• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Sylveon EX/ Xerneas BREAK deck 2017 format (Seeking input)

Fox47

Aspiring Trainer
(I apologize I am rusty on the game and new to deck building especially in newer formats.)

Pokemon - 10

Sylveon EX x4
Geomancy Xerneas x2
Xerneas BREAK x2
Shaymin EX x2

Trainers - 38
Sycamore x4
Shauna x4
Fighting Fury Belt x4
Parallel City x2
Fairy Garden x2
Max Elixir x4
Trainer's Mail x1
Olympia x4
Hex Maniac x4
Ultra Ball x4
Town Map x1
Crushing Hammer x4

Energy - 12
Fairy Energy x12

Strategy
Build energy on Sylveon, evolve Xerneas to Xerneas BREAK. Amp up BREAK's attack with benched pokemon, heal with Sylveon when needed.

I'm somewhat having gripes about this.

I would have more Xerneas and breaks if I want it to be my main attacker.

Even though shauna is nice, it's fairly weak in terms on what draw support is available, run N's.

I would tone down the FFB and add in exp share as fall back when your Pokemon gets knocked out.

I wouldn't really worry about disruption all too much so I wouldn't really run parallel city and crushing hammers. And town map is okay but really not needed to be honest. Your supporter line is very very chunky.
I would slim down the supporter line and add in 4 vs seeker.. You don't need 4 hex maniac and 4 olympia. For more added consistency I would run 4 more trainers mails. I get it that you're new, but this is what I like to call deck fatigue. You just need to hit and be consistent with this deck. Having 4 of the same supporter that doesn't help you draw will hurt you in the end.

After discussing it on other forums and doing more research I've changed it a bit. Also, I've removed the Shaymins as I wasn't aware Tournament Promo's were not legal. Those are too big of an investment for me to make.

I wasn't aware of EXP share until just now, it would work really well in this. Do you need to buy the XY version of the cards or is buying the BW version fine seeing as they both have the same text?

Thinking of maybe adding a Silent Lab to counter Shaymins since I will not be running any?

Revised list.

Pokemon 11

4 Xerneas

3 Xerneas BREAK

3 Sylveon EX

1 Lugia EX

Trainers 37

4 Sycamore

2 N

2 Shauna

2 Lysandre

1 Hex Maniac

4 Ultra Ball

4 Vs seeker

4 Trainers Mail

3 Exp Share

4 Max Elixir

1 Super Rod

2 Fighting Fury Belt

2 Fairy Garden

2 Parallel City

Energy 12

12 Fairy Energy

After discussing it on other forums and doing more research I've changed it a bit. Also, I've removed the Shaymins as I wasn't aware Tournament Promo's were not legal. Those are too big of an investment for me to make.

I wasn't aware of EXP share until just now, it would work really well in this. Do you need to buy the XY version of the cards or is buying the BW version fine seeing as they both have the same text?

Thinking of maybe adding a Silent Lab to counter Shaymins since I will not be running any?

Revised list.

Pokemon 11

4 Xerneas

3 Xerneas BREAK

3 Sylveon EX

1 Lugia EX

Trainers 37

4 Sycamore

2 N

2 Shauna

2 Lysandre

1 Hex Maniac

4 Ultra Ball

4 Vs seeker

4 Trainers Mail

3 Exp Share

4 Max Elixir

1 Super Rod

2 Fighting Fury Belt

2 Fairy Garden

2 Parallel City

Energy 12

12 Fairy Energy

Tournament promos? Shaymin EX is a roaring skies card. I would put back those two. Lugia EX is a pretty nice tech for xerneas break tbh.

my final revision of the deck would be

-2 Shauna
+2 Shaymin EX.

You need the draw support and shauna gives up a supporter slot for the turn.

parallel city is not bad but i would bump up the fairy garden count

-1 Fairy energy
+1 fairy garden.

btw, i currently run and building a giratina/xerneas break deck. So i wanna see how this turns out.

When I was compiling the list I was checking card prices as I went and saw the Promo version of Shaymin EX was only $10 so I put it on initially thinking I could run it. However that is not the case as those promo's aren't tournament legal and I am not willing to spend $140 (more than my budget for this deck) on 2 copies of the Roaring Skies version for something I'm only just getting into and will likely only play casually, at least at the start as I learn it.

I might pick up 2 of the promo versions for casual play or if the TO at my locals don't care but otherwise I have to leave it out for budget reasons.

I will certainly bump up the fairy garden count though, it's sort of key to this deck so I don't know why I put it so low.

When I was compiling the list I was checking card prices as I went and saw the Promo version of Shaymin EX was only $10 so I put it on initially thinking I could run it. However that is not the case as those promo's aren't tournament legal and I am not willing to spend $140 (more than my budget for this deck) on 2 copies of the Roaring Skies version for something I'm only just getting into and will likely only play casually, at least at the start as I learn it.

I might pick up 2 of the promo versions for casual play or if the TO at my locals don't care but otherwise I have to leave it out for budget reasons.

I will certainly bump up the fairy garden count though, it's sort of key to this deck so I don't know why I put it so low.

*smiles at you*

Hi Fox47,

Nice list. Based on the fact that Shaymin Ex is too expansive for you consider these modifications:

- 1 Parallel City (suffices as a 1-off since you have no shaymin ex that you might have wanted to discard with it)
- 1 Trainer's Mail (three have been sufficient for me and i needed the space)
- 1 Fairy energy (needed the space)

+ 1 Fairy Garden (nice free retreat option, most of the time you will want to retreat the Pokémon Ex from experience)
+ 2 Double Colorless Energy (counts as two energies for Xerneas BREAK and speeds the deck up)

You could also look into an alternate built with Giratina Ex in case Mega Pokémon are popular in your local meta. You only need to make a few adjustments to to so. Here is a proposal for the adjustments based on the modifications of your original list outlined above:

- 2 Double Colorless Energy (we will run Double Dragon Energy with Giratina Ex)
- 1 Sylveon Ex (two will suffice with Giratina Ex)
- 1 Lugia Ex (we want to fit in Giratina Ex)

+ 2 Double Dragon energy (Similar to Double Colorless Energy this will count as two energies for Life Stream and it will allow Giratina Ex to attack)
+ 2 Giratina Ex (Nice Mega Pokémon blocker. The Pokémon ability and the effect of the attack combined can hurt Mega Pokémon decks)

You could also look into teching one Klefki into either version in case Mega Pokémon are common in your local meta. Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Hi Fox47,
+ 2 Double Colorless Energy (counts as two energies for Xerneas BREAK and speeds the deck up)

Doesn't Xerneas BREAK's attack only work for fairy energy?

EDIT: I was wrong sorry for bothering you

Back