Superhero shows anyone?

Elegeek

Aspiring Trainer
Anybody watch any superhero shows anymore? You know, Teen Titans, Batman, Superman, Spider-man, Iron man....

If you've never watched any Superhero cartoons, you're missing out. Some of them are complete garbage (The 90's "Spider-Man", 90's Iron Man), but most of them are the best stuff on tv.

Got any favorites? For me, I'd have to say between Iron Man: Armored Adventures, The Spectacular Spider-Man, and Batman Beyond.

Give your opinions, earthlings!

mammaluigi said:
in my eyes, all the new animated Super hero shows on cartoon network SUCK.
Sorry, got no opinion.

Totally agree with you, my man. All I can think of is Batman: The Brave And The Bold and (Ugh)The Superhero Squad show(Which is just superheroes making fart jokes and such.(It's really aimed toward little kids.)). CN was better when they showed Batman Beyond and Teen Titans.

omahanime said:
I watch Iron Man: Armored Adventures.

Great show. I loved the Technovore/Crimson Dynamo episodes. :D

mammaluigi said:
in my eyes, all the new animated Super hero shows on cartoon network SUCK.
Sorry, got no opinion.

QFT

Yeah Cartoon Network has really gone under, Toonami gets cancelled, Anime backlash, hardly anything good on Adult Swim, Batman: Brave and the Bold gets cancelled in favor of Super Hero Action Squad. Only decent Anime on CN is Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's got cancelled due to 4Kids going under...

As for Super Hero Action Squad, what a lame show. Marvel heroes and villians in miniatures form? What were they thinking. Now you know what happens when a company like Disney owns Marvel Entertainment. -____-

I would have to say that Batman Beyond was great show. Sadly it doesn't come anymore, but still that was a nice show.

Aww, you guys hate The Brave and the Bold? I think it's a lot of fun. I can understand complaints of it not being an arc-based epic, but it is a throw-back to the Silver Age, after all.

@Card Slinger J
Disney's has done pretty good with Marvel. The Spectacular Spider-man has been considered by professionals to be the best Spider-man series ever done, but it didn't get a lot of attention because of the network change and just plain bad advertising. Unfortunatly it's not getting renewed for a third season, but Disney is making a new Spidey series in 2011 or something.

@Zenith
Yeah it is a throwback, but personally, I don't like it because of the whole "team up with batman" thing. "Oooo, who's teaming up with Bats next week? Aquaman? Wheee. And next week? Captain Marvel? SHAZAM!" >_>

But the team-ups are the entire point of the show

That's like not liking House because House is a jerk.

Zenith said:
But the team-ups are the entire point of the show

That's like not liking House because House is a jerk.

So I don't like the show because of the plot/direction/idea of the show?

.....No, really?

Did you expect me to not like it because of casting choices? Terrible battle music? Because I hate CN?

I don't watch Oprah because I don't like cheesy talk shows. I don't watch B:TBATB because of the whole team-up thing. It's not a terrible show, but I just don't think it's worth my time.

#1weavile said:
I used to watch TMNT and teen titans

Nothing beats Old School TMNT I don't care what anybody says. The villians in that series had as much support as the heroes and TMNT: Turtles In Time was a true testament of that in video game form.

Bebop and Rocksteady were cool villians, as was Krang, the Alligator Man, and Fly Man. It wasn't just the Foot Soldiers and Shredder like the new series mainly employs.

In the old series the turtles had character development but in the newer series it seems like they're just hollow versions of their former selves. The New School TMNT takes a much darker tone compared to the Old series.

Elegeek said:
@Card Slinger J
Disney's has done pretty good with Marvel. The Spectacular Spider-man has been considered by professionals to be the best Spider-man series ever done, but it didn't get a lot of attention because of the network change and just plain bad advertising. Unfortunatly it's not getting renewed for a third season, but Disney is making a new Spidey series in 2011 or something.

