• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sun & Moon Eevee Build (First ever Build)

MNPokeDad

Aspiring Trainer
So I'm a new Poke Dad as I got into with my two sons (15 & 11) who started playing and figured it would be a fun way to hang out with them. We had initially tried getting into Pokemon back during the Plasma & Legendary Treasures time frame, but it kind of flamed out as the playing opportunities around us were very slim at the time. Anyways, I seem to remember Eevee decks being fairly popular back then, so upon seeing them in S&M I thought I'd try and build one. I'm still not versed on the ins and outs of all the trainers, so I will probably need help with that. Anyways, any help on my first deck build would be helpful. Since we are new and close to rotations, I tried to make this rotation proof.

Pokemon - 15

(3) Sableye - GUR
(4) Eevee - SM
(3) Umbreon GX
(2) Espeon GX
(1) Tapu Lele GX

Trainers - 28

(2) Lysandre
(2) Hex Maniac
(4) Prof. Sycamore
(2) Team Grunt Handiwork
(4) Ultra Ball
(3) Choice Band
(3) N
(4) Trainer's Mail
(2) Energy Recycler
(2) Field Blower

Stadium - 3

(3) Altar of the Moone

Energy - 14

(4) DCE
(5) Dark Energy
(5) Psychic Energy

Strategy wise, I guess my hope would be to start off with Sableye to prevent my opponent from using Supporters while I build up my Eevee's on the bench with a choice band attached. Bring them up and start attacking. With Altar of the Moone, hopefully I can interchange between active and bench with what will be a free retreat.

Honestly, I don't know if this would even be a decent deck to play. Thoughts and/or suggestions from more experienced players...

Back