• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Such Keldeo, Very Blastoise, Wow, Much BKEX

Eron

Is back as of March 24
c09.jpg

Experience: Veteran

Pokemon:13 Pokémon
  • 4 Squirtle PLB 14/101
  • 4 Blastoise with Deluge PLB 16/101
  • 1 Wartortle PLB 15/101
  • 1 Black Kyurem EX 95/135 PLS
  • 2 KeldeoEX LT 45/113
  • 1 Suicune PLB 20/101

Trainers:32 Trainers
  • 2 Colress
  • 4 Skyla
  • 1 Professor Juniper
  • 3 N
  • 3 Shauna
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 2 Superior Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Silver Mirror
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Energy Retrieval
  • 3 Switch
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Rock Guard ACE SPEC
  • 2 Professor's Letter

Energy:15 Energies
  • 12 Water
  • 3 Lightning

Strategy
Flip the coin, if you win, say you want to go first because you have to start powering pokémon.
Get a squirtle, use rare candy in 2nd turn if possible, if you get N after using the rare candy and there is a Blastoise and you have energies in hand tattach them to KeldeoEX.
Get a KeldeoEX, attach him the Float Stone, so you will be able to move Pokémon as you wish without wasting energies.
Always have a Blastoise, either benched or in play.
I have the silver Mirror for Suicune because if it is attached to him you can use him with Plasma deck or if there is an EX in play, Suicune will almost be invencible.
The Skylas are for the rare candies.

Pro tip: A good way to use ultra balls or Superior Energy is that, if you have one either rare candy,squirtle or blastoise but only 1 of those 3 you can discard one of the others because it would be unusable. Let me explain----
Lost zone: 1 Rare candy
In hand:1 Ultra ball,1Squirtle and 1 Blastoise.
You can discard both, because they will be unusable.

RE: KelDuge (Blastoise/Keldeo)

Decent deck, you have too wide of variety of attackers. This deck lacks consistency in attackers.
Focus on these points:

Attackers
3x Keldeo EX
2x Black Kyurem w/Black Ballista 200dmg (if you dont have any of these consider...)
2x Kyurem [PLF] (good non ex attacker and can hit bench pokemon)

Supporter
4x Blastoise
1x Wartortle
4 Squirtle w/ Shell shield ability

Also you absolutely include in this deck
-More Superior Energy Retrievals
-Removing Plasma Energies
-Adding Tropical Beach Stadium (Excellent drawing support stadium) or Bicycles for additional support (going beach-less)
-Removing Cilan for other supporters (Its best to run 4 of the best supporters [ie: Juniper, N, Skyla, Colress] {ranked in that order})
-More ultra balls where you can find room (So you can setup multiple Blastoise)

Take all this in to consideration and your results will be more consistent.
Consistency is key when playing this Deck and TCG in general.

Yes, actually, I'll post (don'y know when) a new (and better deck) but using XY things, becuase I can take out Cilians for Professor's Letter, I can't affor a tropical beach, I have tried it with bicycles and nope, doesn't work for me. The plasma energies are for Articuno and Luigi(?), jk, Articuno and Lugia.
But the problem is that Keldeo is difficult to get. I'll try to get them.
Well, actually my main attackers are Keldeo or Kyurem EX, Blastoise sometimes.
I don't like to add Wartotles to this deck because I will never use them.
Still, I will modify it. What you are saying is great, and Colress realy works for me becuase I have many Pokémon.

Eron said:
Yes, actually, I'll post (don'y know when) a new (and better deck) but using XY things, becuase I can take out Cilians for Professor's Letter, I can't affor a tropical beach, I have tried it with bicycles and nope, doesn't work for me. The plasma energies are for Articuno and Luigi(?), jk, Articuno and Lugia.
But the problem is that Keldeo is difficult to get. I'll try to get them.
Well, actually my main attackers are Keldeo or Kyurem EX, Blastoise sometimes.
I don't like to add Wartotles to this deck because I will never use them.
Still, I will modify it. What you are saying is great, and Colress realy works for me becuase I have many Pokémon.

You have enough cards from what I assume you listed, to get two more Keldeo EX's. So make Keldeo EX your primary target.

As for choosing attacker
Keldeo EX is your best choice because you need only 3 water Energies to attack for 110 and it can be improved uipon by attaching more. Not only is the attack power flexible, you can "Rush In" dire situations without using switches or retreating a powerful ability.

Kyurem [PLF] is an excellent Non EX attacker.
Frost Spearing for 30-30 to a bench is very important when attacking which can be beneficial down the road in mid-late game
Blizzard Burn is a good 120 attack for 3 energy. Even though you can't next turn, you can however Rush-In with Keldeo and retreat back to Kyurem to use Blizzard Burn again

Articuno is not a good attacker 60 for 3 energies is not sufficient even though you do 10 to bench. 10 bench damage isnt a whole lot when kyurem can do 30.
Frost Prism requiring 4 energies (1 of them being plasma) for 80 is not good what so ever. Especially since paralysis can be cured by switching or another trainer card. you should allocate your energies somewhere else

Lugia EX
This card is good, ney, this card is Excellent. However, Lugia is not a good fit here. Lugia should be the main focus of its own deck.

