• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Such Keldeo, Very Blastoise, Wow, Much BKEX

is it possible to have a garbodor counter for the blastoise decks? because i run a deck like this and hate it when i run into garbodor.

meepster123 said:
is it possible to have a garbodor counter for the blastoise decks? because i run a deck like this and hate it when i run into garbodor.

Well, a common counter is the Tool Scrapper. But a new one is a Goodra that it's ability doesn't let any player to attach Tools as long as it is in play.

Megaphone is the better counter for garbo, even if you manage to get out goodra, 2 things to worry about, you have to have a megaphone or a scrapper to discard the tools off of garbo and 2. lysandre catcher kill your bench tech, it's just better to tech the megaphone and take out all tools 1versus 3 added tech which at a lowered stoise count hurts the tech lines (even though darkrai w/o garbo can already hit for 180 on a good day).

You can get away with 13 energy 4 SER and 2 proff's letter, I find when playing 10 energy overall grabbing energy is not really the problem.

Yo-yos said:
Megaphone is the better counter for garbo, even if you manage to get out goodra, 2 things to worry about, you have to have a megaphone or a scrapper to discard the tools off of garbo and 2. lysandre catcher kill your bench tech, it's just better to tech the megaphone and take out all tools 1versus 3 added tech which at a lowered stoise count hurts the tech lines (even though darkrai w/o garbo can already hit for 180 on a good day).

You can get away with 13 energy 4 SER and 2 proff's letter, I find when playing 10 energy overall grabbing energy is not really the problem.

Megaphone is not out yet, at least Not here in America.

And I didn't understand what you tried to explain.

Is it the fact that I said scrapper or megaphone is better then goodra or reduce energy for more (4) SER and 2 profs letter with 4 skyla, as long as they are in the discard that's a consistent amount of energy back to your hand, 15 energy is 15 energy 4 SER in 16 energy overall, 2 is 8, with profs letter and 4 ultra ball 2-4 in the discard to get the engine up asap makes it easier overall, late game you don't want to be drawing energy you would rather draw SER and supporters, you already have the energy in the discard ready for use with the benched stoise.

For instance I play 10 energy, 2 electric and 8 water, I'll never miss an OHKO if I can profs letter twice in the opening hand or drop upwards of 2 energy in the discard and 1 on a pokemon, so even if that 1 energy is an electric to BKEX and 2 water in the discard with and ultra ball for a squirtle or a voltorb. The next turn when I SER and draw a profs letter or 1 energy that's an ohko by turn 2, depending on weather or not your 4-0-4 stoise line pulls through over those 2 turns. Then at that point as long as I either draw skyla or SER and 1-2 more BKEX and a baby BK I'm golden.

Yo-yos said:
Is it the fact that I said scrapper or megaphone is better then goodra or reduce energy for more (4) SER and 2 profs letter with 4 skyla, as long as they are in the discard that's a consistent amount of energy back to your hand, 15 energy is 15 energy 4 SER in 16 energy overall, 2 is 8, with profs letter and 4 ultra ball 2-4 in the discard to get the engine up asap makes it easier overall, late game you don't want to be drawing energy you would rather draw SER and supporters, you already have the energy in the discard ready for use with the benched stoise.

Yes, it's better use Megaphone or Scrapper. But you don't need 4 Ultra Ball, I use 1 Heavy Ball, 2 Ultra Ball and 1 Level Ball. And yes, I always try to discard as much energies as I can so that I only need SERs.

Then why play 2 if you say you need your SER's? I think 4 ultra ball is key, ditching energy turn 1-2 is key in the setup if you don't have a blastoise in play, especially with yveltal in the format.

Yo-yos said:
Then why play 2 if you say you need your SER's? I think 4 ultra ball is key, ditching energy turn 1-2 is key in the setup if you don't have a blastoise in play, especially with yveltal in the format.

Because I don't need them until late game. And 4 Ultra Ball is way too many, you don't always get Exeggcute at first and discard it. And I try to get Blastoise as soon as I can.

Yo-yos said:

yeah but then he can just attach tools again

Eron@ 4 SER is consistency, 4 ultra ball ensures SER consistency so you can black ballista turn by turn that is all I'm saying.

Meepster@ that may be, but if you scrapper them for a turn with 2 SER and 2 profs letter that 2 full powered BKEX, so even if you drop a turn for the deluge you make a back plan, having a bench tech that takes away from the decks consistency lowers it's playability by a turn and with lysandre and good catcher flips goodra becomes dead weight.

Back