Talonflame BREAK, Captivating Pokepuff Promos!

I'm still confused on how that Pokepuff is a good card... You are almost helping the opponent. I guess it could work for a huge hand with shaymins in it, or it could bring out easy Lysandre targets, so it might see some play

1) you get to look at your opponents hand

2) you can force them to bench Shaymins (or Hoopa EX) which become great lysandre targets AND wastes them if the opponent has a reasonably big hand

3) you can bench night marchers to severely lower the maximum damage of night march which is BDIF (or bench other pokemon that want to go into the discard, such as vs Vespiquen or Exeggcute)

4) you can fill up the opponents bench paired with bench limiting stadium, resulting in them not being able to power up a suitable backup attacker OR not being able to bench their crucial bench warmers

5) you can fill up the opponents bench to increase the power of attacks which improve with the number of opponents benched pokemon (such as Zoroark, Lucario)

6) you can bench pokemon to allow for copying attacks from your own pokemon (Zoroark BREAK, M Gengar EX)

7) you can lower the opponent's hand size and then play a disruption card such as Delinquent, or Ghetsis in the non standard format to severely drop their hand size

8) you can get around a solo Jolteon EX by forcing them to bench another pokemon

i wouldnt put it into every deck but i think the above merits are enough to place it in some decks

I'm still confused on how that Pokepuff is a good card... You are almost helping the opponent. I guess it could work for a huge hand with shaymins in it, or it could bring out easy Lysandre targets, so it might see some play
Well, it's disruption. Pokepuff can force your opponent to put a Pokemon on the Bench that they don't want to put there, such as an Exeggecute or a Shaymin-EX at the wrong time. You also are filling your opponent's bench up with junk, making it difficult for them to set up and stream Pokemon. It's a similar disruption to Target Whistle.

It controls when your opponent gets to play down their basics, meaning you can foil their game plan. The fact that it is an item adds more to it's playability as a card

If Shaymin-EX gets played down through Captivating Pokepuff, could your opponent still use the ability? I mean I doubt it but you never know. If not then that would be OP imo.

If Shaymin-EX gets played down through Captivating Pokepuff, could your opponent still use the ability? I mean I doubt it but you never know. If not then that would be OP imo.
According to an official Japanese ruling, they can.

Can I please get a link to the "official Pokemon card blog", because no offense, but the wording on the pokepuff and the wording on Shaymin and hoopa contradict that ruling and I want to be sure that the "official" card blog is really official.

I mean, in all seriousness, the wording for Shaymin ex and Hoopa ex both say "when YOU play this card from your hand to the bench" and pokepuff says "you choose and you put down", not the opponent, thus messing up Shaymin and Hoopa. So, you can see my, let's say, disbelief in the ruling of such a thing based on wording.

The problem is, the official card blog is in Japanese, so nobody really knows 100% for sure what the text says in English.

Great...So once again, the wording is subject to the blog of some people I can't understand. -.-

Pokepuff seems to create a solid counter in the event we get any more Shaymin-esque cards. Creates something of a safety net for card design in the future, and I respect that.

Talonflame Break can be cute if you pull it off with the stage 2's neat starting ability. I could see a speedy build around that, especially if we see Break support cards in the future.

Back