Suggestions for Shiny Secret Rares

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
If shiny golden cards returned, like the gold trainer cards have, which XY era Pokemon (seeing as how BW will probably be rotated out) do you think deserve this treatment. Maybe they could be EXs like we're going to see in Ancient Origins or maybe they could be the original way. I would hope they could return in tandem with the SR trainers.

The starters are fairly obvious choices but I think it would be a nice twist if they were the KSS starters and not XY ones.

I'd hope they'd be the original way and not be EXs, just normal cards from other X and Y sets reprinted as shinies. Or even better: new cards as shinies. If I had to make a list of the Pokémon I'd like to appear as a shiny, it would be this:
Pidgeot, Tyrantrum, Crobat, Noivern, Venusaur, Lucario, the Eeveelutions.
I can't really think of more atm that hadn't already been there as Shiny Pokémon cards, so... that's all for now.

Another idea I had when writing this was that they could bring back Pokémon STAR from the old ex-sets (e.g. Ex Deoxys) and make them actually worthwile in the playability perspective.

They tend to use popular, competitive cards for the shiny Pokemon, so maybe some combination like Raichu XY, Aromatisse XY, Pyroar FLF, Machamp FUF, Hawlucha FUF, Joltik PHF, Crobat PHF, Crawdaunt PRC, Altaria ROS. Point is, they're not going to make like a shiny Pidgey or something, since nobody is going to open packs hoping for a gold Pidgey.

Edit: Actually a Shiny Pidgey sounds really cool, let's use a different example like a shiny Inkay. Nobody cares about Inkay.

A shiny Ancient Trait Pokemon would be interesting (non-ex). None have been really predominately played to warrant it except for Δ-Altaria who already had a SR in recent times. Maybe shiny α-Swampert?

They did make a Shiny Egg. Granted, the card is worth a dollar and is playable.

Back