Oh I'm sure they have, comic book wise Spider-Man has been going downhill since the Marvel Civil War started and was literally stripped of what made him Spidey no thanks to Joe Quesada. Pete is forced into a divorce with MJ, becomes a fugitive in the U.S., makes a pact with the devil, and there's so much other bullcrap that doesn't make any sense.

The Spider-Man series on FOX Kids back in the 90's was the best Spider-Man series IMO. Which company is hurting Spidey worse these days? Marvel or Disney? I'd say both. Sadly I lost any sympathy I had for Spider-Man and Stan Lee and Steve Ditko aren't the one's to blame, the blame is on Joe Quesada who apparently doesn't understand Spider-Man's character and Peter Parker that well.

Card Slinger J said:
Oh I'm sure they have, comic book wise Spider-Man has been going downhill since the Marvel Civil War started and was literally stripped of what made him Spidey no thanks to Joe Quesada. Pete is forced into a divorce with MJ, becomes a fugitive in the U.S., makes a pact with the devil, and there's so much other bullcrap that doesn't make any sense.

The Spider-Man series on FOX Kids back in the 90's was the best Spider-Man series IMO. Which company is hurting Spidey worse these days? Marvel or Disney? I'd say both. Sadly I lost any sympathy I had for Spider-Man and Stan Lee and Steve Ditko aren't the one's to blame, the blame is on Joe Quesada who apparently doesn't understand Spider-Man's character and Peter Parker that well.
I am sure there are others at Marvel besides Joe Quesada that deserve the blame. Wasn't it Brubaker who had Ironman expose his identity to save a dog.

Ever since the Marvel Civil War, secret identities are pretty much irrelevant compared to DC Comics where it's still relevant. True DC has their fair share of bad comics and story arcs, however DC isn't doing quite as bad as Marvel right now.

I guess comparing Japanese Manga to American Comics is like comparing apples to oranges. American Comics focuses too much on politics as Japanese Manga focuses less on it, you'd really think the U.S. would learn from Japan by now.

To Marvel surrealism = money, they don't care about the readers anymore. The more surreal it is the more it sells. DC on the other hand has ventured into surrealism in their comics but not quite as bad as Marvel has though I must say that 9/11 was justifiable. It made sense for comics to reflect on a national tragedy and I respect that.

I just think Marvel sometimes goes too far compared to DC.

Card Slinger J said:
Ever since the Marvel Civil War, secret identities are pretty much irrelevant compared to DC Comics where it's still relevant. True DC has their fair share of bad comics and story arcs, however DC isn't doing quite as bad as Marvel right now.

I guess comparing Manga to American Comics is like comparing apples to oranges. American Comics focuses too much on politics as Japanese Manga focuses less on it, you'd really think the U.S. would learn from Japan by now.

To Marvel surrealism = money, they don't care about the readers anymore. The more surreal it is the more it sells. DC on the other hand has ventured into surrealism in their comics but not quite as bad as Marvel has though I must say that 9/11 was justifiable. It made sense for comics to reflect on a national tragedy and I respect that.

I just think Marvel sometimes goes too far compared to DC.

From what I read about what is happening in Batman, I don't know if I would DC that much credit.

Card Slinger J said:

I'm surprised anyone likes the 90's series. I've seen most of the episodes, and it's filled with screwed up costumes, insane storylines, and all that junk with Madam Web and other demensions. It was probably the best thing that happened to Spidey though, because of it's huge popularity with kids back then.

It's not so much that Disney is doing anything wrong, it's that they have completely no idea how to run Superhero cartoons. The show(s) themselves are outstanding, but Disney seems to think that Hannah Montana and Kick Buttowski(?) deserve more marketing and advertising than Spider-man. When The Spectacular Spider-Man ran, it would get a cheap 20 second commercial that didn't do the show justice at all.

In fact, another superhero-like show Disney did wrong: Aaron Stone. It's not half bad, but suffered the same as Spidey, plus bad scripting and acting.

I don't keep up with the comics side of it so much, but all I know is that Spidey's getting the short end of the rope, and he's almost at the end of it.

Wait, I just read the Wiki file on the comics.

Yeah, Spider-man is getting the short end.

o_O

Back