• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Talonflame/Beedrill

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Decklist 9/15/17

4x Talonflame STS
3x Weedle CRI
4x Kakuna CRI (what makes this deck decent, if not amazing; its attack is pretty much Frogadier's Water Duplicates)
4x Beedrill EVO (definitely could go 3-1 with the Beedrill from Crimson Invasion, but I personally see that this is a better Beedrill in the long run for this deck. Its sniping capabilities and poisoning makes it infinitely better than the Crimson Invasion card)
1x Jirachi PR
(Possibly could add Tapu Lele GX, but personally, I'm going for the sort of Greninja playstyle)

4x Professor Sycamore
4x Lusamine
3x N
3x Guzma
2x Skyla
2x Wally
1x Gladion

4x Ultra Ball
3x Timer Ball (It's INCREDIBLY good in this deck)
2x Choice Band
2x Field Blower
2x Random Receiver
2x Revitalizer
2x Rare Candy
1x Super Rod

7x Grass Energy

Decklist 9/16/17

4x Talonflame STS
3x Weedle CRI
4x Kakuna CRI
4x Beedrill EVO
1x Jirachi PR
2x Tapu Lele GX

4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
3x Lusamine
2x Guzma
1x Skyla
1x Lillie

4x Ultra Ball
3x Timer Ball
2x Choice Band
2x Field Blower
2x Counter Catcher
2x Evosoda
2x Revitalizer
2x Rare Candy
1x Super Rod

7x Grass Energy

Decklist Update: 9/21/17
4x Weedle CRI
4x Kakuna CRI
4x Beedrill EVO
2x Alolan Vulpix
1x Alolan Ninetales
1x Tapu Lele GX
1x Jirachi PR

4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
3x Lusamine
2x Guzma
2x Skyla
1x Wally

4x Ultra Ball
3x Timer Ball
2x Counter Catcher
2x Rare Candy
2x Field Blower
2x Rescue Stretcher

1x Mount Lanakila

6x Grass Energy
3x Counter Energy

Last edited:
-2 Wally
-2 Random Reciever
-4 Talonflame
+2 Evosoda
+2 Alolan vulpix
+2 Tapu Lele GX
+1 Lillie
+ 1 N

Flame isn’t consistent as it makes 3-4 cards in your deck completely useless

-2 Wally
-2 Random Reciever
-4 Talonflame
+2 Evosoda
+2 Alolan vulpix
+2 Tapu Lele GX
+1 Lillie
+ 1 N

Flame isn’t consistent as it makes 3-4 cards in your deck completely useless
I was thinking between Vulpix and Talonflame, but I personally believe that Talonflame is the better option, simply because it can search anything out, not just Pokemon, plus free retreat. Of course, if you run Lele, Vulpix would be a decent choice. It's either/or. Wally would probably be the better option over Evosoda if you run Lele in my opinion, because you can search it out and use it first turn, setting up much more quickly.

I was thinking between Vulpix and Talonflame, but I personally believe that Talonflame is the better option, simply because it can search anything out, not just Pokemon, plus free retreat. Of course, if you run Lele, Vulpix would be a decent choice. It's either/or. Wally would probably be the better option over Evosoda if you run Lele in my opinion, because you can search it out and use it first turn, setting up much more quickly.
Yeah but Wally sucks after T1 not worth it IMO

It's kind of sad how good they made Alolan Ninetales. I was about to recommend trying Kricketot but why waste an energy just to search an extra poke when all 3 must be type specific(only affects Jirachi/Lele true, but that's kind of a big deal). :oops:

Personally I like the Talonflame's; there are other things to search apart from Wally and with 4 Ultra Ball's you can discard it when drawn on most occasions.
There is a concern that people might main-deck Peeking Red Card though; I like the look of it, at least, but maybe it's use is less effective than I am imagining.
Also should look into Counter Catcher and Counter Energy; in being similar Greninja BREAK you're also likely to lose a prize or two before you gain momentum...

Have you considered pairing Beedrill with Golisopod GX, though? It may not search, but having a solid threat early game while you build up some Beedrill's might be nice. Also works nicely with Beedrill's free retreat in general. You don't want to lose a Beedrill when finishing a threat.

Also think 1 Stadium card should be run alongside Lusamine; doesn't have to be hugely influential, but by having it you can counter opposing Stadiums without needing Field Blower...