Kyurem EX is good, you should only include it IF you only if you need to fill one of the missing spots of Kyurem [PLF] or Keldeo.

As for Wartortle, you NEED at least one. If someone with a Gothitelle comes up into the active slot or a Zebstrika uses disconnect, you cannot use rare candy. Which means your energy acceleration has been shutoff which is the most important aspect of this deck. If you have no Wartortle, you will lose.

Good point because I never thought about that of Gothitelle, as of that I can take out articuno with Lugia, I won't need the Plasma Energies so 6 spaces, I can add 1 Wartortle, 1 Keldeo, 1 Juniper, 1 Colress, 1 Skyla and I will try to fin a Kyogre, it's attacks are great. And I won't get trolled by Zebstraika, but actually those decks are not so used, I haven't seen one since I think November, but still a good point.
I'm trying to get ALL the cards of my deck Foiled, I know it's strange but it looks cool with all the cards foiled, don't you think?

Kyogre EX isnt a good water EX. Especially MR mime protecting the bench (hes so common now) your dual splash wont be worth it. I would try for a Black Kyurem EX w/ Black Ballista. Hitting for 200 can 1HKO anything in the current meta and the energies can be brought back through energy retrieval to Black Ballista again, [you just rinse and repeat]

JungleBeatz said:
Kyogre EX isnt a good water EX. Especially MR mime protecting the bench (hes so common now) your dual splash wont be worth it. I would try for a Black Kyurem EX w/ Black Ballista. Hitting for 200 can 1HKO anything in the current meta and the energies can be brought back through energy retrieval to Black Ballista again, [you just rinse and repeat]
I'll try to get one, my League organizer traded me a Kingdra for a Chandelure EX, that was great! I think people won't want something extravagant for the Kyurem EX, but well, it depends on the person, because sometimes people want expensive things, btw, a good deck could be Thundurus EX/BKEX with Black Ballista. I will need the Muscle Band (XY Set) to kill a Mega, or to attach it a Team Plasma Badge and put some Deoxys in the bench to power up Black Ballista.

Eron said:
JungleBeatz said:
I'll try to get one, my League organizer traded me a Kingdra for a Chandelure EX, that was great! I think people won't want something extravagant for the Kyurem EX, but well, it depends on the person, because sometimes people want expensive things, btw, a good deck could be Thundurus EX/BKEX with Black Ballista. I will need the Muscle Band (XY Set) to kill a Mega, or to attach it a Team Plasma Badge and put some Deoxys in the bench to power up Black Ballista.
Dont think about killing Megas, they wont be popular due to the conditions and everything that comes with them. Blastoise is the best accelerator for BKEX hence why most decks use it. Typical BlastoiseKelEX have BKEX

JungleBeatz said:
Eron said:
Dont think about killing Megas, they wont be popular due to the conditions and everything that comes with them. Blastoise is the best accelerator for BKEX hence why most decks use it. Typical BlastoiseKelEX have BKEX
But let's be sure that there's going to be at least 1 or 2 guys using MegaEX decks when they come out, mostly, people that want to say they have Megas and we don't.
I can add the Brick Wall Ace Spec so that it has 300 HP! That raze Megas, and it can help me with the Snorlax/Beartic Deck, becuase Beartic is OP and yesterday I almost lost by Beartic's attack. An extra help is always welcomed.

Eron said:
JungleBeatz said:
But let's be sure that there's going to be at least 1 or 2 guys using MegaEX decks when they come out, mostly, people that want to say they have Megas and we don't.
I can add the Brick Wall Ace Spec so that it has 300 HP! That raze Megas, and it can help me with the Snorlax/Beartic Deck, becuase Beartic is OP and yesterday I almost lost by Beartic's attack. An extra help is always welcomed.

Crystal wall is not that great of an ace spec really. Easily tool scrapper'd away and you cant bring it back. You can use it to be "different" or "counter meta" but dont be surprised if it gets constantly scrapper'd.

As for Beartic, he is good, but as good as you think. Its ok but silver mirror stops it dead and 130 hp isnt that much.

As for Mega EX's, you should focus on 2HKO. You dont need to 1HKO them because they will have to wait one turn before attacking (since evolving it ends their turn). So if you see a Mega Blastoise or Mega Venusaur you should focus hitting it with Keldeo's Secret Sword for 110 and then put 1 more water energy for 130 power (so two turn 240HP).

JungleBeatz said:
Eron said:

Crystal wall is not that great of an ace spec really. Easily tool scrapper'd away and you cant bring it back. You can use it to be "different" or "counter meta" but dont be surprised if it gets constantly scrapper'd.

As for Beartic, he is good, but as good as you think. Its ok but silver mirror stops it dead and 130 hp isnt that much.

