Help Sylveon GX

Celestrael

Aspiring Trainer
IMG_1817.PNG

Hi guys I'm new to the forums and a returned player (played competitively when I was a kid)! Things have changed a lot and I'm trying to acclimate to deckbuilding and new mechanics.

I was wondering if anyone else was trying to build a deck around the Guardians Rising Sylveon GX? Or have come across some deck lists so I can get some ideas? I'm nowhere near being able to post in the garage yet.

I was thinking of incorporating Xerneas, Sylveon GX and M Marwile Ex? It feels like it would be very fast and disruptive to others trying to set up. Burning Energy, bouncing back to hand, and being able to fish your deck for whatever you need.

There were a few builds of Sylveon in Japan, namely the top 16 Osaka regionals. All of them use Sylveon's first attack in combination with a powerful disruption engine, like Vileplume or Energy Denial, to slow your opponent down. Once you expend most of their resources and/or have a perfect set up on your field, you go in. Keep in mind, Japan is XY-on, so a good chunk of cards may be changed if you are building it here. The most budget friendly of the bunch is 4-3 line of Sylveon, 14 Fairy Energy, and a whole lot of disruption cards like Delinquent, Team Flare Grunt, Max Potion, and so on.

For more examples of deck lists: http://www.pokemon-card.com/info/2017/20170224_000634.html

I like being able to search for the 3 cards, but the 110 damage seems low, esp. With gx pokemon, which could take three turns to ko.

Not necessarily looking to use Sylveon as the primary damage dealer. Moreso:

- Open with Xerneas
- Geomancy onto Energy Evolution Eevee for insta-Sylveon.
- Use Magical Ribbon to fish out Powerful Pokémon's Components I Don't Have Already
- Use Plea GX to set back my opponent before switching to Powerful Pokémon
- Blast Indiscriminately with Powerful Pokémon.

I'm just trying to figure out what Powerful Pokémon would be best!
- M Gardevoir Ex?
- M Marwile Ex?
- M Alaria Ex?
- Something non-fairy that can be incorporated?

you could try some kind of eeveelutions deck, incorporating cards such as umbreon GX and espeon GX, and use a lot of disruption cards, like crushing hammers and delinquent

Sylveon is a good setup card for either Colorless, Dragon, or Fairy decks as the Eevee allows it to get out T1, and grab 3 cards, to get set up easily. Plea GX also helps a tad bit.

Yeah this is a deck i would want to go second with with eevee as active. Plus your opponent probably can't N you every turn

Last edited:
Sylveon is a good setup card for either Colorless, Dragon, or Fairy decks as the Eevee allows it to get out T1, and grab 3 cards, to get set up easily. Plea GX also helps a tad bit.

Do you know of a good fairy decklist (even skeleton)? Google fails me they are all several years old so not very useful :-(

There were a few builds of Sylveon in Japan, namely the top 16 Osaka regionals. All of them use Sylveon's first attack in combination with a powerful disruption engine, like Vileplume or Energy Denial, to slow your opponent down. Once you expend most of their resources and/or have a perfect set up on your field, you go in. Keep in mind, Japan is XY-on, so a good chunk of cards may be changed if you are building it here. The most budget friendly of the bunch is 4-3 line of Sylveon, 14 Fairy Energy, and a whole lot of disruption cards like Delinquent, Team Flare Grunt, Max Potion, and so on.

For more examples of deck lists: http://www.pokemon-card.com/info/2017/20170224_000634.html

Call me crazy, but that seems like the clunkier version of Quad Lapras.

I don't think this would be like quad Lapras. Mainly due to the main attacker is different and getting them set up is different. This would be more like an Umbreon GX deck :p Most decks are clunky right now with the exception of Volcanion and maybe a deck with Lurantis.

Played sylveon I'm a big tourney today. If u miss a energy or get hexed turn oneyou're done. Going back to the drawing board on this one. The disruption angle doesn't play out.

Yeah it's very inconsistent. I went 13-3, then 0-6, then 6-0. It just depends on what decks you're going up against. And yes if you get Hexed turn 1 or N'd a lot, it makes it tough on you. It may not be good for a tournament right now, but it will make you some hay on the ladder. A lot of times I think wins are just because people get annoyed and concede just because they don't want to deal with Sylveon.

Literally just beat a Sylveon thanks to a t1 Hex

Hex Maniac being searchable makes this a very dangerous deck to run without some sort of help. You can't just run four Eevee and expect to do well.

Getting N'd is less of a deal because you can still search out your Energy with Skyla -> Professor's Letter.

Back