut the Promo, unfortunately it doesn't have synergy with it's "Larger Self" unlike all the other baby version of pokemon. My suggestions: -1 Nest Ball, -1 Super Rod, -1 Koko Promo, +2 Acerola, +1 FFB/Stretcher/Stadium, pref FFB.

Cut the Promo, unfortunately it doesn't have synergy with it's "Larger Self" unlike all the other baby version of pokemon. My suggestions: -1 Nest Ball, -1 Super Rod, -1 Koko Promo, +2 Acerola, +1 FFB/Stretcher/Stadium, pref FFB.
My thought behind the Promo was to spread damage on the bench to possibly get a OHKO on some of the not so beefy pokemon. I can just stick to the two shotting and add another FFB for survivability.

I agree Garb will be tough; especially with Golisopod who will make two shots much harder with Acerola and switching, and will also make your GX attack useless.

I don't have a solution for how to deal with Golisopod Garb, but you could consider adding one more field blower for Garbotoxin, which would really hurt your deck. You could also consider one or two more energy to help with Max Elixir consistency. I think you could afford to drop a FFB, and maybe one or both Max Potions.

Jolteon EX can win the Volcanion, Darkrai and Lapras matchups singlehandedly, so I would exchange 1 Raikou for that. I would also take out 1 FFB 1 choice band and add 1-2 kukui, just to have the potential reach to knock out a Lele.

Back