• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sylveon-GX Prototype

Sean Jans

Aspiring Trainer
I've been testing out this prototype Sylveon-GX deck and I've attained a 59% win rate over the course of 30 games.

Find the deck here: http://imgur.com/a/l3sg8

I would like to tweak this deck to have more consistency and would appreciate any and all suggestions on how to improve this to the point of becoming meta-worthy.

Thanks!

Thank you. As for the Vaporeon, it provides an edge against the currently popular Volcanion decks.

I think the Vaporeon is a very good play because otherwise Volcanion would probably be a quick loss because it get's energy back so each. I do really like this deck, and have been thinking about it for myself and there are few suggestions and considerations i'd like to make.

My Suggestions:
+1 N orAce Trainer (Ace Trainer can be really good when you go for the deck out/stall approach that the deck likes to do)
-1 Ultra Ball or Delinquent
Normally I would suggest -1 Fairy Drop for this but I've thought about it for a few minutes and I like it, consider Pokemon Center Lady or the GUR Comfey if you are worried about paralysis or sleep.
Finally, wacky thing to consider, totally just a pick to surprise your opponent, SUM Skarmory, for a DCE discard all special energy attached to all Pokemon. Good luck!

I've been playing Sylveon and have gone 8 for 9 so far with it. I'd have played more games but it's really slow.

I personally would drop lele and Wobb altogether getting a first turn sylveon sets you up perfectly and making it a 4 in 7 chance of doing that is terrible odds.

Like someone else mentioned I'd drop an Ultra Ball as normally you won't need any especially if you dont play lele and wob.

Also I run 2 float stones and 2 enhanced hammers. 2 Deliquents could be overkill though I have had a game where it's been prized and I was really upset that I couldn't use it.

If you're curious here's my list. (I don't have Vaporeon as I haven't played a Volcanion yet but I'll probably drop the choice band for one if I do see one and struggle with it)

##Pokémon - 8

* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 4 Sylveon-GX GRI 92

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 2 Team Skull Grunt SUM 133
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 4 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 2 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 2 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 2 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 N NVI 101
* 4 Crushing Hammer SUM 115
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Max Potion BKP 103
* 1 Team Rocket's Handiwork FAC 112
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 12

* 10 Fairy Energy Energy 9
* 2 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I think the Vaporeon is a very good play because otherwise Volcanion would probably be a quick loss because it get's energy back so each. I do really like this deck, and have been thinking about it for myself and there are few suggestions and considerations i'd like to make.

My Suggestions:
+1 N orAce Trainer (Ace Trainer can be really good when you go for the deck out/stall approach that the deck likes to do)
-1 Ultra Ball or Delinquent
Normally I would suggest -1 Fairy Drop for this but I've thought about it for a few minutes and I like it, consider Pokemon Center Lady or the GUR Comfey if you are worried about paralysis or sleep.
Finally, wacky thing to consider, totally just a pick to surprise your opponent, SUM Skarmory, for a DCE discard all special energy attached to all Pokemon. Good luck!

Thanks for your suggestions dude, I'll be checking them out later today.

I've been playing Sylveon and have gone 8 for 9 so far with it. I'd have played more games but it's really slow.

I personally would drop lele and Wobb altogether getting a first turn sylveon sets you up perfectly and making it a 4 in 7 chance of doing that is terrible odds.

Like someone else mentioned I'd drop an Ultra Ball as normally you won't need any especially if you dont play lele and wob.

Also I run 2 float stones and 2 enhanced hammers. 2 Deliquents could be overkill though I have had a game where it's been prized and I was really upset that I couldn't use it.

If you're curious here's my list. (I don't have Vaporeon as I haven't played a Volcanion yet but I'll probably drop the choice band for one if I do see one and struggle with it)

##Pokémon - 8

* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 4 Sylveon-GX GRI 92

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 2 Team Skull Grunt SUM 133
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 4 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 2 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 2 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 2 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 N NVI 101
* 4 Crushing Hammer SUM 115
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Max Potion BKP 103
* 1 Team Rocket's Handiwork FAC 112
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 12

* 10 Fairy Energy Energy 9
* 2 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I'm liking the look of this deck. Though with only 4 basics (Eevees), how often have you been donked?

I'm liking the look of this deck. Though with only 4 basics (Eevees), how often have you been donked?
Never. People don't really donk as much on Standard as it's better in expanded with AZ, Scoop Up, Muscle Band etc etc.

Back