Fakemon Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Fangame]

Raonak

Aspiring Trainer
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition | Beta 0.74 (Nov 2014)
Bu49gcv.png

Welcome back to the second generation.

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition is a Pokemon game unlike any other.
This game takes place in the second generation, so graphics and Pokemon are mostly from G/S/C.
The game also has influences from Final Fantasy, namely in the story, battle system and soundtrack, which is entirely filled with music from FF7/8.

zTaBiQi.gif

Storyline

You play as Gold, a rookie trainer who is gifted an Eevee, but not a normal Eevee, this Eevee has the uncanny ability to switch evolutions at will, even in the middle of battle.
KtXSyYD.gif

Gold's with his Super Eevee set out across the region to beat the gym leaders, but things get complicated when he meets M, an entity who reveals the true nature of his world.
Six god-like entities, called hypervisors, which M is one of, control the world. The hypervisors have initiated a plan to reboot the game into the third generation. A generation with better graphics, expanded features and brand new Pokemon.
But it would come at a great cost....

The third generation brings with it, a new data structure, meaning the current generation would be incompatible. A total reboot would be required. Destroying the second generation to replace it with the third. This would mean the death of countless humans and Pokemon.

Now Gold must go on an epic quest to kill the five hypervisors, a quest to stop the coming of the third generation, a quest... to save the world.

This is his story.

Features

Eevee Edition features an Active Battle System reminiscent of earlier Final Fantasy games, your whole team of four Pokemon are out in battle. They fight as a team against the enemy team. The battle is not turn based, rather realtime. And Pokemon have infinite movesets so they won't have to forget attacks.

07yKwk5.png

• Super Eevee - allow Eevee to adapt to any situation
  • Retro Graphics - oh, sweet, sweet, nostalgia.
  • Epic Storyline - need scissors 61
  • Active Battle System - like Final Fantasy.
  • Sidequests - yay, optional content!
  • Infinite Movesets - never forget an attack again.
  • Crafting System - refine junk into equipment, TMs, stat boosts, etc.
  • Corrupted Pokemon - no more Pokeballs, you must defeat optional bosses to capture Pokemon.

This game is a fangame made with RPGMaker2003. It is not a rom hack.

Progress

I have been working for a few years now and just released the latest update, Beta 0.73 - which goes up to the end of chapter 4. Contentwise, there are 4 gyms, over 30 pokemon capture, 2 hypervisors to kill, a dozen sidequests to complete. It's at minimum 4 hours of content. And saves files are forward compatible, so you'll be able to keep your progress for future versions.

In a the next few weeks, I hope to have a new verison out, which will add 2 major new features. So stay tuned :)

Website/Download

WpmWn0A.png

I LOVE it. Such a great concept! It looks like you're making some real progress too. I can imagine some game design differences with the Super Eevee. Hope you post more!

[private]
Removed download link

DOWNLOAD HERE
![/size]
[/private]

Thanks! I'm definetly going to be as active as I can be :)

I found that balancing is a little bit easier with super eevee, since unlike traditional starters, the player doesn't have a choice. They have a eevee, and you know which evolutions it can switch into, so that way, it's easy to get around the issue of certain gyms being harder on specific starters.

for example, for each new evolution you obtain, I try make sure the next story area is filled with pokemon weak to that type, so players will try out the new evolution to check it out. (eg: start off with jolteon and vaporeon => flying gym followed by a cave. get flareon=> next area is a forest + bug gym. get espeon => next area is a team rocket invasion, and treking through sewers, meaning lots of poison. etc.)

This seems to be a fun game. Will you be able to capture and train wild Pokemon or is it only Eevee? And will there be a rival like Silver in the game?

Wha! This is awesome! I truly love the fact how you can change your Eevee's evolution with a very neat option. Never seen this being done in any fake game before and I can see how this feature can change the entire experience for the player. You aren't following the concept of the usual Pokemon games (which many game developers tend to do), instead, your incorporating a variety of battle system changes and features that enhance the overall gameplay.

