Steelix prime

mrwillster

Accelgor will be my salvation.
are there any good rouge uses for steelix prime?
http://www.pokemon.com/us/trading-cards/database/hgss-series/hgss2/87/

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-steelix-is-my-homeboy
This may help.

Well, it's a duplicate thread with everyone's ideas. They're not going to post the same ideas here.

Maybe try something like this (it will be slow):
24 Pokemon
4-4 Steelix prime
2 Shaymin
2-2 Donphan prime
2-2 Blissey prime
2-2-2 Vileplume

22 T/S/S
4 Seeker
4 Collector
2 Communication
2 Rare candy
1 Twins
2 Switch
4 Proffesor Oaks new theory
2 Judge

15 Energy
4 SP metal
4 DCE
5 Metal
2 Rainbow

Its not great its just a rough list.

That's waay too slow Tyrandon. I'd think of using Skarmory from HS-Undaunted as a starter and start slapping Energy on your Onix immediately. Because Steelix Prime can definitely make use of DCE, those are a must. Run four. Also, think of running it with Scizor Prime.

@EspeonROX: that sounds like the usual meta version of a steelix deck. i will skarmory but i hav no way to get scizor prime. thats why i asked about this. i want something super out there or just considerably out there

There is no "meta" Steelix deck. Anything with Steelix is out there. Very few people play it because fire decks have an easy time beating it and it requires rather large energy cost for steelix, which most decks can 1-2HKO without too much trouble.

Steelix prime works best with Skarmory, Klinklang, and Blissey prime. The combo is almost broken, it's so good when it sets up. Klinklang is also a decent back-up attacker, having the potential to knock out anything in the format on two heads, excluding Wailord. Victini can improve those odds. Drop in lots of switches and seekers and the combo works all day. A couple Zoroarks can help against fire Pokemon like Reshiram.

LLamajones24: Steelix prime with Klinklang, and Blissey Prime is the best combo eva!!! its was to slow for me because i didn't have any rare candy or any staples... it was great though

Blissey becomes useless when Max potion comes out. Can maybe work if a Vileplume is there, but thats all.

Also, if Steelix's weakness isn't fire; Steelix deck maybe be the BDIF

Steelix would not be BDIF without fire weakness, it's a stage 1 that needs 5 energy to do 100. That can't OHKO much in this format, while Reshiram and Zekrom are basics that hit for 120 with 3 energy. Donphan is also a better tank in general. I wouldn't recommend using Steelix even with Max Potion.

My problem with Steelix is that Onix is always a terrible Pokemon with stupid attacks and way too much retreat cost. Starting with it is not favourable, because you need the DCE and some Metal in the discard pile to do anything useful. By the time you manually loaded one, your opponent can KO it. And starting from a clean Onix again is very, very painful.

I do have a steelix deck built with Scizor and Lanturn Primes in there. Works pretty well, but not the greatest, obviously the weakness is his biggest issue

Back