• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tapu Koko GX

Haarry

Aspiring Trainer
So I usually play a kingdra deck but felt like switching it up a bit and created a tapu koko-gx deck. I was wondering if you guys could provide some tips to improve it. The main premise is attaching energies to ANY of the pokemon you start with then using Koko's ability to switch them all to koko and move it into the active. Whenever it takes high amounts of damage, you throw out another koko. Next to each card I've given a reason for having it.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 2 Oranguru SUM 113 - Draw support.
* 2 Rayquaza GRI 106 - Attaching energies from the discard if koko gets knocked out.
* 2 Raikou BKT 55 - A good alternative non-gx attacker.
* 4 Tapu Koko-GX GRI 47 - Main attacker.
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155 - Everyone needs a lele (can't afford another)

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130 - If a koko gets kocked out then I can get it back
* 4 Acerola BUS 112 - Pick up damaged kokos
* 3 N FCO 105 - Must have
* 3 Wishful Baton BUS 128 - If I get KO'd I can keep the energy in play and get another koko down to take it back
* 2 Skyla BKP 122 - Search out belts, ultra balls, scoop ups ETC
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107 - Must have
* 2 Clemont GEN 59 - Getting 4 energies is always helpful
* 3 Guzma BUS 115 - Switching
* 1 Brigette BKT 134 - Get out orangurus / rayquazas (not certain on this)
* 4 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99 - 170 health isn't much and 10 extra damage is always nice
* 3 Super Scoop Up BUS 124 - If I've already used a supporter but I need to get a pokemon out of play
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135 - Search for kokos
* 2 Field Blower GRI 163 - Must have
* 4 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116 - 30 less damage to make OHKO's harded for opponents

##Energy - 9

* 9 Lightning Energy HS 118

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

ty for any help in advance

So I usually play a kingdra deck but felt like switching it up a bit and created a tapu koko-gx deck. I was wondering if you guys could provide some tips to improve it. The main premise is attaching energies to ANY of the pokemon you start with then using Koko's ability to switch them all to koko and move it into the active. Whenever it takes high amounts of damage, you throw out another koko. Next to each card I've given a reason for having it.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 2 Oranguru SUM 113 - Draw support.
* 2 Rayquaza GRI 106 - Attaching energies from the discard if koko gets knocked out.
* 2 Raikou BKT 55 - A good alternative non-gx attacker.
* 4 Tapu Koko-GX GRI 47 - Main attacker.
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155 - Everyone needs a lele (can't afford another)

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130 - If a koko gets kocked out then I can get it back
* 4 Acerola BUS 112 - Pick up damaged kokos
* 3 N FCO 105 - Must have
* 3 Wishful Baton BUS 128 - If I get KO'd I can keep the energy in play and get another koko down to take it back
* 2 Skyla BKP 122 - Search out belts, ultra balls, scoop ups ETC
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107 - Must have
* 2 Clemont GEN 59 - Getting 4 energies is always helpful
* 3 Guzma BUS 115 - Switching
* 1 Brigette BKT 134 - Get out orangurus / rayquazas (not certain on this)
* 4 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99 - 170 health isn't much and 10 extra damage is always nice
* 3 Super Scoop Up BUS 124 - If I've already used a supporter but I need to get a pokemon out of play
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135 - Search for kokos
* 2 Field Blower GRI 163 - Must have
* 4 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116 - 30 less damage to make OHKO's harded for opponents

##Energy - 9

* 9 Lightning Energy HS 118

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

ty for any help in advance

I helped my buddy make this deck over the summer, and helped a few kids at my league decide if they want to make it or not. Here's my take on it:

1) Run less Pokemon. You do not want your bench full, so that you can play a Koko down in a pinch. I think the Rayquaza did not get as much love as it could have after release and does belong in some deck, but not this one, as you are not running DCE and do not want to many energies in the discard. Also 1 Oranguru is what i would run if any simply because I want to make room for other things. -2 Rayquaza -1 Oranguru +1 Raikou.