Looking forward to seeing more updates! :)

Reggie McGigas said:
This seems to be a fun game. Will you be able to capture and train wild Pokemon or is it only Eevee? And will there be a rival like Silver in the game?
Eevee isn;t your only pokemon, you'll get more, a Johto starter is obtained really early in the game. But there are no pokeballs, so you can't capture wild pokemon, rather you must defeat corrupted pokemon. They're superpowered optional bosses which once you defeat, you obtain.

there's over 30 pokemon obtainable the current version(not counting evolutions).
{Eevee, Starter, Weedle/Caterpie, Pidgey, Zubat, Nidoran, Bellsprout/Oddish, Psyduck, Spinarak, Pineco, Poliwag, Mareep, Abra, Diglett, Pichu, Smoochum, Magby/Elekid, Grimer, Drowsee, Tyrouge, Electrike, Mankey, Teddiursa, Shroomish, Exeggcute, Natu, Phanpy/Sandshrew, Snubbull, Lotad, Seedot and Houndour}

Silver is indeed in the game, and he's a lot more interesting of a character this time.
crystal is here too. and in the next version, you'll run into blue.

Ice Arceus said:
Wha! This is awesome! I truly love the fact how you can change your Eevee's evolution with a very neat option. Never seen this being done in any fake game before and I can see how this feature can change the entire experience for the player. You aren't following the concept of the usual Pokemon games (which many game developers tend to do), instead, your incorporating a variety of battle system changes and features that enhance the overall gameplay.

Looking forward to seeing more updates! :)
Thanks, yeah I find that most fangames are not much different than the official pokemon games, which is odd, since the biggest complaint against the official games is that its always the same game. Fangames can do anything they want, but they just stick to the exact same formular. Im actively trying to make this one an alternative experience, something that isn't meant to emulate pokemon perfectly. The battle system is completely different, capturing pokemon is completely different, the storyline, equipment+crafting+lootdrops, sidesquests, etc. It gives an experience that feels different than what is found in the official games.

----

Speaking of different, I'm currently working on the next update, Demo 7b.

it will contain 2 new, major features:

NewGame+
Newgame + will allow you to restart the story, but keep your pokemon, items, trophies, etc. It's something I always wanted in a pokemon game. And it will make waiting for new versions a lot less tedious, as you'll just be able to reach the end of the demo, then NG+ if you want to.

I'll explain the other feature at a later date.

if you want to understand why the version names make no sense, click on the spoiler (ie: current ver = 0.73 next ver = 0.7b
0.6 of the game went up to chapter 6 of the game. But I realised there were a lot of problems with the game, it was extremely unbalanced, and there were gramatical errors everywhere. it greatly reduced the quality of the game. So for 0.7 I decided to start from the start and rewrite all the dialouge, recreate all the battles, using the official stats for enemy pokemon this time, implement a bunch of new features and apply a lot of polish to the game.

Last year, I released 0.7a which, although a better experience, it was only 2 chapters long.
0.72 0.73 came inbetween.
Now, I released 0.7b, which continues the game to chapter 4.
0.74+ will come inbetween.
later, i'll be releasing 0.7c which will finally catch up to where 0.6 ended.

I'll be dubbing the 7a, 7b, 7c, etc. Demo releases. They'll have minimal bugs, and will all reach til the end of a chapter. the releases inbetween will be betas which are likely to have glitches and whatnot, but betas will be more frequent.

Yeah, many fangames either just try to provide a few extra options for the player or update their graphics to give a sense of a new experience, but they are still following similar elements from the official games and adjusting them to give the player more control over the game and features.

When did you begin working on this project?

Thanks for answering my question, but here's another one. How do you get Seedot and Elektrike in a gen 2 game?

Also, it'd be intresting if you could go inside a beta 'gen 3' world and defeat the final boss there (kinda like the matrix)

Ice Arceus said:
Yeah, many fangames either just try to provide a few extra options for the player or update their graphics to give a sense of a new experience, but they are still following similar elements from the official games and adjusting them to give the player more control over the game and features.

When did you begin working on this project?
I first started in 2010, but then went on haitus in 2011, I worked on it on and off throughout university. and then resumed fully working on it a few months ago.
So been working on this for quite a while.

Reggie McGigas said:
Thanks for answering my question, but here's another one. How do you get Seedot and Elektrike in a gen 2 game?

Also, it'd be intresting if you could go inside a beta 'gen 3' world and defeat the final boss there (kinda like the matrix)
Well, semi spoilers- but you end up activating gen3 pokemon, so they start populating the world. I picked out the best pokemon out of the first 3 generations to be obtainable.

