Discussion Strange Decks that are Pretty Good.

Sylveon GX
Just a reminder that this is a "Discussion" thread, where users are encouraged to at least discuss their reasoning ;)

For me, I've heard of (and used) a deck that only takes advantage of the Tapu Koko Promo card (the one with flying flip). Because it is a basic which takes a DCE to put upwards of 120 damage on the board, it deals damage as fast as a Zororark or Golispod Deck, but only gives up one prize when knocked out.
Because damage is spread across the entire board (as opposed to being focused on a single Pokemon), you can sit behind on prizes and abuse things like Counter Energy and N. Then when the time is right, you take 4-6 prizes at once with attacks like Espeon-EX's Miraculous Shine or Tapu Lele's (ULP) Magical Swap.

It plays much opposite to how most decks consider playing.

I always considered tank-based decks incredibly strange and incredibly good. Examples include, but are not limited to Wailord EX, and a card/deck @Tapu Lele and I hold very dear: Wishiwashi GX.

Solgaleo/Gyarados (both GXes) can make a good deck. They cover many in each other's weaknesses as long as you can play the right attackers for the right matches. Gyarados can hit hard turn after turn. Solgaleo can accelerate energy and make a high retreat cost into a non-issue. Gyarados all but makes Volc matches into an autowin.

is Espeon GX/Lunala GX good?
because Lunala can transfer all Psychic energy attached to Espe(unless Espe has DCE) then it can Max Potion, then psychic transfer all Psychic Energy again.. and Espeon can kill the enemy's set up by Divide GX or kill a EX by Lunar Fall GX

Not sure if this is considered strange. But I find that promo koko, Burning Shadows weavile, and baby lele is a pretty interesting deck. The whole point is to spread damage with koko and weavile. Then just move damage around with lele for the ko. Plus all of your guys are one prize trades.

A strange deck that is pretty good is zoroark dusk mane magnezone its an odd combination at first but is avtually really good if it draws into the cards it needs. Another one is ninja box, this deck is mainly only hyped on pokebeach but seems really fun and has good matvhups across the meta.

4 Guzzlord 56 energy
this deck is surprisingly... decent
Guzzlord can power itself up pretty fast, using it's eat sloppily attack
add in a few choice bands and you can hit 210
if you are 2-hit KO'ing then you can use tyrannical hole followed up by glutton GX to take 4 prizes
there are a few consistency problems with this deck, like the incapability of switching things around with Guzma,
you also can't search out more Guzzlords so if your active gets knock out, its game over
so you can add 4 nest balls and 4 Guzmas
I've actually been winning games at my league with this deck :)

doom news absol / hoopa stall some1 played this vs me in a tournament and it really tilted me, he was able to lock out my top cards and deny my energy while powering up his poke ... i wish i had a list... needles to say he went on to win the tournament n many more

Just a reminder that this is a "Discussion" thread, where users are encouraged to at least discuss their reasoning ;)

For me, I've heard of (and used) a deck that only takes advantage of the Tapu Koko Promo card (the one with flying flip). Because it is a basic which takes a DCE to put upwards of 120 damage on the board, it deals damage as fast as a Zororark or Golispod Deck, but only gives up one prize when knocked out.
Because damage is spread across the entire board (as opposed to being focused on a single Pokemon), you can sit behind on prizes and abuse things like Counter Energy and N. Then when the time is right, you take 4-6 prizes at once with attacks like Espeon-EX's Miraculous Shine or Tapu Lele's (ULP) Magical Swap.

It plays much opposite to how most decks consider playing.

I play a tapu koko promo/baby lele/mew/tauros deck. It's so much fun and nobody expects it. It is fun to take 4+ prizes in one turn.

Back