2) Max Elixirs are a must. This is not an expensive deck, as it can be properly run with 0-1 Lele's, so Max Elixir gonna be the most expensive part of the deck. If you want a turn 2 Koko, or turn 1 is you go second and get lucky, Max Elixir is the only way to make that happen. +4 Max Elixir +3 Energy

3) -2 Clemont, With the increase in energy and addition of Max Elixirs you should have enough energy in hand and on your Pokemon. -1 Bridgette, Koko's ability only works from the hand, if you want to try Pokemon Fan Club instead. -1 Guzma, as you should be cycling Koko's effectively I think you can go down 1 here. -1 Skyla, personal preference to only run 1, as I am normally a fan of using Sycamore draw into tools or stadiums, over a guaranteed 1, but again personal preference.

4) +1 Scoop up, +1 Stretcher. -1 Baton, -1 Stadium. The way I view scoop up is if you have 4 in a deck you will see 3 throughout the game, have the opportunity to use 2, and then ultimately hit 1. With 3 I don't think you can "assure" 1 hit. I have not playtested batons but they could be really good, especially if you can flood your board with items and stadiums for that your opponent can only field blow so many, they may have to choose between the knockout or the baton. The only problem is the baton has to be on Koko so you can't have a Fighting Fury Belt on it too. I'd say playtest with 2-3 exp share in it's place just to see how they treat you.

Good Luck! Tell me what you think of my suggestions.

I helped my buddy make this deck over the summer, and helped a few kids at my league decide if they want to make it or not. Here's my take on it:

1) Run less Pokemon. You do not want your bench full, so that you can play a Koko down in a pinch. I think the Rayquaza did not get as much love as it could have after release and does belong in some deck, but not this one, as you are not running DCE and do not want to many energies in the discard. Also 1 Oranguru is what i would run if any simply because I want to make room for other things. -2 Rayquaza -1 Oranguru +1 Raikou.

2) Max Elixirs are a must. This is not an expensive deck, as it can be properly run with 0-1 Lele's, so Max Elixir gonna be the most expensive part of the deck. If you want a turn 2 Koko, or turn 1 is you go second and get lucky, Max Elixir is the only way to make that happen. +4 Max Elixir +3 Energy

3) -2 Clemont, With the increase in energy and addition of Max Elixirs you should have enough energy in hand and on your Pokemon. -1 Bridgette, Koko's ability only works from the hand, if you want to try Pokemon Fan Club instead. -1 Guzma, as you should be cycling Koko's effectively I think you can go down 1 here. -1 Skyla, personal preference to only run 1, as I am normally a fan of using Sycamore draw into tools or stadiums, over a guaranteed 1, but again personal preference.

4) +1 Scoop up, +1 Stretcher. -1 Baton, -1 Stadium. The way I view scoop up is if you have 4 in a deck you will see 3 throughout the game, have the opportunity to use 2, and then ultimately hit 1. With 3 I don't think you can "assure" 1 hit. I have not playtested batons but they could be really good, especially if you can flood your board with items and stadiums for that your opponent can only field blow so many, they may have to choose between the knockout or the baton. The only problem is the baton has to be on Koko so you can't have a Fighting Fury Belt on it too. I'd say playtest with 2-3 exp share in it's place just to see how they treat you.

Good Luck! Tell me what you think of my suggestions.

I can agree with all of these changes except the max elixir. My idea with this deck was to make it as cheap as possible (I already have 1 lele which I switch between decks). I did originally have max elixir in there, but when I saw the price, I wasn't really sure I wanted to spend that much. I'll definitely consider it but I'm not certain it'll be possible no my budget.

I think acerizzo13 covered all the important stuff and made all the suggestions I would've made. I do want to reinforce his Max Elixir suggestion though. I know you said they're a little outside your budget, but I feel like this deck needs them. Even if you can get 2-3 of them, I think you'll notice a big difference.

I understand the trouble. I pulled 3 Max Elixir when Breakpoint came out, and valued them at $2.50 a piece, they not sell for over $7.00. However, while they are not a staple of most decks, they are necessary in many and I guarantee they will be of use in decks over the next year, and then in Expanded for years to come. If you have to go without them still use the Raikou that is coming out in Shining Legends over the Rayquaza.

Back