Visiting generation 3 areas is definetly planned for the game. I've got systems in place that would allow me to easily swap. But they'll come into play later. you do have to travel to the "code world" a lot during the game. I especially love the transitions to the code world, where the world just slowly disintegrates
eTIEZeg.gif

Raonak said:
Visiting generation 3 areas is definetly planned for the game. I've got systems in place that would allow me to easily swap. But they'll come into play later. you do have to travel to the "code world" a lot during the game. I especially love the transitions to the code world, where the world just slowly disintegrates
eTIEZeg.gif

Based off what I see, you enter a house in that glitch tunnel. May I suggest a stargate-esque "wormhole" travel sequence? Not sure how you would go about doing it, but it might be cool.

I remember playing this game a few months ago, and all can I say is that it's one of the most unique Pokémon fan games up to date. It's fourth wall breaking is stunning (especially the glitches), adding different methods and gameplay elements made it really unique, and the story is something different from all other games.

Awesome job.

Nod3 said:
Based off what I see, you enter a house in that glitch tunnel. May I suggest a stargate-esque "wormhole" travel sequence? Not sure how you would go about doing it, but it might be cool.
Hmm, interesting idea. I think I may add something, as currently, you enter the house and get instantly moved to the hypervisor domain.

Sheodon said:
I remember playing this game a few months ago, and all can I say is that it's one of the most unique Pokémon fan games up to date. It's fourth wall breaking is stunning (especially the glitches), adding different methods and gameplay elements made it really unique, and the story is something different from all other games.

Awesome job.

Thanks! nice you see you enjoyed it :D

-

So currently im working on getting a trailer made, as the game doesn't really present itself in screenshots.

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything yet...I LOVE this. A great concept with great execution! I'm glad to see someone working on a project long-term, as so many people give up too early.

Can't wait to see what the other new feature is.

Good News! I finally have a new version out :)

Latest Version: Beta 0.74 (November 2014)

This new version of the game goes midway through Chapter 5. That's 5 gyms, 2 hypervisors, numerous sidequests and Pokemon to catch.

HRobkuC.png

Additions:
Gym5 - Defeat Morty!
Silph Tour - Take a tour through Silph Co.
Pickaxe - Break Rocks
Stat Changing Attacks are now more useful
Academy Challenge - Get a second starter Pokemon
Pokedex - Use to see Pokemon Stats
Shiny Data - Convert your Pokemon into Shiny
Redesigned Hypervisor Domains

Download

Just a little progress update.

I've been working on a new update; 0.75.
Eventing to the end of chapter 5 has been completed, so that's now 5 whole chapters of gameplay. I've now been fixing a bunch of bugs the last release brought out. I have done much of the mapping for chapter 6 and am planning to include it in the 0.75 release.
It's gonna be a pretty meaty release, over 1 chapter of content, atleast 1 hypervisor battle, and a few new mechanics coming into play! Mid-March is likely when it's coming out.

One of the new areas you'll get to explore soon is the Ember Forest. It is filled with fire and bug typed Pokemon.

hCTE3BK.png

In 0.75, you'll be visiting a real PokeBeach which is named West Beach. (name pending)

This new map is a unique beach-like terrain, on the west side of Ignis Island, where pokemon like Krabby, and Tropius are found.

In addition to that, a special person named the "Surf Master" lives here.

After spending a lot of the last year doing mainly background systems work, it's nice to get back into mapping. Beach locales are a little hard to do, since you want it to appear natural, but you also want there to be tall grass for wild pokemon to be, so I had to look for a bit of balance. I quite like the end result, it feels and looks a lot different than other maps, the mixture of yellow, blue, brown and green is strangely pleasing.

Only downside; no footprints on the sand :O

(click to enlarge)

Here's 2 new features;

I've been playing a lot of Bloodborne, and what's really stood out to me, is the great way it does shortcuts. So I've added strength boulders for SPEE, but with changed functionality. Throughout the world of SPEE, you'll now see boulders sticking on ledges. You can push these boulders from the top to open up a permanent path.
byUSxJr.png

-----------------

So, I've discovered the magic tool called DynRPG that allows me to modify RPG Maker more than I ever would've dreamed of. I'm quite new to it, but so far I've managed to get these changes in.

So, 0.75 will come with some cool battle changes. Firstly, was the increasing of Battle Speed (which i posted about a while ago)

And now, a long requested enhancement. HP Bars in battle!
You'll be able to see Enemy HP and the enemy's speed bar, so you can see when they will attack next.

BBMEtIe.png

In addition to that, you can see your Pokémon's HP and PP easily. Another change you might notice, is the way your pokemon are arranged. They're more spread out, and are aligned differently ( before it was like \ now it's / )

Back