• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Tangrowth Serperior

RevYolution

Aspiring Trainer
I am an older player that has just gotten back into the game after ten or so years away. This is one of the decks that I have put together and wanted to get some input from people who really know what they are doing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Pokemon:
4x Tangela CL
2x Tangrowth CL
4x Snivy BW
3x Servine BW
2x Serperior BW
4x Evee UD
2x Leafeon RR
1x Leafeon UD
1x Leafeon MD
2x Magby CL
3x Magmar CL
2x Magmortar HGSS Tri

Supporter/Trainers:
2x Great Ball
2x Energy Retrieval
2x Pokemon Communication
2x Bebe's Search
2x Energy Search
2x Interviewer's Questions
2x Professor Elm's Training

Energies:
10x Grass
6x Fire

Theory:
Get Tangrowth out and use energy search's and interviewer to get energy's on it and use Grind. build up snivy on the bench with elm's and communication. Put out Serperior to heal any that have been hit. use retrieval to get energies back from retreating. if magby is drawn use it as a time waster to build up cards on the bench. leafeons are mostly just for testing just wanted to see how they play in a deck like this.

well, my first question to you is... are you aware that leafeon and great ball are cycling out?
secondly, I would personally drop all the fire pokemon in here, it seems like youre trying to combine 2 decks into 1. Tangrowth is good and all but you should mostly be attacking with plow over. I would also run lost removers because youre either gonna try to get rid of their energy or paralyze them. so i would take out Magmortars, leafeons and magby. I dunno there are just better cards to build a deck around.

Like I said I am a bit new back into the competitive game and am not really aware of what HGSS- on means.

OH that means that some of the cards in your deck will no longer be playable when they cycle out, which will be soon. leafeon and great ball arent going to be playable. But other than that I would take out the fire stuff and add what I mentioned earlier. :)

^ Shaymin and Celebi dont draw....

Shaymin UL (The only one in HGSS-on) and Celebi Prime, do the following:

Celebi Prime: When active you can attach one {G} extra per turn from your hand while Celebi Prime is active.

Shaymin UL Allows for Energy movment with its Power Celebration Wind.

However for your deck I sugggest this

-Magmortar lines (2-3-2)

I see what your trying to use them for. I do. But they can't. Water decks are going to scream popularity with the hype over Reshiboar/phlosion. Trust me. It just wont work. Plus 2-3-2 is an odd line.

+2-2-2 Emboar B/W

This guy helps in more than one way for Tangrowth.

a) Faster Energy attachment for Grind
b) When paired with Promo Shuckle You can draw massive amounts of Energy per turn, not to mention everything else.

So for the Shuckle
-4 Leafeon (all of them)

+4 Promo Shuckle.

As already stated. Hes faster draw power than Magnezone Prime. Heres why:

a) A stage 2 Draw power is much slower than Basic
b) W/Emboar, this will get just about everything you need out.

Now for the Energy.

-10 {G}
+10 {R}

Your going to want as many Fire Energy to attach as possible to both Tangrowth and Shuckle. This will help with that.

-2 Bebes, -2 Great Ball, -4 Eevee, -2 Interveiwers Questions,

+2 Pokedex, +2 Professor Juniper, +4 Pokemon Collector, +3 PONT (Professor Oaks New Theory)

All the above are staples but here are some scans for you.

Pokedex B/W
Professor Juniper
PONT
Pokemon Collector

Your welcome. Always happy to help. PM me if you want ideas for other decks. I always have the time.

Just play test this build to see if you like it.

GiP

Back