• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sylveon GX + Cyrus Prism Star Sweep

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
So, Cyrus reduces your opponent's bench down to 2, and Sylveon puts 2 of your opponent's Pokemon into their hand. You thinking what I'm thinking? This deck sounds too good not to trial, and could be one of the craziest but most destructive decks in the format played in the right way. I will of course explain his this deck works below the list.

3 Eevee SUM
3 Sylveon GX GRI
2 Porygon BUS
2 Porygon-Z BUS
2 Chimchar ULP
2 Infernape ULP
2 Seviper BUS
2 Salandit GRI
2 Salazzle GRI
2 Wishiwashi SUM
2 Tapu Lele GX GRI

4 Ultra Ball SUM
4 Rare Candy SUM
4 Float Stone BKT
2 Field Blower GRI
2 Counter Catcher CRI

4 N FCO
2 Guzma BUS
2 Brigette BKT
1 Gladion CRI
1 Cyrus☆ ULP

6 Fairy Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

This will take some explaining so let's get straight to it.

Sylveon GX/Cyrus: This empties your opponent's bench and is the focus of this deck. We need a way to KO the active Pokemon though, which is where Infernape, Porygon-Z, Salazzle and Seviper come in.

Infernape: Infernape lets you put 6 damage counters on Burned Pokemon, which means your Salazzle can do 70 damage with it's special conditions, which can KO pretty much any evolving basic(Apart from Pokemon like Type: Null), and with Porygon-Z's help, you'll be doing just that.

Porygon-Z: Porygon-Z is pretty much our only mid turn devolution option right now, so it is our weapon of choice in this deck. You can bring a 210HP Zoroark right down to a 60HP zorua and KO it with Hot Poison thanks to Porygon-Z.

Salazzle: You'll want to evolve your Salandit on the turn you plan to win, provided everything is set up. Infernape means the special conditions do 70 damage, leaving Salazzle to score a between turns KO after Porygon-Z's devolution, which is how you win the game, seeing as your opponent will have no benched Pokemon to replace it with.

Seviper: Increases Poison damage in case the Pokemon you're trying to KO has more than 70HP such as Dartrix or Kirlia. Takes up a bench space though.

Wishiwashi: If you don't have a Water or Metal type Pokemon in the active, you can't use Cyrus. The Sun and Moon base set Wishiwashi is the best option here, as it has the Ability Cowardice. It states:
Once during your turn, you may return this Pokemon (discard all cards attached to it) to your hand. This means we can use Cyrus, then get rid of Wishiwashi and put Sylveon straight into the active ready to use Plea GX and win you the game.

Counter Catcher: We need to trap a weak Pokemon in the active, and although Counter Catcher requires you to be behind on prizes to essentially Lysandre, seeing as we're not actually taking any prizes, it's the best option in this case as we need Cyrus to be our supporter for the turn.

N: We're not playing Sycamore as we don't want to be discarding because we need a lot of cards to pull this strategy off, and I would play Cynthia, but we're always N'ing ourselves to 6 as we don't take prizes, so I'd rather constantly force my opponent to shuffle their hand back in to disrupt them. 4 N and no less.

Gladion: If we prize Cyrus(which we will do 10% of the time), we need to get it out ASAP and Gladion is the best way to do so. However, we might prize Gladion and Cyrus at the same time, and if we do, it is unfortunately pretty much an automatic loss. There is only a 1 in 118 chance of this happening though, so don't worry too much about that.

So, the overall strategy is:
Trap a weak Pokemon in the active(Counter Catcher), retreat your active Pokemon, Float Stone(which we play 4 of to help with this as it is crucial to make this deck work) or otherwise, put Wishiwashi active, use Cyrus to reduce your opponent's bench to 2, use Cowardice to return Wishiwashi to your hand, put Sylveon active, evolve your Salandit to activate Burn and Poison, devolve with Porygon-Z, use Sylveon's GX attack to put the remaining 2 Pokemon into your opponents hand, then their active will get KO'd due to the damage of special conditions thanks to Infernape and you will win. Eventually.

You might think this isn't playable because of how difficult it is to set up, but I just want to see someone, somewhere, somehow win by sweeping their opponent's board with this method. The good thing about this deck is that it will be able to survive the XY rotation and come out almost the same afterwards. I think it does have the potential to win some games, but it is in no way close to the BDIFs, and just a fun rogue deck I wanted to share with you all. As always, suggestions are always welcomed and thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Cyrus only works if your active is metal or water, so the deck.... oops just noticed wishiwashi. Looks good, but relatively clunky with the need to get out 4 pokemon to pull off the combo.

This deck screams clunky, and you'll need multiple Decidueye out, so added clunkiness there, but Sylveon can always Magical Ribbon to get you the cards you need. Provided you don't get N'ed...

Your gonna have to be able to get sylveon out of active and then back in active more times then you might think so switches might be in order

Good call, but I've worked it out so I only need a float stone on a sylveon with fairy + DCE because Wishiwashi has a built in AZ and doesn't use up your supporter whilst doing it. I might put a Switch or 2 in if the 4 Float Stone doesn't work out though.

Why not do a salazzle/seviper with porygon z build? Cyrus, devolve (porygon), salazzle, Sylvon GX, knock out the 60 HP basic. I honestly and truly think Decidueye is the wrong approach for a deck like this. Maybe even put in a tapu koko for spread damage early. Put whichever 60HP basic they have in range of a Slazzle burn/poison with two seviper.

Ok looking at it now it does make a lot more sense to play a Porygon-Z/Seviper build than Decidueye. That way I can also play Infernape from Ultra Prism. Thanks for all the help you guys have been amazing, and quite frankly I didn't fancy splashing out some cash on Decidueyes. I will change the list to fit the advice :)

Back