• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

SteelZor (Steelix, Scizor)

meisadude

LuxChomp Destroyer
This is my friends decklist and so far he owns with it, however, he doesn't seem to be able to go as fast as he would like. Would anyone be willing to help?

3-3 Steelix Prime (Triumphant Onix)
3-2 Scizor Prime (UD Scyther)
1 Scizor MD
2-2 Blissey PL
2 Uxie
1-1 Blaziken FB X
1 Skuntank G
1 Dragonite FB (or Empoleon FB. Not sure which I should do)
Pokemon = 22

1 Ruins of Alph
1 Conductive Quarry
4 Pokehealer+
2 E. Belt
2 Twins
2 Interviewers Questions
2 Warp Point
2 Seeker
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Bebe's Search
2 PokeComm
T/S/S = 24

4 DCE
4 Special metal
2 Metal
2 Warp
2 SP Rainbow
Energy = 14

Strategy is to start with Scizor Prime and speed tank until it's KO'd. Hopefully by that time We'll have a Steelix ready to roll with a blissey benched. Scizor MD is for Umbreon counter. Blaziken is for adding power/damage with burn (and a good dialgachomp counter). Blissey is for what it usually is. Dragonite/empoleon is a good fire/sp counter but we don't know who to choose.

We want to add more metal but don't know what to take out. Any thoughts?

You don't need Dragonite or Empoleon. Steelix is just awesome, and Scizor's Body is as good as its power. I like the Blaziken for DGX, but make sure you run something like Premier Ball to get it out. Decks like SP toolboxes, and possibly Trainer Lock will cry when they see Scizor. I run Scizor with Umbreon UD and it runs well, but Steelix is another great combo. The only problem is that you have no starter. If you start off with a lone Scyther or Onix, it is most likely over. Find room for something like Jirachi RR(which would work great), and possibly a few more Metal energies.

-1 Scyther
-1 Ruins of Alph
+2 Energy Exchanger

Energy Exchanger will be great for grabbing those energies. Also, SP rainbow energy have no more use than regular fire, since you're not running any SP that need any colored energy besides fire, so I'd say...
-2 SP Energy
-1 Skuntank G (not worth it for the poison)
+1 Conductive Quarry
+1 Fire Energy
+1 Metal Energy (basic)

Also, you don't need a 3-3 line of Steelix. 2-2 will be fine for a tank. So...
-1-1 Steelix Prime
+2 Rescue Energy

Rescue energy will help your recovery by a ton.

I run a Steelix/Scizor deck, and I will tell you that you are going to want Steelix to be your main attacker. The Scizor is a nice little back up when needed. 4-3 Steelix Prime, and a 2-2 Scizor Prime is whats needed.

Theres this guy at our league that has this deck, except he only runs straight SteelZor. He doesn't have these Blaziken tech things. And he's also the best player at our league, and the only thing he sort of has trouble with is BlazeChomp. But anyways, he starts with a Jirachi. I wouldn't be suprised if he ran 4. He gets set up super fast, usually having a Scizor attacking by T3 and a Steelix ready by T5. Then you just can't kill it after then. I'd say probably...

-1-1 Blaziken
-1 Skuntank G
-1 Dragonite
-1 Ruins of Alph
-2 SP Rainbow

+3 Jirachi RR
+2 Conductive Quarry
+1 Warp Energy
+1 Twins

Ok. Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll probably leave in Blaziken because he is great defense against other decks like dialgachomp and luxchomp who also run Blaziken. I would run a water, but I don't have any great 1 or 2 stage waters :/

Back