• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Tangrowth TANK!!! (COL) Masters, Any.

Gengar_is_Pwnage

Happy 20th Sonic (Since '91)
3-3-1 Tangrowth x
2 Celebi Prime
2-2 Metapod HGSS
2-2 Sunflora
(Need one more 2-2 Line as a tech)<---- was running 2-2 Cherrim SF
Maybe 1-1 line of- Whimsicott (Elfuun) B/W? (when they come out) OR Something else that may be a better choice.

T/S/S
4 Bebes Search
3 Expert Belt
4 PONT
2 Rare Candies
2 Life Herb
1 Premier Ball (was there a re print of this card after GE?)
1 Engineers Adjustments
1 BTS

Energies:
{G} x11
Warp x2 (need else something else once COL comes out)
Rescue x3
DCE x4

Strategy: Get Tangrowth out ASAP, Metapod line is 2-2 incase one gets prized, and so I dont get burned to death. Attach E-belts and hit hard with as many energy as possible. Celebi Prime for extra Energy. Any suggestions?

for your extra 2-2 line I would add a 1-1 shaymin lv.x for 40+ hp which will make tangrowth a much better tank. Maybe then add an uxie and an azelf.

I would make these changes
-2 bebe's search
-1 expert belt
-2 PONT
(-5)

And add these:
+3 Pokemon Colector (is a staple in nearly every deck and you need it)
+2 BTS You want more of these to get your pokemon out faster otherwise you won't be able to keep up with SP and the rest

I think your running too many special energy so maybe think about reducing that amount

I wish I had a Landmin X, I would add it in if I had it. And I only have two BTS. Both in seperate decks. the 3 E-belts are for all 3 Tangrowths.
My only two Collectors are in my Gengar deck. Unless someone can trade me a Landmin X, this will go nowhere.

Anyone else?

maybe a cherrim line, either sunny day or cloudy sky poke-bodies. one is like a built in plus power, the other is like a built in half defender.

Well thats all good but I only have one AR Cherrim and 2 SF Cherrim (SF=Sunny Day AR= Cloudy Sky). IMO SF is better but its being rotated (I wish they would STOP rotating). Plus I want to try to take out the Cherrim line for something a little more updated, that does roughly the same things.

I assume you run a 2/1 or 1/2 AR/SF Tangrowth. Here are my theoretical best suggestions for your deck.

-1 - 1 Metapod
-2 Rare Candy
-2 Bebe's Search
-2 Professor Oak's New Theory
-2 Life Herb
-1 Premier Ball
-1 Engineer's Adjustments
-4 Double Colorless Energy
-3 Leaf Energy
-19 Cards

+1 Palmer's Contribution
+1 Rescue Energy
+1 - 1 Shaymin LV. X Land Form (Shaymin UL)
+2 - 2 Cherrim AR
+3 Pokemon Collector
+1 Azelf LA
+1 Unown Q
+4 Seeker
+2 Broken Time Space
+19 Cards

2 - 2 Metapod is overkill, and with Azelf LA and Seeker you'll be fine.
Rare Candy is not even close to worth playing in any deck with zero Stage 2's.
You run Sunflora, so Bebe's Search is not optimal, but still good.
4 Professor Oak's New Theory is too much, but it is good.
Life Herb is too flippy; you need to rely on your Tangrowth to survive instead.
With Sunflora and Palmer's, Premier Ball is not really needed.
Engineer's will, more often than not be a dead card. Meaning, you would rather attach the energy than discard it with Engineers; it would be the smarter choice most of the time.
Double Colorless Energy is not needed here. With Rescue Energy, Warp Energy, Celebi Prime, Shaymin UL, and Seeker, you have plenty of energy acceleration.
See previous line.
Palmer's is ridiculously necessary in most decks, including this one.
Shaymin helps increase occurences of Swallow Up, and increase Tangrowth survivability.
Cherrim decreases the damage Tangrowth takes, effectively increasing its health and heals per turn.
Pokemon Collector is invaluable in getting out your techs.
Azelf helps us get prized LV. X's and other techs with only one Pokemon.
Unown Q helps use Celebi Prime and Shaymin effectively.
Seeker uses Azelf and Shaymin to their highest effectiveness, clears bench space, and protects against sniping and spreading.
Broken Time Space speeds up your deck immensely, especially with Sunflora.

If you refuse to work with hypotheticals, I can't really help you.

@^.... notice it says COL Tangrowth. Meaning im going to be running both COL Tangela and Tangrowth... And again if I had most of those cards, I would add them. (See previous posts)

I do agree with the Seekers and Azelf LA though.

(Need one more 2-2 Line as a tech)<---- was running 2-2 Cherrim SF
Mayby Vespiqueen can help? 2 Combee with honey, 1 Vespiqueen sf, and 1 Vespiqueen ul. Also shaymin is an option: 2 ul + 1 land lvx & 1 sky lvx

Back