Help Suggestions on how to run Azuls take on goli/garb

LifePartTwo

Aspiring Trainer
I have an event coming up and been practicing with goli/garb on ptcgo. I seem in a lot of games to have issues closing out games. I know it is due to my ingame decisions. I am wondering if I could advice on strategies for taking on popular decks, Zoroark/ lycanrock, buzzwole etc. Here is the deck list. The other question is should I switch to running trash garb as well?
Pokemon - 17
4 Wimpod BUS 16
3 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
3 Trubbish BKP 56
2 Garbodor BKP 57
3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
1 Mewtwo EVO 51

Trainer - 33
4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
4 N FCO 105
4 Guzma BUS 115
2 Acerola BUS 112
1 Brigette BKT 134
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
4 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
2 Heavy Ball BKT 140
1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
4 Float Stone BKT 137
3 Choice Band GRI 121

Energy - 10
6 Grass Energy 1
4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Thanks in advance.

I think the problem with running Trashalanche is having to add the extra Rainbow Energy which might hurt consistency. An extra 10 damage on a Goli could be problematic as well. On the other hand, in a meta where Buzzwole is becoming more and more prominent, it might need to happen. I would be more apt to run Mew-EX before I ran Trashalanche, however, and being wary of when you drop Garbotoxin onto the field.

Ya rainbow energy leaves me open to enhanced hammer which is every where. But you do raise another good point I may be activating the garbotoxin to early I did run the shl latios last night and that 30 to the bench was actually big in two games but .

While some of your late-game struggles could be because of your in-game decisions, Goli/Garb is just naturally bad late-game. The deck starts fast, but once you start running out of resources it struggles. Couple that with the fact that you can't utilize draw support Pokémon like Octillery or Oranguru and one late-game N can ruin you.

I'm not saying the deck is bad, because as Azul has proven, it can compete, but you just have to hope you top deck well late-game.

Back