Steelix Drawing

Nod3

her majesty
k
steelix_by_nod3rator-d69ef0m.png

Photo of mountain taken last year at the slovakian alps.
Drawn in adobe illustrator, coloured in fotoschopp
free to use as longas not commercial
will use for cascadegonporys (cscdgnpry.deviantart.com) VS pokemon thing: http://cscdgnpry-vs2utw.deviantart.com/

sorry for bad grammar and spelling, busy atm

Oops :(
now that I think about it, it's for use for cascades VS card thingo, so... /me shrugs

Moooooved.

You have a good basic shape and a decent grasp on shading. The amount of lines on the...boulders of the Steelix however is a bit over the top unless you were going for a cracked effect. I think a drawn background will benefit the picture too. Even though it makes the Steelix stand out it's inconsistent. Also I know that the head is almost at an angle but I'd try to still give it some of the blocks under its chin.

Delta said:
Moooooved.

You have a good basic shape and a decent grasp on shading. The amount of lines on the...boulders of the Steelix however is a bit over the top unless you were going for a cracked effect. I think a drawn background will benefit the picture too. Even though it makes the Steelix stand out it's inconsistent. Also I know that the head is almost at an angle but I'd try to still give it some of the blocks under its chin.

I was going for a "Scrap metal" effect on him. The background was photographed because
1) It's used for a card. Ken sugimori artworks sometimes get a photgraphed artwork.
2) Trying to somewhat mimic cascade gonpory's style (he draws a pokémon and adds a photo background)
Also, I forgot about the blocks under the face *sheepish smile*

Back