Discussion Sylveon GX in Gardevoir GX?

Sylveon is the best choice don't listen to what anyone else says. U can easily search for 3 of any card in your deck setting you up for anything. And as far as plea gx goes it's the best attack in the game bar none. You can easily guzma someone useless to the active and send 2 of there most powerful pokemon up to their hand. And if the only have 2 metegross that means game over. It's simple, play sylveon if u want to win
There's a risk that the cards you searched will be N'd away. Sylveon is a good partner for Gardevoir yes, but it's not the de facto best one. Diancie is more consistent in the early game because Sparkling Wish evolves your Pokemon, even on the very first turn you get to attack.

There's a risk that the cards you searched will be N'd away. Sylveon is a good partner for Gardevoir yes, but it's not the de facto best one. Diancie is more consistent in the early game because Sparkling Wish evolves your Pokemon, even on the very first turn you get to attack.
There is no more vs seeker. Therefore don't be afraid of an N when you can reuse the most broken search attack in the game

There is no more vs seeker. Therefore don't be afraid of an N when you can reuse the most broken search attack in the game

This is only true depending on which turn of the game you're on. Nowadays, N's frequency is, on average, the lowest during the middle of the game when people are playing Skylas, Acerolas, Guzmas, and Sycamore for strategy to push their set ups forward instead.

VS Seeker is useless for early game, but great for mid to late game. Drawing VS Seeker is useless if you don't draw your supporters and use/discard them first.

Everyone now runs Tapu Lele GX at 3 if they can afford it, which is great for seeing supporters early game. 4 Ultra Ball, 3 Tapu Lele GX, 4 N in everyone's deck. That's 11 ways you can reach N at the start of any game. Early game N's are far more likely now that VS Seeker is gone and Tapu Lele counts and N counts are up to accomodate. Most people used to only run 3 N and 2 Tapu Lele GX because there was no point in cluttering your deck/risking an unoptimal opening Pokemon with excess counts when you had VS Seeker to recycle the first one you played.

When you're considering Alolan Vulpix vs Diancie vs Sylveon GX, you have to consider their primary role which is getting set up, aka the first 2-3 turns of the game.

Your set up is fragile because of how much early supporter access people have now. People literally go out of their way to Ultra Ball, Lele, N when I just use Beacon in Alolan Ninetales GX decks, and I'll tell you it works, and I lose games to getting N'd and not having my evolutions for another 2 to 3 turns while my opponent sets up since they play out as much of their hand as they can and then N me.

If I'm up against a Sylveon GX, I will do everything in my power to N away Magical Ribbon. You said it yourself. It literally is the most broken search attack in the game. That's exactly why I will always play N when I see it. I'm not letting anyone keep 3 cards of their choice.

You should always be afraid of N when using Magical Ribbon, and if people don't N your Ribbon that means they have confidence that their set up is better than yours even if you keep the Ribbon, or they bricked and they're going to lose the game to bricking regardless of what you do.

If you like Sylveon GX then go for it. All 3 set up options for Gardevoir GX have merrit. I'm not saying that Sylveon GX is worthless - I just don't like playing cards where you're not in control of the outcome. I also don't agree with your reasoning at all.

So? Everyone has Tapu Lele GX and are running 4 Ns. It's not hard to N multiple turns in a row in response to Magical Ribbon

You guys are idiots, you want your opponent to waste their N early game meaning they didn't Bridgette and you get a fresh 6 card hand. They've wasted there lele spot and if u haven't drawn into rare candy gardy at this point. You can just use the most broken search attack in the game yet again while your opponent struggles to pull off another N in a time of no vs seeker.

You guys are idiots, you want your opponent to waste their N early game meaning they didn't Bridgette and you get a fresh 6 card hand. They've wasted there lele spot and if u haven't drawn into rare candy gardy at this point. You can just use the most broken search attack in the game yet again while your opponent struggles to pull off another N in a time of no vs seeker.
Duo brings up very good points about Magical Ribbon. Did you not read those?

Honestly, I don't like it when people call other people idiots for not agreeing with them and that's discouraging for other players.

I'm trying to help u out because they are discouraging you in playing something good by making you worry about shuffle cards like N. Listen to them if you want I tried to help u

You're just wrong though. Your opponent will always get to play Brigette before you can even Magical Ribbon once. And you are vastily over estimating the "struggle" your opponent has in playing Ns. They too get fresh hands of 6 and with 4 in deck they are bound to draw it and not need to use Lele every turn to chain Ns. Not to mention that if you just want to make your opponent use their Ns up early Aloan Vulpix does the exact same while being less deck intensive, not energy required and only gives up one prize.

Wasting an N?

That's cute. I was going to bother composing a post, but since you didn't read my previous one there's no point.

You do you, dude.

Back