• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

strange DialgaChomp variant - Any pointers? Regionals, Masters

Azurial

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, so after a rather a really good 3-1 start at States with my SableTar deck, i eventually lost 2 consecutive matches to (1st) A Luxchomp due to an energy clump mid game, and a brutal loss to Magnezone for the same reason, i have decided to switch over to a DialgaComp variant for Regionals.

Problem being i do not have access to a Luxray, Promocroak, additional Uxies, nor do i have the cash to shell out $150 for a Uxie Lv. X.

That being said, im trying to play suitable substitutes with what i have...

Pokemon ::18::

2 Dialga G
2 Dialga G Lv. X
2 Garchomp C
2 Garchomp C Lv. X
2 Crobat G
Staraptor FB
Staraptor FB Lv. X
Bronzong G
Azelf LA
Uxie LA
2 Sableye SF
Lucario GL
Dragonite FB/Ambipom G

Trainers/Supporters ::28::

3 Cyrus's Conspiracy
4 Poketurn
3 Power Spray
2 Aaron's Collection
2 Energy Gain
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Bebe's Search
3 SP Radar
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Energy Exchange
2 Seeker
Judge

Energy ::13::
4 Double Colorless
4 Metal (special)
2 Metal
Rescue Energy
2 SP Energy

Well, I'm pretty sure we all know how this deck is supposed to run. Set up Dialga ASAP to trainerlock with Deafen and Poke-body lock with Lv. X. Set up Garchomp quickly to dragon rush for easy prizes.

If I'm missing any thing (I did just pick up the deck after all) please feel free to let me know.

Next on to the reason i put 2 Sableye in here. While I'm not trying to put down Uxie, searching will ALWAYS trump drawing; so a set up with Sableye, while not ideal for this deck, is alot better to ensure a fast set up on your Dialga/Garchomps, then simply drawing 2 and putting one back.

Any help with what to put in/take out is ideal. Against deck tests at leauge its so far undefeated (10-0). Next I need to know if some of these cards should be worked in somehow:

Expert Belt
Twins
Warp Point
Pokemon Radar
More Bebe's, collectors, ect.

Also - Lucario GL is in there as a hopeful Luxray counter.

Back