Last edited:
It's kind of sad how good they made Alolan Ninetales. I was about to recommend trying Kricketot but why waste an energy just to search an extra poke when all 3 must be type specific(only affects Jirachi/Lele true, but that's kind of a big deal). :oops:

Personally I like the Talonflame's; there are other things to search apart from Wally and with 4 Ultra Ball's you can discard it when drawn on most occasions.
There is a concern that people might main-deck Peeking Red Card though; I like the look of it, at least, but maybe it's use is less effective than I am imagining.
Also should look into Counter Catcher and Counter Energy; in being similar Greninja BREAK you're also likely to lose a prize or two before you gain momentum...

Have you considered pairing Beedrill with Golisopod GX, though? It may not search, but having a solid threat early game while you build up some Beedrill's might be nice. Also works nicely with Beedrill's free retreat in general. You don't want to lose a Beedrill when finishing a threat.

Also think 1 Stadium card should be run alongside Lusamine; doesn't have to be hugely influential, but by having it you can counter opposing Stadiums without needing Field Blower...
Completely forgot about Counter Catcher, haha

I'm not too sure about running Golisopod GX, even running a 2-1 could ruin the consistency. It is definitely an option, though.

I've thought about using a Stadium, but I'm not sure which one I'd use, to be quite honest. I use Lusamine to get another Supporter and another Lusamine from the discard to effectively chain. I don't really know which Stadium would be necessarily "good" in this deck.

Completely forgot about Counter Catcher, haha

I'm not too sure about running Golisopod GX, even running a 2-1 could ruin the consistency. It is definitely an option, though.

I've thought about using a Stadium, but I'm not sure which one I'd use, to be quite honest. I use Lusamine to get another Supporter and another Lusamine from the discard to effectively chain. I don't really know which Stadium would be necessarily "good" in this deck.
Yeah the new Counter support is even better than some of the Supporter's with Prize clauses IMO.

Well the idea is to start Golisopod so that your Beedril have time to hit the field. It's not going to help the consistency in any direct sense, no, but simply being an efficient threat and something your opponent is forced to contend with is going to work to your favour.

Hmm, maybe just Mount Lanakila; limiting any Retreat costs can help the effectiveness of Guzma so that your Beedrill can snipe the Bench in relative safety.

Last edited:
Yeah the new Counter support is even better than some of the Supporter's with Prize clauses IMO.

Well the idea is to start Golisopod so that your Beedril have time to hit the field. It's not going to help the consistency in any direct sense, no, but simply being an efficient threat and something your opponent is forced to contend with is going to work to your favour.

Hmm, maybe just Mount Lanakila; limiting any Retreat costs can help the effectiveness of Guzma so that your Beedrill can snipe the Bench in relative safety.
I definitely like the idea of using Mount Lanakila, ye

Lele can really help but the problem is that now you have an easy guzma 2 prize target while the point of the deck is to have 1 prize attackers.

This seems like a good concept, although someone like Alolan Vulpix to get the Pokemon you need as well would be good.

This seems like a good concept, although someone like Alolan Vulpix to get the Pokemon you need as well would be good.

Hey alolan vulpix is actually a really good idea! greninja uses it so why not bees? I also realised that greninja has splash energy to power it up you might wan't to conider something like 4 rescue stretcher and maybe even a couple of buddy buddy rescues!

Yo guys, updated my decklist!
Decklist Update: 9/21/17
4x Weedle CRI
4x Kakuna CRI
4x Beedrill EVO
2x Alolan Vulpix
1x Alolan Ninetales
1x Tapu Lele GX
1x Jirachi PR

4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
3x Lusamine
2x Guzma
2x Skyla
1x Wally

4x Ultra Ball
3x Timer Ball
2x Counter Catcher
2x Rare Candy
2x Field Blower
2x Rescue Stretcher

1x Mount Lanakila

6x Grass Energy
3x Counter Energy

Personnaly I am against skyla and wally. In my frog list I run 4 n 3 lillie and 4 sycamore. Rare candy is good but you don't really need it and I found a maximum of 1 is good.
Also what is lusamine for? I also don't think Mount Lanikala is the best stadium choice like Aether paradise conservation area is probably alot better. Also evosoda is better than timer ball. 2 Alolan vulpix is really not very good you only want to run it as a 1 of and alolan Ninetales isn't good in this at all. And the whole point of the deck is to only use 1 prize attackers so lele is not very good.

- 2 Skyla
- 1 Wally
- 3 Lusamine
- 1 Timer ball
- 1 Rare Candy
- 1 Mount Lanikala
- 1-1 Vulpix line
- 1 Lele

+ 4 Lillie
+ 2/3 Aether Paradise Conservation Area
+ 3 Evosoda

And do what you wan't with the rest of the space or just add extra's of the stuff you already have!

Back