Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

For anyone who doesn't know, NA demo comes out September 19, so we won't have to wait much longer.

PMJ said:
For anyone who doesn't know, NA demo comes out September 19, so we won't have to wait much longer.

I just really want to see how this game plays before I get my hands on a real copy in early October.

Earlier TheJWittz found and Ice Climbers trophy...
"Never forget." -TheJWittz

Oh, and during his stream some people were saying Ganondorf's customs include his blade sometimes!

As for the demo, the Special Edition codes are pretty much gone now. The Free release is 30 uses, unlike the unlimited Special, and comes out on the 19th.

Chocolate Death said:
Earlier TheJWittz found and Ice Climbers trophy...
"Never forget." -TheJWittz

Oh, and during his stream some people were saying Ganondorf's customs include his blade sometimes!

As for the demo, the Special Edition codes are pretty much gone now. The Free release is 30 uses, unlike the unlimited Special, and comes out on the 19th.

And that's what makes the Special Demo so Special.

Right?

EDIT: I guess those 30 uses are gone in less than a day.

30 uses mean 30 boots of the game, not 30 matches. 30 should be more than enough until release, unless you constantly want to switch between Pokémon and Smash for some reason. lol

Does anyone know a site with tips on how to play the demo characters? Especially villager?

The uses are for when you open app itself, not for each match.

Only demo complaint I have is random is not so random. I had Megaman VS villager 5 times in a row. I am sure that when the full game is out, the RNG chooses more people drastically reducing this

30 uses means to boot the game 30 times (thanks people), in that case, that's fair.

I really like Megaman, but I like Link more than Megaman.
Like Teal said any tips?

Teal said:
30 uses mean 30 boots of the game, not 30 matches. 30 should be more than enough until release, unless you constantly want to switch between Pokémon and Smash for some reason. lol

Does anyone know a site with tips on how to play the demo characters? Especially villager?

.....Omg it's like you're watching me lol. I keep switching because my bf doesn't have or need the demo and I need to catch up to him on pokemon. But the infinite demo is good for training.
As for advice with Villager, who I've been maining as on this demo... Hmm... I'd say make use of the flower pot often. Something you can do is use the Flower Pot alongside Lloid Rocket. Also, only use Timber on your own bud and only when the enemies aren't right by you or focused on you. Until the tree is going to fall that is. And, finally, for Balloon Trip you should aim away from the stage until you're high enough above. One hit can take out both balloons.

Got the demo, and love the game so far. Link is super strong forreaalz. Only problem is me forgetting to spiral jump upwards when I'm falling to die lol.

Geez CPU Mario on 6 is OP keeps flagging and killing omg. Btw I saw Pikachu do a few Quick Attacks with more than 2 jolts... Is that new? I saw 3 twice and 4 once.

Villager seems really terrifying from what I've played in the demo. S/he hits hard, can pocket almost anything, and has an insanely reliable recovery move.

Villager isnt that bad. The only thing I hate is the recovery. I throw him off the stage, he is falling, right next to blast zone! And he becomes a balloon fighter and flies all the way up to the stage. Really annoying.

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
Villager seems really terrifying from what I've played in the demo. S/he hits hard, can pocket almost anything, and has an insanely reliable recovery move.

Including Rocket Lloid, thrown items, and I've even seen Mega Man's little pellet things get picked up.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Villager isnt that bad. The only thing I hate is the recovery. I throw him off the stage, he is falling, right next to blast zone! And he becomes a balloon fighter and flies all the way up to the stage. Really annoying.

You know each time you press B you go up, right? I'm guessing holding it makes you go up too fast. Besides, you can press A to get off, you know.

Wow so I guess we will have to wait a few more days for the demo. Not sure when I can do that though. When I can finally play my 3DS again I will try to do the demo if it is still there.:)

I was watching Justin Flynn's twitch smash stream and a shiny Swirlix popped out of a pokeball!! The entire time it was out, it had some little sparkles. It looks like, just like in pokemon, they're rare and the differences are only cosmetic. But its nice to see they're in! Now if only we could just get a shiny Lucario for once...

Clearly you didn't read the post or figure it out. Alph is an Olimar costume, or rather a Pikmin costume (which is possibly now the reason it's Pikmin &).

In the "Pic of the Day" it really seems like they're different characters...it said "They are different characters, so they each get their own title treatment on the character select screen."

(Though, I only pay attention to the Pic of the Day. That's my only source of info about these games.)

Seven is a Color said:
In the "Pic of the Day" it really seems like they're different characters...it said "They are different characters, so they each get their own title treatment on the character select screen."

(Though, I only pay attention to the Pic of the Day. That's my only source of info about these games.)
Alph's really just a different colour, but with some extra changes. If you change Olimar's colour so he becomes Alph, the name of the character changes to Alph, the announcer will call him Alph, the victory screen will show "Alph", etc. This is what Sakurai was referring to. Unlike Dr. Mario or Lucina, Alph and Olimar play exactly the same, so giving him a different spot on the roster would be pointless.

Seven is a Color said:
Alph was confirmed a few days ago, but why isn't he in the final roster?

Alph was not confirmed as a character. He was confirmed as an alternate costume for Olimar.

He's not in the roster because he's not a character.

Back