As for Mega EX's, you should focus on 2HKO. You dont need to 1HKO them because they will have to wait one turn before attacking (since evolving it ends their turn). So if you see a Mega Blastoise or Mega Venusaur you should focus hitting it with Keldeo's Secret Sword for 110 and then put 1 more water energy for 130 power (so two turn 240HP).
Well, The beartic deck includes Umbreon, Umbreon's ability is that each Team Plasma Pokémon get 20+ HP, so 4 Umbreons means 130+80=210! And if there is a Giant Cape, that's 230 HP! That's the same Hp as a Mega, and, I will do that, kill Megas one by one, I will try to add only 1 Mega Blastoise and see if it works great, if not, I will just do some mini changes.

Whoa you have a lot of attackers in this deck. I'd take out a lot of them. In my Blastoise deck I have just x3 Keldeo EX, x2 Mewtwo EX, and x2 Suicune. I'd have B. Kyurem EX too, but I just don't have any... Here's what I'd do:

4 Squirtle PLB Boundaries Crossed 14/101 I can't tell you how many times bench damage has been prevented on my Squirtle because I run the BCR one, which prevents it from being damaged if it's on your bench.
4 Blastoise with Deluge PLB 16/101
1 Bouffalant LT 107/113
1 Kyurem PLF 31/116 Add maybe one or two more.
1 Tornadus EX BW96 (LT Pre-Release)
1 Lugia EX PLS 108/135
1 Suicune PLB 20/101 One or 2 is good
1 Keldeo EX LT 45/113 Two more
1 Articuno EX FA PLS 132/135

I'd throw in some Level Balls and Heavy Balls to make Squirtle and Blastoise searchable without having to discard anything from your hand. Add a couple more Float Stones. Computer Search is a good Ace Spec for this deck. It's helped me out many times anyway.

Eron said:
JungleBeatz said:

Well, The beartic deck includes Umbreon, Umbreon's ability is that each Team Plasma Pokémon get 20+ HP, so 4 Umbreons means 130+80=210! And if there is a Giant Cape, that's 230 HP! That's the same Hp as a Mega, and, I will do that, kill Megas one by one, I will try to add only 1 Mega Blastoise and see if it works great, if not, I will just do some mini changes.
If you add Beartics and Umbreons, youll have too many things going on. Stop focusing on 1HKO Mega Evolutions.

If you want to build a Beartic deck, build one. you cant squeeze one into a Blastoise KeldeoEX Deck.

I actually know people who have their attacker line-ups as only 2 Keldeo EX and 3 Black Kyurem EX. The reasoning behind this is that Keldeo will one-shot non-EXs most of the time, while Black Kyurem EX will one-shot EXs (outside of shenanigans like Aspertia and Cinccino's Smooth Coat, nothing survives against it), so against more EX-centered decks, all you need to do is score 3 Black Ballista KOs (and maybe 1 Secret Sword) and the game is over.
In my experiences both playing against and witnessing Blastoise decks (which is a LOT; the two players I square off against the most run Blastoise, and I run Darkrai, which is a bad matchup for me), Keldeo is used mostly for mobility and picking off smaller threats - the main attacker of the deck is arguably Black Kyurem EX. Either way, you always want a combination of Keldeo EX and Black Kyurem EX that adds up to 5 - you can go to 6, but you won't need more than 3 of either.

Your Blastoise line should be 4-0-4 or 4-1-4. The latter is recommended, just in case. You may be able to get away with only 3 Blastoise, though it's risky.
And if you'll be going with Black Kyurem EX more (which I assume you will), your Energy Retrieval count is too low (I think normally, even without heavy BKEX, they run at least 4 combined). If memory serves, the deck tends to use 3 of each.

Though Kyurem (PLF) is a good non-EX attacker, its damage output is extremely low and really isn't worth the deckspace. You are better off using those slots for consistency...or, as an alternative, Suicune PLB - which is the only non-EX attacker not named Blastoise you should be using in this deck; it's not only for tricky EX matchups but it's also for the mirror, as he who keeps his Suicunes the longest wins.

Other than that, PsychedelicBreakfast made marvelous suggestions to the deck and all of what he said is common wisdom as to what to put into a Blastoise deck. Also, if you can get a hold of Beach, it may be a good idea, though it's not necessary because 1) it's possible your opponents will drop their own Beach and/or 2) Blastoise builds that utilize Juniper more often don't need Beach at all.

Black Kyurem EX will one-shot EXs (outside of shenanigans like Aspertia and Cinccino's Smooth Coat, nothing survives against it)

Well only a TP Pokémon with Umbreons and a giant cape. (DeoxysEX for example]

...who in their right mind uses Umbreon PLF in a Plasma deck?

DNA said:
...who in their right mind uses Umbreon PLF in a Plasma deck?

There's one guy that uses a Beartic/Snorlax deck, he has Team Plasma Umbreons, beartic get's a lot of HP, his deck works well.

Back