Discussion Tapu Koko GX

Treydog

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, I was wondering on ways on how to run a tapu koko gx in a deck. What supporting pokemon or other attackers would be good for a tapu koko gx deck? I think tapu koko has great potential and want to know on ways to run it.

Hey, I was wondering on ways on how to run a tapu koko gx in a deck. What supporting pokemon or other attackers would be good for a tapu koko gx deck? I think tapu koko has great potential and want to know on ways to run it.
Depends on a few factors. How much of your area meta is Big Basic decks? How much is GX and EX based? These all factor into where you're headed as far as deck direction goes. If you have a lot of Big Basic decks, (Volcanian, Darkrai) then you should find more a Jolteon EX/Tapu-Koko GX style deck. if it's heavy in GX and EX (Not many Garbodor, Greninja, Zoroark, or Vespiqueens) then focus more on a Raikou version. If you have a lot of Everything, then go for a Drampa GX version. Its all dependedant on what you're looking at meta-wise.

Here's a Skeleton:

4 Tapu-Koko GX
2 Tapu-Lele GX
2 Shaymin EX

4 Sycamore
3 N
1-2 Lysandre
1-2 Kukui
1 Hex Maniac

4 Max Elixer
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainer's Mail
3-4 Fighting Fury Belt or Chioce Band (Meta call)
2-3 Max Potion
1-2 Field Blower
1 Super Rod

2-3 Aether Paradise

8-10 Electric Energy
0-4 Double Colorless (Drampa and Jolteon versions)

That's 55 cards, 5 to play with. You can mess around with numbers to fit your playstyle.

Depends on a few factors. How much of your area meta is Big Basic decks? How much is GX and EX based? These all factor into where you're headed as far as deck direction goes. If you have a lot of Big Basic decks, (Volcanian, Darkrai) then you should find more a Jolteon EX/Tapu-Koko GX style deck. if it's heavy in GX and EX (Not many Garbodor, Greninja, Zoroark, or Vespiqueens) then focus more on a Raikou version. If you have a lot of Everything, then go for a Drampa GX version. Its all dependedant on what you're looking at meta-wise.

Here's a Skeleton:

4 Tapu-Koko GX
2 Tapu-Lele GX
2 Shaymin EX

4 Sycamore
3 N
1-2 Lysandre
1-2 Kukui
1 Hex Maniac

4 Max Elixer
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainer's Mail
3-4 Fighting Fury Belt or Chioce Band (Meta call)
2-3 Max Potion
1-2 Field Blower
1 Super Rod

2-3 Aether Paradise

8-10 Electric Energy
0-4 Double Colorless (Drampa and Jolteon versions)

That's 55 cards, 5 to play with. You can mess around with numbers to fit your playstyle.

Thanks this helps me decide which way to go on the deck!

Back